Categories > Original > Horror > Carpe Noctem

Human Flesh

by Kellyconcarne 0 reviews

Continuing to teach Gabriel in the ways of the vampire, Melikus, Katri and Reptilius move her to a new type of prey: Humans.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2005-07-18 - Updated: 2005-07-18 - 1021 words

0Unrated
Carpe Noctem
A vampire tale
By: Kellyconcarne

Disclaimer: I own all of the following characters with the exceptions of Azreal who belongs to Mallory Hoffman, Kain who belongs to Byron Lemburg, and Lucas Falx who belongs to Tony Thigpen and blah blah you get the idea.

Chapter 7: Human Flesh

Gabriel awoke the next night starving. She opened the lid of the coffin that she had recently acquired and sat up. She was startled to see Melikus standing over her coffin. He grabbed her by the arm and yanked her up.
"Come on girl. Tonight is an important night. We don't have any time to lose."

Gabriel pulled her arm free and blinked at him in confusion. However, she knew better than to question him. Melikus, Katri, Reptilius and Gabriel walked outside.

"So where are we going?" Gabriel asked, "Are we going to hunt in the woods again?"

Melikus shook his head. "Not tonight. Tonight, you're going to have a real challenge." His eyes got wide with excitement. "Tonight, you will-"

"Hunt humans." Gabriel finished. She blinked, surprised. She didn't know how she knew Melikus was going to say that. Melikus smiled,

"You took the words right out of my mouth. I wonder..." He looked at her thoughtfully, rubbing his chin with a gloved hand. Gabriel looked at him.

"You think I can read minds?" She asked as he examined her with his eyes.

"Well, it seems possible. How did you guess?" He asked.

"Just read your thoughts. I-I-I can't explain it. I just...did." Gabriel struggled to explain but with a lack of any explanation, she shrugged.

"It doesn't matter right now!" Katri hissed.

"I want flesh, can we please leave?" Reptilius begged. Melikus smiled at Gabriel, dismissing his thoughts on her strange abilities.
"Yes, we may go now. Let's go to Boston."

"Boston?!" Gabriel exclaimed, wincing a little. She dreaded returning to Boston. She didn't want to her friends to see her this way. But arguing was useless.

Sometime later, they arrived in the west side of Boston. As she looked around, Gabriel muttered,

"I'm...home..." She looked at Melikus and his two companions. "But I feel like I don't belong here anymore."

"That's because you don't, fledgling." Reptilius sneered.

"Mind yourself Reptilius." Melikus warned. "We don't refer to your fellow sister that way."
Reptilius snarled but Gabriel looked at Melikus puzzled.
"Sister?"

"Yes, you're one of us now. All of us here are brothers and sisters in the vampire race." Melikus grinned.

"Lucky me..." Gabriel thought to herself.

"Now we shall dine." Melikus announced. "Reptilius, find Gabriel here a nice victim."

Reptilius bowed and motioned for Gabriel to follow him. As soon as they were away from Melikus, he snapped,
"Foolish fledgling. You think he gives a damn about you? Why not just leave?"

"I-I-I have nowhere else to go." Gabriel stammered, thrown off by his sudden vicious remark. "The Finches would never accept me like this!" She pointed to the sharp fangs that flashed in the moonlight.

"Ha, I'm surprised they kept you as long as they did." Reptilius smirked. Gabriel glared at Reptilius,

"Be quiet. Find me a damn..." She hesitated before she finished the sentence "...human. I'm hungry." The word "human" sounded strange to her as not too long ago she was still a human herself.

"Alright. Relax, fledgling." He hissed at her and looked over to a tavern, spotting a young girl leaving alone.

"Perfect prey. I'll lure her to you and you attack her. Is that too complicated for you, fledgling?" Reptilius asked with a sneer.

"No. That's just fine." She snapped back, to which Reptilius chuckled. Then he began to change. At first he vibrated his tongue in and out of his mouth like a snake, releasing a low hiss. Then black scales covered his body and his eyes became small and yellow. Before Gabriel's eyes, Reptilius changed into a large, black snake. She stepped back, disgusted and horrified. With his snake face, he smiled a hideous smile and started to slither over to the girl. When Reptilius bit her leg, she shrieked and ran in Gabriel's direction. Gabriel bent her knees and tightened up, preparing to grab her, although she was just as terrified as the poor girl.

"NOW FLEDGLING NOW!" Reptilius screamed as he changed back into his human-esque form in the shadows. Gabriel snatched the girl and with a clean motion, she yanked her hair back, hissing with hunger. The girl let out a scream of horror, blubbering begs for her life.

Gabriel's fangs stabbed into the girl's neck, the whimpers of mercy melting into a wail of pain. Blood gushed out from the wound and splattered onto Gabriel's face. She ignored the blood covering her face and drove her fangs even deeper, causing more blood to spray out. The girl's screams ceased as Gabriel began to feed off of the blood, drinking it greedily. She felt her blood become engulfed in fire and her eyes lit up with raw energy.

Reptilius watched, smiling the same hideous disgusting smile. Gabriel drew her fangs out and threw the corpse down. She looked at Reptilius, expressionless, her face dripping with blood.
"Quite a messy eater you are, fledgling." He said with a sickening chuckle. Gabriel brought her hand to her cheek and wiped away the blood from her face. She stared at her hand for a moment then at the girl lying at her feet. She could feel her tongue aching for the sweet addictive taste of the blood so she quickly began to lick the blood dripping from her fingers. Reptilius cackled, deeply pleased.

"Now I see why Melikus choose you. You are a deadly little girl, fledgling." He remarked before laughing again. With a sudden growl, she seized Reptilius by the throat, cutting off his laughs. She smashed him up against the cold brick wall of the alley.

"/Gabriel/...my name is /Gabriel/, you bastard." She snarled, her blood-stained fangs gnashing together. She squeezed his neck tightly and then dropped him. Afterwards, she walked away, wiping away more of the blood of her face and sucking it off her fingers.
Sign up to rate and review this story