Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Nightcrawler Spirit

The Church

by morph 0 reviews

I am a spirit sent to guide the Chosen Ones of the Movieverses. My first assigment: Nightcrawler in X2. (Chpater 1)

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Nightcrawler - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 1614 words

-1MarySue
AN/ Hello, everybody! I really hope you all like this idea I have for a series of fics. A Spirit who's names are Morph, Injara, Reepa, Nikita, Calypso, Bastet and Karen. I guess you could call her a magical being of sorts. Her job is to guide the Chosen Ones of the movieverses. These are selected characters from some favorite movies, and she acts as a sort of guardian angel for them. She guides them through the events of their movie, andshe leaves them when the movie is over. Only the selected character can see, hear and feel her. They must trust and believe her and never tell anyone about her, or else she'll have to leave them early and the movie as we know it will be ruined!

The Spirit's first assignment is Kurt Wagner, also known as the Incredible Nightcrawler, in the movie X-Men 2. This fic was first writen back in November of 2003, before X-Men 3 came out. Most of the stuff in this fic will be from the movie, but a small bit of it will be from the novelisation by Chris Claremont. I do not own Nightcrawler or X-Men 2 in any way whatsoever, except for a copy of the D.V.D. and the novel. The Spirit is mine, though, and all of her names are some (yes, just some,) of my alter egos.

Also, I'm not even going to even try to type all of Nightcrawler's dialogue in a German accent. You're just going to have to remember to read it with a German accent, if you can.

This is NOT intended to become a Mary-Sue! Nightcrawler and the Spirit become good friends, THAT'S ALL. If this does come across to you as a Mary- Sue, then I'm sorry, because it's not meant to be.

Ok, now just go with the flow and have fun. Don't forget to review!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew where I was. I was in a place that I would later come to fondly call 'Nightcrawler's Church.' The place was big and dusty, with pigeons roosting everywhere and giant, beautiful stained-glass windows. There was a lot of scaffolding up and most of the pews were covered in cloth. Ugly graffiti covered the walls. (I had to admit I did like the one remark on the fence outside that read "Nature laughs last" but I had no time to dwell on spray- painted messages on holy ground right now.) There was only one, small offering candle lit - a sign that I was not alone. I also knew when it was. Kurt 'Nightcrawler' Wagner had just gotten back from his little romp in the White House. I needed to find him. I knew where his room was, upstairs.

I found him sitting in a corner of his room, looking hurt and scared. His left hand was fingering his rosary beads and he was praying in German. He clutched his left shoulder tightly with his right hand. I had the suspicion that it was still bleeding. I silently approached him, passing some of his many circus posters featuring mainly himself as the star acrobat. He didn't hear me approach, and so didn't know I was there.

"Kurt?" I said quietly.

He looked up suddenly in surprise. Before I could do or say anything else, he teleported away with a "BAMF" and a cloud of dark blue smoke that smelled like brimstone. I sighed, grateful that the smell didn't bother me much and went off to go find him. I was not going to give up that easily!

I wondered downstairs. I figured Kurt was up in the rafters somewhere. He wouldn't leave his church, not while he was wounded. "Kurt?" I called out. "Kurt? Or would you like me to call you Nightcrawler?" I scanned the rafters with my eyes, but I knew he would blend right in with the shadows. "I know you can hear me. You don't have to worry. I'm not going to hurt you or arrest you or anything. I want to help you, Kurt." I paused. I could feel that he was listening to me, wherever he was.

"Look, Kurt, I'm not afraid of you. I don't care how you look. I actually think you're really cool! I would love to have a prehensile tail and yellow eyes! And blue is my favorite colour! And elf ears rock! So do fangs!" No response. I sighed, and decided to try a different approach.

"I know you didn't mean to do it, Kurt. I know you weren't acting of your own free will in Washington." I paused again. I could almost hear him thinking about it. "I know you're hurt, and you need medical attention. I can help you, Kurt. You can trust me, I'm not going to hurt you," I reassured him. I waited for a few seconds, and I heard him "BAMF" down onto the ground in the shadows in front of me. All I could see of him were his yellow eyes, so full of pain.

"Hi," I said with a smile, trying to coax him out of the shadows. "Don't worry, you can come out. I'm not afraid and I wont hurt you."

"Who are you? How did you know my name?" Nightcrawler asked in his heavy, but kind German accent. He stayed in the shadows.

"I go by many names, but you can call me Karen," I replied. "I know a lot about you, and your powers."

"How did you find me?" Nightcrawler asked. "Are you a mutant?" he whispered.

"No, I'm not a mutant," I said. "I'm a spirit."

Now his eyes held confusion. "What?" he asked.

"Think of me as your temporary guardian angel for the next few days," I explained. "Come out of the shadows, please." I offered my hand out to him. He hesitated, but took it and slowly stepped out from the shadows. "That's better. Now, how about you teleport us back upstairs so that we can talk and I'll see what I can do about your shoulder." Kurt nodded and teleported while still holding my hand and so I went with him. We landed back in his room.

"Here, sit down and let me see your wound," I said gently to him. He did so, and I could see that he was still bleeding. I grabbed a clean cloth and applied pressure to the wound, making him wince in pain. "I'm sorry, but I have to stop the bleeding," I said.

"It didn't take very much energy to teleport you. It was almost as if you weren't there." Kurt said in a curious tone. "Are you really a spirit, Karen?" he asked me. I nodded.

"Yes," I said. "I'm here to guide you for the next few days. I know what's going to happen to you in the near future, and some of what has happened in your past," I explained to him, still pressing on his shoulder and admiring his tattoos now that I could see them clearly. Kurt was silent, thinking all this over.

"Do you believe me, Kurt?" I asked him. "I won't be able to help you if you don't believe or trust me."

Kurt turned his head and looked at me square in the eyes. I couldn't turn away from his golden yellow eyes, and I didn't want to. I really wanted to help him through this. I could tell that he was really thinking it over. "I believe you," he whispered sincerely.

I smiled. "Great," I said. I checked his shoulder. It had stopped bleeding. "Okay, I've stopped the bleeding," I said. "Now, there are a few rules which you must obey," I tolled him. "Remember only you can see or hear me. In fact, you're the only one who can feel me, too. Anyone else could walk right through me and not feel it. I'm not going to tell you everything that's going to happen to you, but I might give you the odd hint every now and then. Also, you must not tell anyone about me, or else I'll have to leave you before I'm meant to."

"When are you going to go?" he asked.

"In a few days," I replied. "But don't you worry about that now. I'm going to stick with you, and I'll let you know when I'm going to go." I paused and bit my lip. "I'm sorry I wasn't there with you when you were captured and forced to attack the President," I said quietly.

Kurt looked down, his eyes filled with sadness again. "It was all like a bad dream," he murmured. "A horrible nightmare. I couldn't stop myself."

"Don't worry, Kurt," I comforted him. "Nothing like that will ever happen to you again. Your life is going to improve greatly after these next few days. Trust me." Kurt nodded and put his coat back on. He flicked his tail. I couldn't help but smile. Then I remembered that Storm and Jean were going to arrive any minute now. I had to get the story rolling.

"Kurt, what do you usually do when an invader enters your church?" I asked innocently.

He smiled a little. "Well, this church has a reputation for being haunted by its very own demon," he shrugged. "I just hide in the rafters, using my power to send my voice from every direction. I just teleport around, and shout at them in German, and I scare them away."

I nodded. "Right," I said. "Now in a very short while, some people are going to arrive here. I want you to try that trick on them, okay?"

"All right," Nightcrawler said. I saw in his eyes that he trusted me.
Sign up to rate and review this story