Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Stains of Blood

by Gundamwinggirl 0 reviews

He is haunted by death and betrayal...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Horror - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2005-07-20 - Updated: 2005-07-21 - 481 words - Complete

-1OOC
Stains of Blood
Oneshot


No matter how many times I wash my hands...the blood remains...I can't believe I killed them, even as I stood above their bodies.

My name is Uchiha Sasuke and I am now the only surviving member of the Uchiha Clan. I was apart of the seventh cell when I was younger. My teammates were Uzumaki Naruto and Haruno Sakura. Our master was Kakashi.

I can see their faces in my nightmares...the memories of them haunting my every waking moment. She asked me if I showed them mercy...I replied yes.

I have no regrets, even though I should. I had two of the best comrades anyone could ever ask for...and one of the strongest master's around. I fell in love and got married, gaining a closer friendship with Naruto as I went.

As I lay awake at night I can remember his laughing eyes, the way that he proclaimed that he would be the next Hokage. Sometimes I wonder if what I did was right, but as I said...I have no regrets...

Yet I destroyed the friendship with a single action. His warm blood coated my hand as I stood over his unmoving body. Later, when I told Sakura what I had done...she just held me and whispered that it was alright...that no one had to know. He was buried and everything returned to being almost normal...just almost.

Every time I see the gentle eyes of his son I wonder what made me murder my best friend. Maybe it was the fact that he had the life I wanted...the power that I craved...or maybe it was just the simple fact that I wanted his position as Hokage.

It's five years later now and I am still haunted by the smile that graced his features before I killed him. I also killed Kakashi a year to the day that I killled Naruto. I always wonder if it was for the best that I killed them...destorying the only thing that could keep me from rising to the top. Sakura just gives me her comforting smile as she holds our three year old son, Naruto Uchiha.

As much as I want the stains to go away I know they never will. Every time I look at Sakura I remember the foolishness of our cell when we first started...and then I remember when we first started to work together. I remember it all and it is the only thing that makes me smile...even with the stain of blood on my hands...there are no regrets...

Author: I was going out on a limb with that...so I hope you like it. It has to be one of my more darker fics, with my favorite character of Naruto as the star. So please tell me what you guys think.
Sign up to rate and review this story