Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Space Pirates

Explanations

by water_dragon 0 reviews

a lot of things are explained and we meet a villian

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-19 - 748 words

0Unrated
Al watched Brooke as she was curled cat-like in the co-pilots chair. He remembered the conversation when she had boarded the ship. "How can you be Maori?" Paul had asked, "You're white!"
"They want to create the perfect human," she paused, "people from all cultures, all countries. They changed their looks, enhanced their skills and gave them obedience."
"So why aren't you obedient? Why was your brand activated?" Maria had asked whilst David treated Brookes scratches and bruises.
"I escaped before they initiated the final phase. They didn't foresee the consequences of the skills enhancement program. I rebelled," her voice was light and seemingly carefree, but there was a catch in it. An emotional catch. "But I had to leave the others behind." A tear formed at the corner of her eye.
Paul snorted, "oh look, a weakling. Let's dump her." Brooke got a glint in her eye and her foot snapped back catching the first mate in the jaw. He staggered back, clutching his mouth and chin.
"I am no weakling," Brooke hissed.
"You little... "Paul raised his hand to strike her but Al grabbed his wrist and whispered to him. "If she decides she doesn't want to travel with us we'll lose an incredible advantage."
Paul narrowed his eyes, "What advantage?" Al held out his hand Brooke.
"You can join us, give me the payment." Brooke handed over the piece of metal, Maria gasped.
"An ITP chip!"
"A what?" Paul was, quite frankly, clueless.
"An ITP chip, Inter-Planetary Travel. It enables any hover vehicle, such as a sky glider, to fly through space; Government chips enable fore-fields too."
"So?" Brooke rolled her eyes and muttered something that sounded like 'retard'.
"So, once I insert this into the mainframe we'll be in a space ship."
Paul grinned, he was getting it now "Cool."

The Marcella gained speed as it lifted higher into the air. Al strapped himself down behind the co-pilots seat where Brooke sat. Maria flicked a switch and the ship accelerated, orange flames whipped past the window and they were gone. The ship slowed and they broke out of the atmosphere. The ship floated wistfully across the empty expanse.

"There are places on earth that are uncontaminated and are contained. In most of these places(that are scattered all over the globe) there are prison camps and laboratories." Brooke had said as the boarded the Marcella. "I cam from a facility in Mexico. While I was there I heard rumours of a safe-spot, which is a clean area not controlled by the government. Protected in a bubble, from the pollution."

"Where to sir?" Maria asked, pulling Al from his reverie in the past.
"Earth," he said "I want to check out this safe-spot."

Deep in the heart of Mexico a government representative watched a screen thoughtfully. It showed the stats for Brooke Kate Streem and assorted photos that spun around the screen. Some of these pictures moved. The rep reached out and touched one of the spinning videos. It opened up and filled the screen.
Brooke was shown strapped to a chair wit an orderly bent over her. She was unconscious. The orderly injected an amber fluid into her arm. Brooke awoke with a start and screamed. The orderly withdrew from the white room and a hologram appeared. It was the government rep. he walked over to the Maori girl. Her looks had already been altered and she glared at the rep through grey eyes.
"State your full name and race."
"No," Brooke spat "you cannot control me, I will not obey you."
"Oh you will, in time."
"Never!" the girl snarled "You are filthy! You... "
The Video was interrupted when the test subject from Russia who had been injected with the obedience serum entered with a glass of blood red liquid.
"Has the mainframe been repaired yet?" He didn't look at her.
"No sir."
"Then make sure they hurry up because I am stuck with the secondary back-up plasma screen because that girl smashed the computer! Now get on with it!" The girl fled the room, although she was obedient she still feared him.
"Oh Brooke," she sighed "Why did you run? Why did you leave me here to suffer to their torture? They think I am obedient but the serum didn't work. I think it's the cancer, I thought they destroyed it years ago! Oh Brooke, where are you?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
yes it's up now, (everybody cheer) HOORAY! HOORAY! i'm currently working on chapter three
Sign up to rate and review this story