Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh!

How You Remind Me

by The_Wingless_Raven 3 reviews

A songfic to Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" that takes a glimpse at three of the most common yaoi pairings in Yu-Gi-Oh. Some cussing. One-shot.

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Joey Wheeler, Ryou Bakura, Seto Kaiba, Yami Bakura, Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Published: 2006-11-20 - Updated: 2006-11-21 - 1472 words - Complete

0Ambiance
Note: I wrote this about two years ago and posted it on ffn
Note: I wrote this about two years ago and posted it on ffn. After the no songfic rule, I became extremely paranoid about having my account banned for it still being posted. After enough people pissed me off with their stupidity, I decided to leave ffn and I deleted all of my stories. I wanted to cry as I deleted this, it being the best songfic I ever wrote. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Lyrics are in italics.



Disclaimer: I dun own, probably never will until either I marry into the family or take over the world and steal it from them.



Chapter 1, How You Remind Me:



Never made it as a wise man



I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'



Tired of livin' like a blind man



I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling



Yami watched Yugi from the shadows where he couldn't be seen. He sighed sadly as he watched his depressed hikari sit on his bed and write in his treasured poetry notebook. Yugi's eyes were dull and lacking their youthful shine. Yugi continued to write in his notebook, unaware that he was being watched by his darker half. He sighed and laid the pen across the page, got up off of his bed and walked over to the window. He pulled the dark blue curtains aside and stared out at the dark city with longing eyes. He wanted to be out there, he didn't want to be inside when it was so beautiful and dark outside. He longed to be out there walking in the dark alleyways, hidden by the shadows.



This is how you remind me



This is how you remind me of what I really am



This is how you remind me of what I really am



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(change of scene)



Kaiba watched Jou as he sat at the bar, drinking his life away. He felt bad for all the things he had done to him. He felt guilty for rejecting him when he had confessed his love for him. A tear ran down his cheek as he remembered the look on Jou's face when he told him that he didn't want anything to do with him. He walked up to the bar and sat next to Jou. Jou ignored Kaiba's presence and lifted his glass to his lips and took another swig of whiskey.



"Jou..." Kaiba attempted.



Jou continued to ignore him and sat his glass down on the counter of the bar. "Bar keep, give me another," was all he said.



The bartender refilled the glass with the amber liquid and then tended to his other customers. Kaiba looked at Jou with a look of pure concern and regret.



"Jou...talk to me. What happened?" Kaiba asked him, knowing very well what happened to him.



"Reality," Jou replied stiffly as he took another swig from his glass.



"Jou...I'm sorry. I didn't realize how much you meant what you said," Kaiba said, fighting back tears.



Jou looked Kaiba in the eyes. The emptiness in Jou's eyes sent shivers down Kaiba's spine. Jou's eyes were so dark and soulless now, they were so empty, the life and fiery personality that once filled his eyes were gone.



"It's too late to say that now," Jou said gruffly.



"What do you mean?" Kaiba asked, still fighting away tears.



"The man who loved you died. There's nothing left of him now," Jou said before taking another swig.



It's not like you to say sorry



I was waiting on a different story



This time I'm mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking



I've been wrong



I've been down


Been to the bottom of every bottle


These five words in my head scream



"Are we having fun yet?"



"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." Kaiba said quietly.



Jou looked him dead in the eye and smirked. "Get out of my life, I don't want anything to do with filth like you.



Kaiba couldn't fight back the next tears that fought against him. Tears streamed down his cheeks as Jou sad the same thing that he had told him when he rejected him.



"Now you know what it's like, not being loved," Jou said as he stood up and left the bar.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------(change of scene)



Bakura watched from the shadows as Ryou cried with his face resting on his arms and his arms spread out on his desk. Ryou sobbed uncontrollably as he imagined his scars, and what had caused all of his scars. His cries were about everything that he feared, everything that he hated, everything that he hated, and everything that loved him. Bakura watched as his hikari sobbed. He felt bad for all the things he had done to Ryou, every time he had hurt him. Every time he had locked him in the shadow realm. And now Bakura's heart hurt more, for more than just what he had done to his broken and scared hikari; his heart ached when he imagined that look on Ryou's face when he had told his hikari that he loved him.



It's not like you didn't know that



I said I love you and I swear I still do



And it must have been so bad



'Cause livin' with me must have damn near killed you



"Why did you have to do this to me?" Ryou sobbed.



Bakura was silent, he didn't know how to answer his hikari.



"If you really love me...why did you do this to me!?" he cried.


This is how you remind me of what I really am


This is how you remind me of what I really am



------------------------------------------------------------------------(change of scene)



Kaiba ran out of the bar after Jou. He had to chase him, for some reason he couldn't let himself let go of him.



"Jou!! Wait!" he yelled as he chased him.



"Go away Kaiba! I don't want anything to do with filth like you!" he yelled back as he continued to walk through the streets.



"Jou! Wait! There's something I want to tell you! Something I've WANTED to tell you!" he yelled, just trying to get him to listen long enough for him to tell him.



Jou turned around and faced Kaiba. Kaiba gulped; since when was Jou taller than him?



"What is it Kaiba? And you better say it quick," he growled.



"Jou, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you then, but you scared me when you said it first," he stuttered.



"What the fucking hell? Just leave me the hell alone, I don't need suits like you hanging around me," Jou hissed



"Jou...I love you. I loved you then, and I still love you," he confessed fearfully.



"Like I said, the man that loved you died a long time ago. Now get the hell away from me, I don't want anything to do with filth like you!" he whirled around and stomped off.



It's not like you to say sorry



I was waiting on a different story



This time I'm mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking



I've been wrong



I've been down



Been to the bottom of every bottle



These five words in my head scream



"Are we havin' fun yet?"



------------------------------------------------------------------(change of scene)



Yami watched in silence as his Hikari sighed longingly out the window.



Never made it as a wise man



Couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin



Yami could feel his hikari's longing for the shadows, his deep longing for the night outside. His hikari was becoming like him.


This is how you remind me


This is how you remind me of what I really am



Yami walked out of the shadows and over to Yugi, placing his hand gently on his shoulder.



"I'm sorry Yugi, I never wanted you to have to suffer like this," he said before vanishing into his soul room.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------(change of scene)



Kaiba walked back into the bar and sat where Jou had been sitting. He started drinking heavily to try to take his mind off of his broken heart. The door opened to the bar and a man walked in.



"Back for some more are you?" asked the bar keeper.



"Yeah, whatever you want," said the man.



The man walked over to Kaiba and sat down on the stool next to him. The man was Jou.



"Kaiba," he said gruffly.



"What do you want Mutt?" Kaiba asked in his annoyed manner.



"I'm sorry," Jou said.



It's not like you to say sorry



I was waiting on a different story



This time I'm mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking



I've been wrong



I've been down



Been to the bottom of every bottle



These five words in my head scream



"Are we havin' fun yet?"
Sign up to rate and review this story