Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love Is War

Guessing Games

by BlackEgyptianKitten 0 reviews

Summery: Yugi is an average 18 year-old boy, at least until he is sent to war. What happens when he meets his true love? Will this war end it, before the man he loves knows? YYXY

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-22 - Updated: 2006-11-23 - 3162 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of the characters that belong to it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks Later

Yami sat at his desk in his room, thinking of a plan to get to the Mediterranean Sea without losing a life of one of his men. He knew if he could get over to the Sea, before the enemy, that the new recruits could help ward them off. Everyday, a bundle of new recruits were shipped here on orders form his own captain.
Yami sighed. Three hours. No breakfast and soon no lunch. He regretted skipping breakfast. His stomach urged him to get up and sneak something from the kitchen, but he had to find a route.

A light knock on his door made snap back to Earth.

"Come in." Yami called, his crimson eyes fixed onto the door as it opened hesitantly.

Yugi's small frame walked into. "Hey Yami. I was worried. You didn't come down for breakfast. Are you feeling okay?" Yugi's large amethyst eyes held worried glimmer in them.

Yami smiled softly. "Yeah. I was just trying to find a route... we are taking off today."

"Oh I see." Yugi said walking up to where Yami was. "Do you... umm.. Need help?" Yugi, at a loss for words at the moment.

"Yes. That would be great."

Yugi smiled. A sudden shock of realization was seen in his eye before he quickly snatched up his backpack into his hand and pulled out a small box of fruit. "Oh. I was able to snag you some fruit from breakfast. It was the only thing I was able to grab." Yugi said.

"Thank you, Yugi." Yami taking the small box from his hands.

Yugi felt that tingle again in his heart when Yami's hands brushed against his when he took the small box.

Yami and Yugi started talking about how they would get to the Mediterranean Sea, while they both snacked on the fruit.

Yugi watched over Yami's shoulder as they both examined the map. Yugi could smell Yami's cologne. Exotic. That is all Yugi could say, along with Yami's deep voice Yugi swore in moment he would end up knocking out. He loved the sent though. And he loved hearing Yami's voice.

Yugi knew what was wrong with him. He was gay. He found that out when he was in high school. But this was new to him.

'Am I.. Am I starting to like Yami?' Yugi asked himself. He became lost in the thought of it. 'I've never truly fallen for a guy before.'

"Yugi? Yugi?" Yami's voice interrupted his thoughts.

Yugi blushed lightly when he noticed Yami was staring at him with a raised eyebrow. Yugi did a recoil backwards when he noticed they were an inch apart.

"Yugi? Are you okay?" Yami asked, looking at Yugi with a curious face.

"Uh.. Yeah. My mind just blanked off." Yugi said scratching the back of his head as he laughed lightly.

Yami stared at him for a while before his head snapped into attention. "O-kay." he said.

The door to Yami's room opened suddenly.

"Commander Atem. Forgive me but the captain has ordered you immediate departure. He says the enemy is on the move again and to take route D-4." said a rather young man. No older then Yugi.

Yugi looked at Yami.

"Fine. Tell him we are moving out now." Yami said standing up.

The young man nodded, saluted, and left in a rush.

"Yugi. I need you to round up the gang while I get my original squadron. Tell them to take everything and not to leave anything behind." Yugi nodded and left to go call them.

Yami turned back to look at the map. "D-4." he muttered. Yami closed his eyes bracing himself on the desk.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People ran around screaming as gun shots rang out every where. Many dropping to the ground as Atem and his sister watched in horror from their spot behind some barrels.
Atem held his gun into position. He aimed carefully and fired, shooting one of the enemy's soldiers in the head.

"One down. Hundred more to go." Atem muttered as his sister clung to his jacket.

"Atem, I'm scared. What if they get momma?"

"They won't Senarius. They won't, I will make sure you and mom are safe." Atem said taking a breath as he shot down another guy.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senarius stared at her brother, he was getting into something that their father got him into. If his father hadn't signed Atem up into the army; Atem would be safer. He and their mother and herself would have disappeared. Gone off to America. Atem would surely have translated for them, seeing as he was the only one that put his mind to studying English.

"Atem, why? Why don't' you just run away with momma and me? Why do you stay here and fight?"

"Senarius. I don't fight. I protect. I'm in this war not only because father pushed me into it, but because I want to be here to protect you and mom. Understand?"

"No! I want you to come with momma and me into hiding. Please Atem! I don't want to loose you like we did papa." the girl's eyes watered, crystal clean tears ran down her small tanned cheeks.

Atem placed his gun down and picked up the soon crying girl.

"No Senarius. You won't loose me. I will be close as long as you remember me. Okay?"

The small girl nodded as she dug her face into Atem's shirt.

"Atem. We are here for you mother and sister." said a man in the U.S. army uniform. Atem stood up and placed the small child in the man's open arms.

"Be strong for me, Senarius, okay?" the girl nodded clutching onto the man's neck.

"Atem. Don't be as foolish as your father. Run when you have to." said a tanned woman, coming out of a room. Her green eyes showed concern from under her red and blonde hair. "Please, my son, take care." she said giving Atem a hug before fallowing the men out.

Atem nodded before resuming tohis postand shot down some more of the enemy.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yami and his double squadron walked carefully past sand-duns, not making a sound.

Yugi watched Yami carefully, fallowing his actions such as holding the gun on his right hip. Yugi looked up at Yami. Yami's crimson eyes showed something Yugi rarely saw in people. Fear.

'What is wrong with Yami?' Yugi questioned in his mind.

"Okay. Let's make camp here." Yami said as they slid down into a hidden cave.

"Yes sir!" some men, Yugi didn't know, said at the same time as they started to help put up the camp, Yami helping.

Yugi and the other's helped set up the tents, before working on the fire.

"Shit." Joey said trying to light the fire.

"Joey, wouldn't it be easier if you just used a lighter?" asked Koujin in an annoyed voice.

"Well, ex-cuse me! Miss know-it-all! If you want to do it that way then fine! Let me see your 'lighter'." Joey snapped back.

"Are you mocking me?" Koujin scoffed.

"Maybe I am!"

"Err!" She said before almost jumping the blonde down.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on there!" Yami said taking hold of Koujin's waist. "There is no need to fight. Joey. Koujin was just telling you that you should try using the lighter. It would be easier. That is all. She wasn't calling you anything otherwise."

Joey snorted before standing up from his ground. "Well I don't have a lighter."

"I do." said Mikuro as he pulled out a lighter.

"Hmp." Joey said as he snatched the lighter and light up some dried grass they found near the Nile.

Yami let go of Koujin, walking over to where the sun shined its last rays. He pulled out a paper and pencil and started writing not caring if any one stared at him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yugi? Aren't you going to eat?" asked a man. Yugi's head snapped up from staring at Yami.

"Huh?"

"Yugi. Your name is Yugi right?"

Yugi looked at the man in front of him. He had a mustache and his brown eyes should concern. Yugi looked down at his plate, he had just been swirling around the food.

Yugi shrugged as he looked over at Yami.

"Don't worry. He'll eat later."

"How do you know?"

"Trust me. I have been in Yami's squadron since he himself was promoted to commander."

"What is he doing?"

"Writing. He is writing a letter to his sister, the poor man. Hasn't seen her in two years. Such a nice man was forced into the army by his bastard of a father. People say that his father forced his mother to marry him, and forced her to give birth to his children. That is. Before his father was shot, trying to prove he was not scared." the man said nodding. He sat next to Yugi. "Atem is nothing like his father. He may have his eyes and black hair, but he is not like him. No, no. Mr. Nazuke, he was a bastard. All he cared about was power and strength, and proving every one wrong. People said, when Atem was born, he would be just like his father. But na! He became smarter. Kinder. Much more different." the man said crossing his arms and nodded once.

Yugi nodded slowly. "Do you know how long he'll be like that?"

"No. Sadly. Maybe till his original squad gets fed up with seeing him writing and skipping meal time. They care. Oh yes, but they are not aloud to show it. They are afraid he will show his fangs like his father. No one has ever seen that happen, but they are afraid it will. Like they say. There is a first time for everything."

"I'm going to go talk to him..." Yugi said setting down his plate and walked over to Yami.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey Yami. You okay?" Yugi asked sitting next to Yami.

Yami looked up at Yugi and smiled. "Yeah I'm fine."

"How come you didn't come to get something to eat?"

Yami blinked twice. "It is time to eat?" Yami asked, with a curious face.

"Yes."

Yami nodded. "Oh. Um. I'll be right there." he said before writing one last thing down and folded the paper and stuck it in his pocket. "Okay. Lets go get some dinner."

He and Yugi stood up and made their way to where the others were.

Yugi took a glimpse around the camp fire and saw a few of the men had half shocked faces. Yugi smirked.

'They probably thought I couldn't get him over here.' Yugi gloated in his head.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"WHAT? I AM NOT! REPEAT NOT SHARING A TENT WITH ANY ONE! I AM MARRIED AND HAVE TWO KIDS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" Koujin yelled at Yami.

Yami picked his right ear with his left eye shut.

"Damn girl! You have lungs!" one of the men said.

Yami sighed. They only had six tents. There were eleven people. Koujin refused to share a tent, so he wasn't sure which two people would share the last tent.

"I guess there is only one way to decide this." Yami said after massaging his temples. He snatched up a piece of paper. He ripped the paper neatly into ten strips. Then ripped two of them to make them smallest. "Okay. This is how it goes. Each of us draws one of the strips of papers, except Koujin. Which ever two people have the smallest strips, has to share the last tents for the rest of this mission." Yami said.

All the men nodded as Yami held the out the paper strips, the two littlest strips hidden in the longer ones.

As soon as all the men picked them out they showed them to each other.

"Who got the other one?" Yami asked, showing his small strip of paper.

Yugi mentally cheered. "I-I did." he stuttered smiling at Yami.

Yami smiled back.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yami sat on his sleeping bag, writing again as a lamp light the small tent.
Yugi entered it and blushed a bit when he saw Yami didn't have a shirt on.

"Hey." Yami said noticing Yugi walk in.

"Hi." Yugi said as he smiled.

Yugi took off his jacket and extra stuff, leaving his black tank top and pants on.

Yami took a breath and put away what he was writing and covered himself with his blankets. "Night Yugi." Yami said as he smiled at Yugi.

Yugi nodded and smiled back. "Night Yami." Yug waited a while beforeseeing Yami fullyasleep. He smiled and watched him sleep.

'He looks so peaceful... so cute... so han- wait. I'm getting ahead of myself!' Yami thought in his head as he shook it./'No. Yami isn't gay. I can bet myself that.'Yugi sighed. 'Maybe I can just take a peak...'/ Yugi thought as he leaned over Yami's shoulder, curiosity taking his mind.

Yugi could smell Yami's exotic smell. It made Yugi shiver a bit, but he paid no mind to it as he watched Yami sleeping. His face looked serene.

Yugi sighed. Yami stirred a bit.

'Oh shit!' Yugi said as he tried to move away from looming over Yami's shoulder, but his arms were frozen, one over Yami and the other behind him. 'Move stupid arms! Move!'

"Hmm? Yugi? What are you doing?" Yami asked as his crimson eyes opened lightly.

"I... uh... saw something fly over here and... uh... wanted to see what it was? Heh, heh." Yugi said his voice going into a high pitch as he said the last part.

Yami raised an eyebrow and looked over where Yugi had taken a glance. "Nothing is there Yugi."

"Oh, must have bin a bug from outside then!" Yugi said smiling sheepishly as he moved away from his position.

"O..kay.." Yami said confused.

"Well! We are going to be busy tomorrow! Why don't we get some sleep? Yeah? Yeah, sleep is good! Night!" Yugi said in a rather fast tone as he covered himself with his blankets, cursing to himself in his head to no end. (Heh heh. That rhymed. XD)

Yami, still confused said good night back and went back to sleep.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yami led his squadron past many sand dunes, fallowing the Nile's current.

Yugi walked a foot behind Yami looking forward, completely lost to where they were. They soon heard rushing water.

"Oh my God." Koujin said looking wide eyed at the four new streams.

"Commander Atem. Where are we?" asked one of the men Yugi didn't know.

"We are about a day's way from Bubasti." Yami explained.

The man nodded.

"Lets take a break here for a while. Regain our energy." Yami said pointing to the cliffs lingering over them. (A/N: Okay, I'm looking at a map in a book and I'm guessing that the little squigglies on the land are mountains or cliffs so bare with me!)

The soldiers nodded and went over to some rocks sitting down either on the ground or on some flat rocks, shaded by the shade given by the cliffs.

Yugi stayed close to Yami, which gave Yami's conscious a big question. Is Yugi nervous? Or what?

"Yugi, are you okay?" Yami whispered.

"Yeah... why do you ask?" Yugi whispered back.

"I dunno.. Maybe the little 'bug' incident last night?"

"Oh.." Yugi mumbled blushing.

"Yugi, you can tell me any thing. What is it?"

Yugi thought on it...

-Yugi's thought-

"Yami, I'm gay and I love you."

Yami gets up from his spot and runs away.

-Reality-

"Yugi?"

"I'm gay." Yugi said, his words slipping out of his mouth before he even thought them. He covered his mouth quickly.

Yami frowned.

"Don't run away!" Yugi said, as he clung onto Yami's shirt.

Yami chuckled. "Why would I run away?"

Yugi poked two fingers at each other. "I thought you would..."

Yami chuckled again. "I'm not going to run away."

Yugi perked up. "Your not?"

"No. To tell you the truth." Yami said getting closer to Yugi. "I'm gay too." Yami whispered into his ear.

-Yugi's thoughts-

"YYAAYY! Yami's gay! Yami's gay!" Yugi cheered as he ran up and down the Nile.

-Reality-

Yugi blushed a little bit.

After about an hour of resting Yami and every one else set out again. But the sun teased them as it started to go down again.

"Lets make camp here for the night." Yami said as they all started to set up camp.

They ate and talked for a while and laughed at a few jokes Honda and Joey made while Koujin showed proud pictures of her children. Mikuro, Yugi and Yami talked to each other about random subjects.

After all the fun they all headed off to their tents.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yami and Yugi sat on top of their sleeping bags, a tad uncomfortable of finding their new secrets.

"Yugi."

"Yes?"

"Why were you leaning over me yesterday night?"

"If I told you, you would have to answer me a question."

"Okay."

Yugi took a breath and fiddled with his blanket. "I-I-I think.. I'm in- or have a crush- on you." Yugi regretted it. He could feel Yami's crimson eyes maneuver onto Yugi. "Now my question. Do you like any of the guys here?"

Yami was quiet for a while. Yugi heard a shuffle before he smelt Yami's exotic sent.

"Yes."

"Who?"

Yami chuckled. "You said, if you answered my question you would be able to ask me A question." Yami said smirking.

Yugi shivered. Yami was close enough he could feel his warm breath on his arm and shoulder.

"... Ask me another question."

"Why do you have a crush on me?"

"I... I don't know. It is like how my friend Anzu said. 'Once you find someone that you long to have, you feel an attraction to them.'"

Yami nodded.

"Now I get to ask you something."

Yami smirked again. "That was your plan the whole time huh?"

"Now I get to ask you TWO questions. And yes." Yugi said smugly shifting his position so he faced Yami. Yugi was surprised Yami was so close.

"Okay. Okay."

"Who do you like?"

"Are you sure we aren't playin' truth or dare?"

"Another question for me and yes."

Yami leaned forward a bit. "Take a wild guess. Get it right and you get a prize."

Yugi frowned. He hated games like this. "Fine.. Joey?"

"Nope."

"Honda?"

"No."

"Mikuro?"

"Do I need to repeat myself? No."

"One of the guys from your original squad."

Yami frowned. "No."

Yugi rubbed his nose he guessed every guy traveling with them... except himself. "Me?" Yugi said in a high pitched tone.

Yami smirked. "Correct. You get prize."

Yugi smiled. "What is my prize?"

"You choose." Yami said going back to sit one his sleeping bag.

Yugi smirked mischievously. "I know what I want."

Yami looked at Yugi with a confused face as he laid down on the sleeping bag. "What?"

"Guess."
Sign up to rate and review this story