Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love Is War

Dead or Alive?

by BlackEgyptianKitten 0 reviews

Yugi is an average 18 year-old boy, at least until he is sent to war. What happens when he meets his true love? Will this war end it, before the man he loves knows? YYXY

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-23 - Updated: 2006-11-24 - 3147 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Gosh. I would think you would know already! I do not own Yu-gi-oh. .:pouts:.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi's amethyst eyes looked around in pity at two men, lying on the ground dead, both with a badge of authority. Honda and Joey looked under chairs and desks, any where, where a body could hide.

Yug's eyes watered. They had been searching for a while, and there was no sign of Yami any where. Yugi slid down the closest wall, tears fell down his face. 'Maybe they were right. Maybe Yami did die.' Yugi buried his face in his knees, trying to choke down sobs.

Joey sat next to Yugi rubbing circles on his back. "Don't worry Yug'. We'll find de commander." he assured.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yami was in his own little un-conscious world. He was thinking.

'Ra! Why did this have to happen? Why does it seem when something good happens, something bad happens, then something ever worse happens?' he thought. 'What I would give to see Yugi and Senarius again...' His thoughts trailed off as he heard sobs. 'Yu-Yugi?' Yami stuttered in his mind. 'Wake up damn it! Open your Ra damned eyes!' Yami forced himself to try. He groaned painfully as his crimson eyes opened.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi's head snapped up. He heard a groan. "Did you guys hear that?" Yugi asked. Honda and Joey were already looking around again for the source of the noise. "Yami?" Yugi called, standing up while whipping his tears away.

Yami groaned again, trying to look around, but only saw fuzzy outlines.

Yugi pushed open a door nearby. "Nothing." he said disappointed, but determination was in his eyes as he went to every door.

Yami continued trying to force himself up, but felt a jolt of pain when ever he moved.

"Yug'! Help me open this door! It is stuck!" Joey called to Yugi. Yugi nodded as Honda came over. "One! Two! Thrrrrreeee!" Joey counted as he and Yugi pushed the door. Yugi and him sighed. The door was shut tight.

Yugi fiddled with the knob. "Okay! Time to put in plan 'Chair'!" Yugi said.

Joey and Honda looked at him bewildered. "Plan 'chair'?" they repeated.

"What? Is there an echo in here?" Yugi asked getting a chair. "Help me charge at the door with this!" Yugi said. Honda took grasp. "One! Two! Three!" Yugi said as they charged at the door.

The door flew open, the top cringe popping off. Yugi looked around and saw a flipped over table. There was another corpse. He was glad it wasn't Yami's though.

"Yami?" Yugi called gently.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yami?" Yugi's voice rang in his head.

'Oh Ra Yugi found me! Good! He can help! Thank you Ra!' Yami cheered in his head. He tried again to move, a moan of pain was all that he got.

Yugi turned to the flipped over table when he heard a painful moan. "You guys! Over here!" Yugi called as Joey and Honda came into the room. Yugi jumped over the table and saw Yami's body. His once tanned face cut and bruised. Not to mention, it was very pale. A small hole on his calor bone was easily seen, leaking only a little bit of blood. Hie left leg was twisted in a direction it shouldn't be. Yugi's eyes watered as he pulled Yami's head into his lap.

Yami forced himself to open his eyes, his hand flinching in pain.

Yugi looked into Yami's eyes. They were very dull, almost completely black. Only a sparkle of hope could be seen.

"Shh.. It is okay Yami, we are going to get you back to camp and get you healed." Yugi whispered, stroking Yami's hair.

Yami blinked and closed his eyes, he sighed a bit and took a few deep breaths.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honda and Joey helped Yugi get Yami into a standing position, keeping him from putting pressure on his left leg that was clearly seen as broken. They all trailed outside, but in a blink of an eye, Lenil, Senarius, and Koujin were right next to them.

"Ho-how did you? When did you?" Yugi stuttered.

Senarius smiled. "I heard you earlier. And when you left, I got worried so I snuck out and fallowed you. I saw you talking to those bad men. I heard everything not to mention recorded it." she said with a smirk, waving a recorder in her hand.

"She came to me and Koujin after hearing where you guys were going. We grabbed some stuff from the AID kit and fallowed you, we were also looking around for Atem." Lenil explained.

"I'm glad we caught you to. Commander looks in bad shape." Koujin said.

"Let me clean up some of his wounds. To keep him stabilized till we get back to camp." Lenil said.

The guys nodded and placed Yami carefully on the ground as Lenil kneeled down and cleaned up the wound as best she could. "Come! I don't know how much longer he will last. I need my other equipment to help him." she commanded.

Joey and Honda stood Yami up and they walked over to the camp, they were met by dozens of soldiers. The captain stood up front. "What happened?" he asked, his mouth hanging open seeing Yami in bad shape.

"He needs to get help! Fast!" Lenil said

Some other soldiers came out of the crowd and took Yami to the infirmary, Lenil fallowed.

Hencu and Jensen looked at them, anger and astonishment written all over their faces.

"You bitch! How dare you leave camp without reason! Captain! I think he maybe part of the enemy. I think it was him who was one of their spies!" Jensen said.

"TAKE THAT BACK!" Senarius yelled at him. "Captain. Listen to this! I recorded it." she said playing the recorder.

/"And den! Boom! I shot him down! No more enemy! We all are goin' home!" /Jensen was heard saying.

"And what about your second mission?"
Hencu whispered in a very light tone.

"Done with. Never he'll return."
Jensen was heard whispering to him.

"Good. As long as he is gone, no one will love him."
Hencu muttered.

"You BITCHES!"
Yugi was heard yelling./ "You killed Yami!" /Yugi yelled.

There was a shuffling noise and a few crunches from the dirt under neath.

SLAP!

"How dare you say that!"
Jensen was heard.

"I know you did it! Murderer is written all over your ugly face!"
Yugi argued.

"And. So we did. Who gives a damn? No one cares! As far as they know, he was killed by the enemy, just before commandeer Jensen, here, killed the enemy's own commander and captain."
Hencu said.

"You fucked up bastard."
Yugi sneered.

"Heh. He acts just like Atem."
Jensen grunted.

"Yes. To bad he won't be able to any more. Kill him."
Hencu commanded.

"But-but Hencu! What if they see?"

"Say he was part of the enemy, spying on us. He was gong to return and tell them all the weak points of our army and have them start up the war again."
Hencu called.

"I'll make this quick and painless."
Jensen said.

The captain and every one else turned to look at Hencu and Jensen.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi sat in a chair next to Yami. His body was lying down on a white sheet bed, a portable heart monitor was beeping. Yugi watched Yami as his chest slowly raised and fell with silent breaths. He had become stable after an hour of treatments. Lenil told him he had a broken leg and rib, and that he was lucky the gun shot wound missed his lungs and heart.

Yugi sighed. He wished Yami didn't have to go through this pain. He crossed his arms on the bed, holding Yami's hand. Yami hadn't woken up since Yugi, Joey, and Honda had found him at the decreased enemy's base. He rested his head on his arms. He was getting tired, but could tear his eyes away from Yami's bruised face. He stood up and bent over, giving Yai a small kiss on the cheek. "Please wake up Yami." he whispered.

Lenil walked in and saw Yugi standing next to Yami. She smiled a small sad smile at them. "Yugi. I'm sorry, but you have to leave now."

Yugi turned to her confused. "What do you mean?" he asked.

She sighed. "You are from Japan right?" she asked.

"Yes."

"The boat to take all the remaining soldiers from Japan is going to leave soon." Yugi's heart fell.

"But what if I don't want to leave?"

"You aren't stationed here. Your aren't legally in the army. I'm sorry Yugi, but you can't stay." she said in a sad whisper.

"Bu-but what about Yami? I can't leave him here!"

"I'm sorry Yugi, but that is how things are. Now come on." Yugi looked back at Yami again and kissed him again before going with Lenil, tears stung the back of his eyes as he blinked to keep them from falling.

Lenil watched painfully as Yugi gave Yami a kiss and left his side, walking over to Lenil. Her heart hurt for the two.

"Don't worry Yugi. Yami will recover, and when he does, I'll tell him that you said good bye." she said in a small whisper.

"I-I wish I could tell him myself." Yugi muttered, his eyes filled with unwanted tears as he was lead out of the infirmary.

She nodded and watched as Yugi went into the other building where his sleeping quarters were.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi stuffed everything he owned into his backpack, tears running down his face in clean crystal streams. His heart filled with the pain of not being able to see Yami again.
"Damn rules! Who ever made them should go to hell. I should be right next to Yami, making sure that he gets better!" he cursed out loud.

He slunk to the floor burring his face in his arms, muffling sobs.

"Yugi?" Koujin called softly as she opened the door to his room, her attention caught onto that of the sobbing boy. She walked over to him and sat next to him, resting an arm around his shoulder. "Shh... it is okay Yugi." she said softly.

Yugi held his breath, trying to stop the sobs, and ended up hiccuping. He nodded whipping his face clean of the tears.

Koujin smiled sadly. "Come on. We should get going." she said, she helped Yugi up onto his feet and picked up her backpack. Yes she was from Japan, and she was glad she was going back home, but she was sad she wouldn't see many of her new friends.

"Koujin?" Yugi asked softly as they walked out of the room.

"Yes?"

"What are you going to miss most?"

She thought a bit, debating on what she was going to miss. "I'm going to miss you, commander, Honda, Mikuro, and the rest of the troops, even the mut Joey." she said.

Yugi chuckled softly.

"How about you?"

"I'm going to miss every one too." he said with a sigh.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Weeks Later: Domino, Japan

Yugi flipped through an old magazine that he found laying around. Skipping over all the articles, just looking at the pictures before he close it and set it aside.

A small 'ding' rang as a girl with auburn brown hair walked in. Her eyes matching that of deep blue sapphires.

"Hi Yugi!" she chirped kindly.

Yugi looked up at the girl and smiled lightly. "Hello Anzu. What bring you here?" he asked.

"Well! Me, Ryou, Honda, Joey, were wondering if you wanted to come to lunch with us! Koujin had asked us and asked me to ask you." she said.

Yugi thought for a moment. He was glad to find out that Honda and Joey also lived in Domino along with Koujin and himself. "Sure. Let me just tell my grandpa where I am going." he said finally. Anzu nodded as he walked through a door behind the counter. The door led into a small living room.

"Hey grandpa, can I go with Anzu and them for lunch?" Yugi asked his grandfather Solomon Muoto, who was reading a book.

"Sure." he said with a smile, his purple plum eyes glistening a bit. Not to long ago, when Yugi returned from war, was he sunk into a depressed state. He didn't want to eat, talk, or go outside. He just sat in his room, now and then sobbing for a said Yami. Solomon didn't pry Yugi into telling him who he was, but he did find out it was his new lover, and commander, and he found out what happened to him, but nothing more.

Yugi smiled at his grandfather's approval and snatched his jean jacket and pulled it on over his white t-shirt. "I Have my cell!" Yugi called sticking his silver cell phone in his dark blue jean pockets and pulled on his tennis shoes. "I'll be back later!" he called as he walked out the door.

Him and Anzu walked down the street, chatting at random topics. Yugi couldn't help but laugh when a 'presentable guy' passed and Anzu played with her hair in an 'attractive' way, only to get ignored.

"Hmp! Goes to show you that straight guys can be so blind when is comes to nice girls like me!" she huffed. Yugi rolled his eyes and laughed more.

Soon they met up with Koujin. Joey, Honda, and Ryou and walked over to Apple Bees(A/N: I do not own Apple Bees!)

They got a table for eight which surprised Yugi. They all sat down, making sure Yugi had the seat where his back faced the door.

Again, they were all chatting away, waiting for their drinks. Yugi watched Koujin as she, now and then, looked over his shoulder to see if something or someone was coming.

"Is something wrong, Koujin?" Yugi asked her.

She blinked and blushed a bit. "Oh-oh no! No, no, no! Every thing is fine!" she said scratching the back of her head. "I just keep getting that feeling my husband is going to pop out!" she said as she smiled.

Yugi nodded, ounce he met up with Koujin at the store and they were talking when her husband showed up and became very protective of Koujin. Soon a girl came up to them and gave them their drinks. Yugi sucked his lemonade through a straw now and then spinning it as they talked.

Joey smirked a bit, a twinkle in his eye. "Hey Yug'. If you could have ONE WISH. What would it be?" he asked.

Yugi blinked at the random question that was thrown at him. "Umm... Well.. There is only one thing I really want. I would wish I could see Yami again." he said looking down.

Two hands cupped around his eyes. "Guess who!" a deep voice whispered into his ear.

Yugi froze and thought a moment before he was shocked into reality at who the deep voice belonged to. "Yami!" Yugi squealed as the hand were taken off from his eyes.

"And they say wishes don't come true!" Yami joked.

Yugi jumped from his chair and hugged Yami.

Yami hugged back, a smile plastered on his face.

"When? How? But!"

"Easy! About three days ago. Met up with Koujin, and no buts! It has nothing to do with this!" Yami joked.

Yugi smiled. "How long have you guys bin planning this?" Yugi asked.

"About two days." said Ryou in his British accent. His chocolate brown eyes shining with happiness for his friend as he played with his white hair.

"We knew how bummed you were about Yami being hurt and not being able to see him." Anzu added.

"So when I met up with him, the plan just started!" Koujin said.

"And whoo-la!" Joey and Honda said at the same time.

"And you'll be able to see more of me too." Yami said to Yugi.

Yugi looked at him confused.

"Yugi, me and Senarius moved right here in Domino."

Yugi smiled more as he hugged Yami tighter. Yami kissed Yugi's hair softly and hugged back. He knew thing wouldn't go down hill any longer and things were looking up. Not only has he found someone who he loves, and is loved back by, but Hencu and Jensen were sent to jail as assault and attempt to murder.

Hell ya. Things were going to get way better.

End


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Yami: Hey Kittne, is there going to be a sequel?

BE Kitten: Yes I am actually! And I'm already starting up on it! Don't have a name though! XD

Yami: Can you give the reviewers/readers an epilogue?

BE Kitten: Yes! Here ya go:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue

Yami sat on his spot on his blue couch with a black laptop on his lap. Colored pictures flashed on the TV screen as Senarius watched as if in a trance.

Two pale colored arms wrapped around Yami's neck, placing kisses on his jaw bone.

"Marhaban, Yugi. How was work?" he asked said Yugi as he looked up to see his lover's amethyst eyes he loved so much.

Yugi smiled. "Boring, except for the fact that the copy machine blew up and I got ink all over my shirt to prove it." Yami laughed at Yugi's inconvenience at his job as an assistant to Seto Kaiba.

Yami placed a soft kiss on Yugi's lips. "Live and learn. Never put more then ten papers in the copier.

Yami frowned, and amusing frown. "You just made that up!"

"I know, but didn't it sound so old and real?"

"No. It sounded like you pulled it out of the gutter." Yugi smirked.

Yami chuckled as Yugi walked over and sat next to Yami. "What are you writing?"

"I don't know. Just random things."

"He has bin sitting like that /all day long/." Senarius said, exaggerating on 'all day long'.

Yami set the laptop on the small table next to the couch and pulled Senarius away from the TV. "And you have bin sitting there on the floor all day long too." Yami said.

"Na uh! I got up at least twice to get something to eat and drink!" she said with a chibi pout. "And plus! No copy cats!"

Yugi laughed at Yami and Senarius's new little fuse, throwing things like 'copy cats' and 'over exaggerating person'. Boy was he happy, ever since he had moved in with them, he hasn't had a dull moment, except for when he was at work.

Things were going great.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BE Kitten: Okay! That was my little epilogue! I hoped you like it and will check up now and then for it! I'm sorry this wasn't as long as my other chapters, but I'm running dry on ideas. XI Thank you again for all that read this story and reviewed! And hey! You lucky I didn't take my mom's suggestion as to not post this for a year and or month! .:laughs:. Laters!
Sign up to rate and review this story