Categories > Original > Drama

Keyboards and Kitty Toys

by The_Wingless_Raven 2 reviews

Just drabble I wrote spur of the moment... Might become a collection of drabbles for the sake of just writing

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 290 words

0Unrated
There she sat, staring at her computer screen.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me..." she breathed as she reread the message.

"Oh that's just retarded!" she spat, leaning back in her uncomfortable wooden chair.

She held her left hand out over the floor. Her summons was quickly obeyed by her cat who came to console her with a loving 'mew'.

"Sometimes I think you're the only friend I have Bubbles..." he sighed as she scratched the cat behind the ears.

"Mew!" he cried out, purring loudly.

"I'll take that as a 'Yes, I am your only friend.'" she sighed again.

A sweet little tongue darted across her fingertips as she continued staring at her computer screen in anger. Without even thinking she reached for the little kitty toy next to her keyboard and began dangling it next to her chair.

Her black and white tuxedo cat quickly jumped the toy, filling the room with the sound of the little ringing bell.

She sighed miserably, causing Bubbles to look up from his toy with concern. He jumped up in her lap and cuddled her, trying to cheer her up. She kept looking at her screen.

Wishing for her to just take a break and relax, the kitty stepped on the 'esc' key on the keyboard, holding his paw there until all the windows were closed.

She sighed heavily and stroked his soft fur.

"You're right Bubby..." she gently bopped him to get him off her lap, disconnected from the internet and put her computer in standby mode.

Grabbing her copy of "The Catcher in the Rye", she headed off to bed to read and snuggle with her kitties and bunny. She desperately hoped that tomorrow would be a better day.
Sign up to rate and review this story