Categories > TV > House > Rebel Yell

Chapter 2

by wooster182 0 reviews

Still, does not follow Season 3 at all. What will Cameron do?

Category: House - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Allison Cameron - Published: 2006-11-26 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 390 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

"Allison?"

Cameron's heart nearly fell out of her body and slid all over the floor. His whisper was barely audible. She blinked a few times out of shock. Taking a deep breath, she looked down at House. Her bright smile fell as she noticed he was still unconscious.
Someone else had entered the room.

"Allison, what are you doing?" The man asked. Cameron could only see his silhouette because House's hospital room was darkened, but she now knew who was speaking to her.

She gathered all the nerves she could muster. Standing beside the bed, she closed her eyes momentarily and pushed back her bangs with both hands. "Nothing," she sighed. "I just thought that if I...uh, talked to House, he might wake up...or hear me or..."

Cameron let her words fall away. She was embarrassed and could not hide it. The man must have understood this because he stepped closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder. He looked down at House. Even in the shadows, Cameron detected disdain for the sleeping doctor.

What he said next came out so quietly and unexpectedly, Cameron thought she was imagining things again. "He'll never love you the way you need him to."

Despite her best efforts, tears pooled in her eyes. She backed her shoulder away from the man. Her jaw firmly set, she gritted, "What did you say?"

Putting his head down, he exhaled as if for the first time since he entered the room. "You know I mean House. He won't ever put you first. And he sure as hell has never treated you the way he should." His jaw was firming too.

Resentment and fear surged through her body. What if he's right? she thought. Those feelings escaped from her angrily. "Who will treat me right? Who's up for that job?"

The man stared into her lovely face. The shadows better emphasized the curves of her cheeks and the softness of her lips. He didn't think he could ever let her go once he had her for good. For keeps. His stomach possessively knotted at the thought that she had just kissed House. That she would rather be with House, make love with House, live with House. Looking straight into her eyes, he no longer whispered. "Me. You should be with me."

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story