Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

Chapter 5: Cause Every Pain of Glass That Your Pebbles Tap Negates the Pains I went Through To Avoid You

by Blood_Red_Summer 0 reviews

GOD AM I SICK OF THESE OR WHAT?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-26 - Updated: 2006-11-27 - 873 words

0Unrated
*OK, Ice and Goodman come from "Shooting Stars: Ice" by V.C. Andrews. Fantastic Author.*

Arctic hid behind Patrick while he knocked on the door. No one answered, and Arctic breathed a sigh of relief; nobody was home. She unlocked the door, and all five of them stole inside and upstairs to her room. Pete, Joe, and Andy held open their duffels while Arctic and Patrick threw stuff in, the silence broken only by, "Ya want this?" or the thud of something falling as Joe lost interest and started to play with her stuff.

"Hey, Arctic, I never knew that you were apart of this," Pete said, holding up a pamphlet for World Vision.

"Well, didn't you ever notice how all I did was work but never had any money?" Arctic asked. She fell to the floor and dug out a container of manila folders, each one holding a number of papers and booklets, and each labeled with a different organization. She placed that in the bag Andy set on her bed. "This box has all of the organizations I donate too. And I still have money left over." She picked up her checkbook and read it aloud, "fifteen thousand dollars. Oh my, I didn't even know that I had that."

The boys stared at her. "Well, I knew that it was a lot, but," she folded her laptop and slid it into it's case and handed it to Joe, "I guess that I didn't really look at my bank statement since I added all of my bonds when I turned eighteen." Her birthday was in January, and it's now June. They graduated the last week of May. Pete found her last paycheck and whistled.

"Did you work everyday after school?" he asked, his eyebrows backing up the information he had just found. She nodded, and Joe grabbed the check.

"Eight hundred dollars! Holy crap, girl!" Patrick looked up from his duty of pulling her shirts off of their hangers and folding them neatly and dropping them in his bag to give her the critical stare too.

"What? You guys know how much I worked-"

"Yeah, you had three jobs," Andy muttered.

"Three well-paying jobs," Arctic stressed.

"And never had any time to hang out," said Joe.

"Well, we're together now, aren't we?" she cried.

"And it paid off, literally. Now drop it," Pete rushed to her defense, and glared at Joe and Andy, who had made her so uncomfortable.

They heard a car pull into the driveway.

"Oh no! Hurry!" Arctic ran about, throwing everything into one of the four duffels, and she opened a few more of her own. By the time everything was in a bag, someone was ascending the stairs. "Go! Now!" she hissed at them. They filed out the door, only to come face-to-face with her father.

"Where are you going?" he snarled. Pete forgot his fear of her father, and bravely but stupidly stepped forth.

"Sir, your daughter is coming with us. Unless you want a scene, you'll move," he ordered, his eyes narrowed to the likes Arctic had never seen of him. Her father stood, but clearly was unable to decide on what to do.

Andy stepped forward and made a martial arts stance. "Mr. Goodman, if you don't move, I will be the one to create a scene."

Patrick stepped forward. "Me too. Arctic's coming with us." And he put his arm around her waist. Joe gathered up the bags and slung them over his shoulders. Her father had no choice but to move aside. Arctic looked around her room, and realized that it was pretty much bare. One duffel was full of her books, two were of what of her wardrobe she didn't already bring to Pete and Patrick's, and the last held little knickknacks.

The group, led by a snarling Pete, wedged out of the door in a mob, all four guys trying to protect Arctic. When they got out into the road, Pete did a running leap and whooped. "We showed him, huh guys?!" he cheered. Joe threw the luggage into the back, and got into the Jeep, but only to find that Pete had already taken Andy's lap, and Patrick was already in the front.

"You guys, thank you," Arctic was staring hard at the road in front of them, she hadn't even turned the ignition yet. Pete wedged himself in between the seats and grabbed her face, without coming in contact with her bruised eye, and kissed her hard on the mouth. The guys just stared, and Joe even started stuttering.

"Di-did you, you just...?" he started. Patrick nodded, and Andy asked what the hell just happened that he couldn't see, as Pete's butt shielded him quite nicely.

"Arctic, don't worry about it!" Pete squealed. "We love you too much to let anything happen to you!" Arctic pushed his head away with feigned alarmed sobriety and started the Jeep.

"Okay, then. Um, we're going home." Her frigid blue eyes were wide and scared and her mouth tightened in a thin line. Pete licked her cheek and plopped back down on Andy's lap, and Arctic couldn't contain her laughter anymore. She laughed harder than she ever did in her parent's house.
Sign up to rate and review this story