Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saint Lily

Cough Drops and Private Calls

by I_Mean_This 1 review

Lily gets a phone call from a certain someone

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-11-27 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 382 words - Complete

0Unrated
Lily walked through safeway, dragging her feet through the abandoned aisles, her fuzzy leopard print slippers scuffing over the worn and scratched linoleum. She hid under her black sweatshirt as she floated past the tampons and maxi pads and into the medicine aisle. She stood there, surveying the colorful array of cough drops and throat lozenges available to her. She picked up a yellow package with a sleepy bear on it. Soothing chamomile..hmm.
Lily's throat was sore. It was sore from giving her all in the recording studio, from singing such emotional songs.From screaming. She had really opened herself up for this record. It was emotionally draining. She sighed as she stared at the bear, snuggled up in front of a fire place. She grabbed two packages and headed to the checkout. Suddenly, her phone vibrated against her stomach. She pulled it out of her sweatshirts front pocket, and stared perplexed at the screen. Private number?
"Hello?" grumbled into the receiver.
It better not be Matt. She needed a break from recording..just for a little bit.
"Lily?" the voice on the other line asked skeptically.
"Yeah?"
"Dude, you sound like shit. You're all raspy, like an...old lady or something."
"Thanks...bert?" Lily asked, raising an eyebrow as she put her cough drops on the checkout belt. She smiled at the cashier as she readjusted her purse under her arm.
"Yeah, its me. The man of your...fucking dreams..." He finished with a mumble."Yeah...fancy hearing from you. What do you want?" She asked, handing the cashier a five dollar bill.
"What do I want? What's your problem..you sound like an angry flower..."
Lily furrowed her brow,
"Bert, if you called me to tell me 'I told you so' or to lecture me about dating the 'wrong guy' you can save it, because I've heard it a million times, from a million people in the past months. So save it."
Bert gasped, "My word! Such anger! Calm down, its just your uncle bert."
Lily breathed in the cold night air as she walked to her car,
"Sorry bert...I've just heard it a lot lately. Sorry."
"Uh, its ok. Listen, I'm going to be in LA for a while...want to hang out? For old times sake?"
Sign up to rate and review this story