Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thank You For the Venom

This has got to be the worst joke of the century.

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

Mikey and Mel have known each other forever. Can one day change what they think of each other? And will it change to something more?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 684 words

0Unrated
~~~~~

Mel's POV

I was sitting up in my room, thinking of Mikey's sudden change. Why did he suddenly talk to me? I think it just sort of slipped out, but I can't be sure with him. I also thought about our hug. I didn't want to let go of him. It just felt so right.

I went down the stairs, thinking I could watch the rest of their practice when I heard them yelling at him. Then I heard Ray yell something. I couldn't tell what it was exactly, but I heard the words "MY SISTER" very clearly. I ran in to see what was happening.

I walked in to see Ray advancing on Mikey menacingly. Mikey was cowering and backing up. He was about to trip over the drumset and amps. I ran over and gave Gee a look, telling him to help me. We grabbed Ray's shoulders and Mikey relaxed a little.

"Ray stop it!" I yelled at him. I saw Frank and Bob just staring, and I needed to know what was happening. "What was he saying about me?" I asked to everyone.

"I WAS ASKING HIM WHY HE WAS DAYDREAMING ABOUT YOU!!" Ray yelled. I was in a daze. Mikey was daydreaming about ME? I thought I was the only one who had felt something when we had hugged in the kitchen. I didn't even remember letting Ray go. I just remember seeing Mikey run away with his bass, embarrassed. I came to my senses and grabbed Ray again to stop him going out after Mikey.

"Let me go!" Ray yelled.

"Only if you promise not to go after Mikey," I said.

"Fine," Ray said, disappointed.

"Why did you guys have to do that to him?" I said. Frank was the first one to talk.

"Well he wasn't paying attention so we started yelling to get his attention. I just told him to stop daydreaming about you," he said, still shocked. "It was supposed to be a joke. I never thought Ray would get so mad."

"Oh yeah, really funny joke. Just make fun of my little brother and Ray's little sister. It's all so hilarious! We're all laughing our heads off right now, aren't we?" Gee said sarcastically. He seemed really angry.

"What you too? This has got to be the worst joke of the century!" Frank said.

"I guess practice is over now since our bassist is gone," Bob said. Ray just nodded. Bob and Frank left. Ray just walked into the kitchen.

"We should look for Mikey. It's really cold out there. We don't want him to get sick or anything," I said to Gee.

"Yeah, I guess. I just can't believe that Ray got so mad. He knows how shy and fragile Mikey is. Ever since our grandmother died..." Gerard trailed off. He looked at me sadly. "You know how close they were from what I've said. He just hasn't been the same."

"I understand. We should go look for him," I said. Gerard nodded. He set off in one direction and I set off in the other. I found myself walking past the graveyard where their grandmother was buried. I remembered her funeral. Gee had sung while Mikey played the guitar for the song "With You in Your Dreams" by Hanson. She had told them that she wanted that song played at her funeral, and they played it no matter how much they hated the band. I heard talking interrupt my thoughts.

"The worst part is that I like her, that I may even love her. I had no idea until just now. I have all this time, from watching her and hearing her, but I never said a thing. And she has no clue." It sounded like Mikey. Sure enough, I looked over and saw him with his bass, sitting in front of his grandmother's grave and playing and singing to "Under Pressure". When he was done, I clapped. He looked around like he had seen a ghost, but seemed more relaxed when I said, "That was really awesome." He looked at me, disbelieving.

~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story