Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The World You Loved, Forever Gone

Rudy Can't Fail

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

When Elise comes home to Chicago from France, where she studied, she finds the world she left has changed, and finds her best friend is in a band now

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 450 words

0Unrated
The car ride to the little diner was quiet and short. I guessed that Andy and his friends lived in the area because anyone who didn't know the area would have passed by it without a second glance. Rudy's Diner. It reminded me of a song by the Clash. So I started humming it, of course.

"I love that song," Andy said, recognizing the song at once. I smiled at him.

"Me too. I'm kind of a music geek," I confessed. He smiled and stopped the car in front of the diner. He helped me out of the car and we walked into the small diner.

"THERE he is! Finally! We thought you wouldn't show!" I heard someone from across the diner. He had dark hair and eyes, and looked somewhat familiar. He stopped when he saw me. "Oh, I see now. You met a girl and decided to bring her for me," he joked. "You're forgiven, but you're on my list," he said, warning him with a smile. I couldn't help but laugh. He reminded me of my old friend that I had left here when I went to France.

"Don't listen to him, he's a freak," another of Andy's friends said. This one had an afro and a small lisp.

"OK, I think introductions are in order," Andy said, looking at my confused expression. "OK, guys, this is Elise. Elise, this is Pete, Joe, and Patrick," he said, pointing to each one. The name Pete clicked with the familiar guy's face.

"Pete? Pete Wentz?" I asked in shock.

"Elise? Oh my God, it's been so long," Pete said, hugging me. He picked me up and swung me around before setting me down again. I did know this guy. He was one of my best friends before I had left for France. I didn't even think to ask him to pick me up. Probably because I left so suddenly and it hurt him so much when I did leave for France.

"I think they already know each other," the one called Patrick said. He was wearing a hat, pulled low over his long hair. I have to say, I was attracted to him at first sight. He hadn't said anything until we had come apart from our embrace.

"We have so much to talk about," I said softly to Pete, smiling. It seemed that this day was getting progressively better as it went along.

"You bet we do, girl. So we better hurry up and eat so that we can get away from these freaks and have a real conversation," he whispered back with a smile. I was so happy that I'd found my friend from so long ago.
Sign up to rate and review this story