Categories > Anime/Manga > Eyeshield 21 > Sayonara : A promise

Sayonara : A promise

by kai_isolated 0 reviews

Christmas Bowl has ended and someone is saying goodbye to a certain someone.

Category: Eyeshield 21 - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hiruma, Mamori - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-30 - Updated: 2006-11-30 - 1316 words

-1Illiterate
Disclaimer: I do not own Eyeshield 21 or what so ever. (I do wish I own Hiruma, though)

################################################################

The Christmas Bowl had ended and someone's saying goodbye?!

I've edited, since I sensed like there's something wrong. TQ!


"Sayonara - A Promise"

Chapter 1 - As it Began to Snow


Hiruma Yoichi, a.k.a The Spawn of Devil (or maybe Satan himself), as anyone who had fallen in his hands may have known, had been the one tormenting Deimon High School. Those pair of elf ears and abnormally sharp piercing teeth contributes to his devilish manner. He had favour in firearms, using them as his weapon of choice in his dark deeds, and having a talent of taking out any of that machinery anywhere, anytime. And last but not least, not to forget his scary 'little black book' that he shifts safely in his pocket.

Even for Anezaki Mamori, she always thought Hiruma as 'trouble'. Even the disciplinary committee can't do anything about his dark, raging empire. He is no ordinary man. He's a devil. So when Sena 'willingly' entered the America Football Club, she decided to take action... And she ended up joining the team. Without knowing it, she fell for Hiruma's trap, but somehow it works sort of like mutualism, since both party got advantage of the situation. She got to take care of Sena, and he got her working for him. End of story.

And after a while she joined the club, she began to know his true colour. He tried hard to shadow himself, but to her he's revealing himself even more. He's exposing his inner feelings to her even when he tries not to. How he burden everything on his shoulders, how he dare not to trust anyone, how he really felt deeply under that devilish appearance, how he bared everything alone... she saw through them all.

And that devil mask starts to crack and break, piece by piece, falling into her hands

And on the day after everything ends, she happened to know more of him.


************************************

The fall tournament has ended. The winner of Christmas Bowl had emerged. And it is the end of the year of their last playoff for the fall tournament in history of high school for the 3 founder of Devil Bats. The long wait and hardship was worth it. Even Hiruma have to admit, it was the greatest memory of their life. It's where the promise of three people came to a closure.

It was on the rooftops of Deimon High School building that she found him, staring towards the sky, eyes half-open, with his face showing his usual cold, devil look. There was sign of snowing soon. The cloud was crumbling together, shoving off the sun. The wind too decided to play a role in the act. It danced blissfully in the air. It was a cool, quiet day.

Like always, he had his hand is in his trousers pockets. The edges of his dark long jacket blew along following the flow of the wind. Some strands of his spiky blonde hair also seemed to follow the rhythm. Ignoring the approaching Mamori, he continued to stare towards the sky, or maybe towards the future.

It was weird to find him here, as he always hangs out in the clubhouse, or out somewhere finding a new prey. Yet, it's even weirder to find him staring blankly at the sky, instead of staring in front of the screen of his VAIO laptop. Glancing downwards, she could see the members of the club started to gather around at the clubhouse. She happened to see Sena and Monta, arriving after Kurita and Komusubi. Both brought handful of bags filled with junk foods and soft drinks.

It has ended for Hiruma, Kurita and Musashi. And even Yukimitsu too. According to Deimon High School rules, there will be no participation in extra curricular activities for the 3rd years after summer. Though they can still play for the spring tournament next year, what matters to them is the Christmas Bowl. And their last shot at it has ended. Along with the rest of others, she too doesn't want this to end.

But then everything that begun has to come to an end.

Only that she thought it's not yet the time

"Hiruma-kun..."

There were 2 or 3 seconds of silence until Hiruma brought his vision downwards, and then turned his head slightly, looking at her from the corner of his sharp eyes.

"I was wondering...." She began, but seemed to be lost in her own words.

He did not speak nor moved

"Umm... I was wondering why you haven't negotiated with the principal about the rule of playing sports in 3rd year..."

Hiruma's eyes seemed to widened a bit, and then there was his devilish grin on his face

"Hah! Did I happen to hear you asking me to blackmail the damn principal?! That was extraordinary!" his grin getting wider, showing his pointy teeth.

Mamori can feel her face getting red. "Wha... what?! I didn't ask you to blackmail him! I said N.E.G.O.T.I.A.T.E!" She could feel herself raising her voice.

Usually the battle between the mop and the machine gun might happen right about now, but since she doesn't have a mop or broom nearby... and he didn't seemed to be holding his machine gun, so there was no fight.

He's not holding a gun?

There she sees another weird incident - Hiruma without his firearms,

But then he may have hidden them somewhere, since he can pull anything out of anything.

She was about to continue babbling, when she saw his grin again.

No. It was a smile.

Okay, this IS a shocking experience as the devil himself had only managed to produce a grin before, the only thing he can do that is quite close to a warm smile. (Excluding the time when he tried to trick Sena and Monta into shaking hands with him during the School Annual Festival)

Anyway, that suspicious smile could be him planning an evil scheme. Since he had nothing else to do, maybe he could conquer the world? Yeah, right.

Somehow, through her eyes right now, she did not see the blackmailing devil but all she saw was an ordinary boy - a boy that had gone through a harsh battle, and survived. A smile appeared on her face. The mask has fallen off completely and the ordinary Hiruma Yoichi is standing in front of her, lost in thought. She was going to left him with his thought when he called her.

"Hey, damn manager"

As a sign of reflex, she quickly turned her back, filled with annoyance due to that nickname. She was about to open her mouth to say 'stop calling me that!' when she saw his face.

She stood still as those pair of deep green eyes stared directly into her eyes. His face was serious, the warm smile that she saw moments ago was gone and it looked as if he was sad at the same time. The mix-combination of emotions made it hard to tell which one is which. There was a short pause, but yet he didn't look away, and remained that meaningful stare on her.

"I'm leaving."

Then at that moment, it began to snow.

*************************************


Author's note:

This is the 1st time I'm writing a fanfic, since I'm used drawing them... he he! Hope you like it!

Since I'm living in a country that doesn't snow, I can't describe quite well how it is when it's about to snow.

Okay, I didn't state who won the Christmas Bowl, since I don't know. So it sounded like devil bats won, but not. (Okay, even I'm confused)

Anyway, thank you for reading! Pls review!
This story i originally post it at www.fanfiction.net so those wish to see the updates can go here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3258005/1/
Sign up to rate and review this story