Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

Calm Before The Storm

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 4 reviews

Yeah yeah Patrick and Bree finally together!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 932 words

2Exciting
Pulling into Bree's driveway Patrick walked round to Bree and opened the car door for her taking her hand in the process.

"You're a dork, you do know that?!" she joked cocking her eyebrow at him.

"A dork me? Never!" he replied pretending to be offended.

He walked her to the door unsure what to do or say next.

"So..." she started.

"If you want I could stay the night, not that anything will happen or anything just you mom , and I don't think you should be alone-" he babbled nervously.

"Patrick calm down... I was just about to ask you if you wanted to stay over night and we can watch a movie and order pizza.."

"Sounds great!" he replied with a goofy smile.

"OK" she said turning to him as they entered the hall.
"You have a choice: My bedroom floor or the couch"

"I think I'll take the couch" he laughed.

Bree announced she was going to take a shower before heading upstairs. Patrick took off his jacket and hung it on the coat rack attached to the wall. He noticed a family portrait hanging beside it. A thirteen year old Bree smiled at him from the picture frame sitting beside her mom. Her Dad wasn't in the picture. Walking into the kitchen Patrick froze. The kitchen hadn't been cleaned and dried blood covered the floor. Patrick didn't even notice the tears that had started to fall. Bree must have forgot he thought. He didn't want her to have to see this she felt guilty enough already. He grabbed the mop that was propped up against the door and cleaned everything up still crying. By the time he had stopped he was finished going to the fridge he found an egg, some flat coke and a bottle of vodka. Flat coke sounds good he thought. Closing it he saw the calendar taped up to it. "Bree's Birthday" for the 21st of June which was two weeks away. That would make her 17, her being 4 months younger than him. Funny she never mentioned it he thought but then again she never mentions a lot of things he added to himself.


Bree got changed into her pj's after her shower and walked across the hall to the bathroom to go look for her blow-dryer. Checking under the sink sure enough she found it right next to her razor. She shuddered picking it up and holding it with the tips of her fingers careful not to cut herself... again. Just holding it brought back bad memories. I'm through with that now she thought throwing it into the trash and feeling better about herself for the first time since forever. She was started to walk back to her room when she stopped as she passed her mom's old room. It all happened so fast she never had time to think about how things would be now. Her mom was never around so she was used to the house being empty but even with Patrick downstairs the house had never felt empty like this. Walking into the room Bree picked up the frame sitting on her mom's bedpost. It was a picture of Bree, her mom and her dad when Bree was 6, the year before they separated. Bree missed that. Things have changed a lot since then she thought sadly but she smiled through her tears when she thought about Patrick and the guys. At least she still had some of the best friends you could ask for if she didn't she'd be alone.


Finally getting round to drying her hair she grabbed a duvet for Patrick and headed downstairs to find him drinking her coke and watching tv.

"Make yourself at home..." she said rolling her eyes and throwing the duvet at him.

"I would but your cokes a bit flat" he retaliated pointing at the now half empty bottle of coke.

"If you don't like it don't drink it"

He shrugged taking another gulp.

"Besides its not my fault" she added "It was mom's turn-" she paused
".. to do the shopping" she finished off in barely more than a whisper.

She hadn't really talked to Patrick about what happened to her mom and she wasn't sure if she wanted to they didn't need to talk about what didn't need to be said.

Patrick waited for her to say something. He hadn't meant to upset her but he supposed it was bound to happen. He motioned for her to take a seat next to him.

"Wait" she said getting back to normal. "You wanna watch a movie?"

"Are you ok?" he asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah sure... we've got Napoleon Dynamite how bout that?"*

"Yeah ok sounds good..." still worried.

Bree put the dvd in and pressed play. Taking a run and jump for the couch and landing with a thud next to Patrick before grabbing the duvet off him and throwing it over the two of them. Resting her head on his shoulder she fell asleep five minutes into the movie.

Waking up just in time for the credits she noticed Patrick had fallen asleep. She was being extra careful not to wake him up when her phone rang.

"Crap,crap,crap" she whispered fishing the phone out of her pocket and running into the next room. It was midnight who the fuck was calling?!


"Hello" she answered in a low voice still trying hard not to wake Patrick up.

"Hey hun" a man's voice replied.

"Dad?"


a/n:* i kno naplion dynamite is a recent movie ... the timeline is a tad fucked up
Sign up to rate and review this story