Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Destiny

Chapter Five

by angellbaby28 1 review

Emily makes a painful decision about her relationship with Ryan

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 1001 words

0Unrated
FIVE

Five months had flown by and Emily and Ryan were still together, and Emily was happier than she had ever been in her life. Her and Spencer were also very close and she considered him her best friend. After what happened with Dan, Emily completely turned her life around and was living on her own with Ryan and Spencer. She had no contact with her former friends, which was just fine. Today, the year that she had been waiting for since her first day of grade ten had finally arrived. They were graduating from high school. She pulled her hair up into a pony tail and quickly put some make up on. There was a knock on her bedroom door.
"Come in!" She called out. The door opened, and Spencer entered the room, holding a bouquet of daisies, which were Emily's favorite flowers. "Aw Spencer, thanks so much!" She hugged her friend.
"Your welcome! I can't believe that we are finally graduating. This is pretty surreal!" Spencer said sadly, noticing that all of Emily's belongings in boxes. "I am so sad that you're leaving tomorrow Em... Toronto is so far away!" He whined, flopping down on the bed. Emily laid down beside him and held her friend's hand.
"I know... but the art school is amazing... it is an opportunity that I have to take. I am going to miss you guys so much. These have been the best five months of my life." Emily said sadly. Just then, Ryan came into the room.
"Guys, we have to leave in twenty minutes..." Ryan said, laying down beside Emily. She started to cry. "Oh sweetie, it's going to be okay. We'll be fine... I love you so much. And you are going to kick Toronto's ass." He assured, dropping a kiss on her forehead.
"I don't know where I would be without you guys. I love you both so much." She whispered, getting off the bed. She slid into her gold graduation gown and sat on the chair by her desk, surrounded by her boxed memories. "I've never be out of Nevada, so I guess this whole school thing will be good..."
"Of course it will be!" Spencer said, resting a hand on her shoulder. "I am going to give you guys a few minutes. Remember, leaving in fifteen minutes." With that, he walked out of the room. Ryan stood up and pulled Emily into a tight embrace.
"I love you Emily." He whispered, handing her a box.
"I love you too Ryan." Emily opened the box to see a beautiful necklace with a heart shaped pendent on it. "This is beautiful... but I can't accept it." Ryan looked a little shocked. "Ryan, like I said, I love you... I love you more than anything in this world, which makes this even more difficult... but I don't think it would be fair to either of us to stay together. I mean, Toronto is so far away." Emily whispered, pushing the box back into his hands. "I am so sorry." She grabbed her purse and ran out of the room. She pushed past Spencer and decided to walk to the school, where the graduation ceremony was being held. She was surprised to see the people that had already gathered. She wiped the tears from her face and walked into the reception area.
"Emily dear! How are you?" Emily turned around to see Mrs. Taylor, her ex-best friend Julie's mother standing behind her. "We miss you around the house!" Emily tried her hardest not to snort or laugh at her remark.
"Thank you. I am sorry that I haven't been around much... I've been busy getting ready for next year." Emily explained. "I am leaving for Toronto tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to art school."
"That's great! Well, Julie is having an after-party at our house after the ceremony. We would love to see you!" Mrs. Taylor exclaimed, hugging her quickly before she disappeared into the crowd. With a huge sigh of relief, Emily grabbed a bottle of water off the table. She jumped a little when she felt some grab her waist. She turned around to see a visibly upset Ryan.
"Emily, I am sorry that you feel that way... I respect your decision though and wish you the best of luck. Please don't be a stranger." Before Emily had a chance to reply, all the graduates and their families were being ushered into the gymnasium so the ceremony could start.

*

"Spence, you really don't have to do this... I can just call a cab!" Emily said as Spencer helped her put her bags in his car.
"Don't be insane Emily! Now get your ass in the car." Emily laughed and did as her friend ordered. She was a little sad that Ryan wouldn't be coming to the airport to see her off, but she could totally understand. She let herself cry as Spencer pulled out of the driveway. She was silent for the entire ride to the airport, her mind racing.
"Spencer, I am going to miss you guys so much... thank you for everything you have done for me over the past few months." Emily sobbed, hugging her best friend. She couldn't believe that this was going to be how it ended. She was finally happy and she was going to leave everything behind. "Can you do me one more favor?" Emily whispered, pulling away from Spencer. He nodded his head yes, wiping a tear from her cheek. "Please take care of Ryan... I didn't want to hurt him, but this is for the best for the both of us right now."
"Of course Emily. That apartment sure isn't going to be the same without you." He said sadly. A voice came over the loud speaker, announcing that Emily's flight was now boarding. "I guess you should probably go..."
"I guess so.... thanks Spencer. I love you." They hugged one last time. Emily walked towards the gate and didn't look back.
Sign up to rate and review this story