Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saint Lily

I Caught Fire

by I_Mean_This 1 review

*

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2006-12-05 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 466 words - Complete

0Unrated
In your eyes
I lost my place
Could Stay Awhile...and I'm melting
In your eyes
Like my first time
That I caught Fire
Just stay with me
Lay with me
Now.

Lily opened her eyes to see Bert hovering over her, singing softly, a smile on his face,
"Rise and shine." he said, grinning. Lily opened her eyes wider and yawned, grumbling under her breath,
"What?" she said, hands over eyes.
"It's time for the meeting....you're late."
Lily groaned and sat up in her bunk.
She ran her fingers over her hair and sighed, looking up at Bert, who stood there, arms crossed over his chest.
"Did you volunteer to wake me up, or something?" she laughed sleepily, hands over her eyes.
"Yep. I ran back here to wake you from your slumber." he said, extending his hand to help her out of bed.
Lily politely declined and stood up, stretching with a yawn. She slipped on her fuzzy leopard-print slippers and scuffled into the main hall, scratching her head, Bert behind her. She was in her pajama pants, adorned with dancing care-bears, and a plain black a-shirt. As she entered the area Brian smiled, "Ah, Lily, you decided to join us".
Lily grinned sleepily, and took a seat sandwiched between Adam and the wall. She reached over him for the designated couch-blanket and wrapped it around herself. She caught Gerard's eye. He smiled at her and shook his head, motioning to his own hair. Lily smiled and yawned, taking a moment to ruffle her hair even more.
After the meeting, as the bands filed out of her bus, she grabbed a coffee mug out of the cabinet. As she held the coffee pot in hand, Gerard approached her. As they socialized in front of the min-fridge, Bert watched them from the couch. He saw the way Lily held her coffee cup in her pale, smooth hands...the small fingers with short, trimmed, clean nails. He saw the way she looked up at Gerard...the way he looked down at her..the smiles on their faces as they exchanged words about lattes and mochas. It made him feel sick, slightly jealous...but he felt alright. He knew he had something special with Lily. A bond, a friendship. A..sort of companionship he had never known in anyone else besides his bandmates. And as he sat there, watching Lily smile shyly and stare at her hands...at the half empty coffee mug between them, he decided he wanted nothing more than for her to be happy. And if it was with Gerard, then so be it. She had never shown any interest in him...never sent him any signals..nothing. He was merely 'Bert'. And he wasn't sure if he could be ok with that..
Sign up to rate and review this story