Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Familiar Stranger

Those Blue Eyes

by toonyweeny 4 reviews

"He's a familiar stranger. I really don't know him, yet something in me does. Just looking at him fills me up with a weird sensation, something warm. Like, a warm glow and it makes me feel so real....

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Published: 2006-12-05 - Updated: 2006-12-06 - 623 words

1Original
A/N Eh... this is short too... sorry about that... well, I hope you enjoy this story!

I was falling, falling into that black pit. Will I ever stop falling? I have no wish to be falling for forever. I closed my eyes...

And landed on something soft and comfortable. Slowly, I opened my eyes. I was in a tiny room with a funny machine beside me. The walls were painted white and looked strangely menacing. I was on a bed with white sheets. There was a weight on my right. Oh, it's not a weight. It's a head. A head with purple stuff sprouting from it. There must be a word for that purple stuff. It looks like hair, but who on earth has purple hair?

A name came into my head. Just as I was about to get that name, it vanished. Odd.

I pushed myself up. This movement woke up the head beside me. For a while, I was staring at two blue half-opened orbs. I stared into his eyes for a while, and then he snapped, startling me.

"Atlanta! You're awake! I-I, I don't know what to say! How are you feeling? Can you still count to ten? How many fingers am I holding up?" He held up three fingers.

I blinked. Did he call me Atlanta? Was that my name? "Erm, I'm fine, apart from a slight headache, yes, I can count to ten, and you're holding up three fingers. Now I have a few questions. First, who are you? Who am I? Where am I? Why can't I remember anything?"

His eager beaver expression vanished, to be replaced with a look of pure anxiety.

"You... you don't know who I am?"

I shook my head.

"And you don't know who you are?"

Another shake of my head.

He stared, wide-eyed for a while. He spoke again, in a whisper at first, but slowly became a yell which added to my headache. He spoke just one word: doctor.

The doctor came with more funny instruments. He checked my vitals and my eyesight. He then proceeded to ask me a few questions.

"Now, young lady. Could you tell me your name?"

My name? No, I could not tell him my name.

"Do you know who that young man outside is?

"He's a familiar stranger. I really don't know him, yet something in me does. Just looking at him fills me up with a weird sensation, something warm. Like, a warm glow and it makes me feel so real. Yet, it hurts so much to be so near him, as if he betrayed me or something," I heard myself saying.

The doctor looked at me with the oh-I-understand-how-you-feel-but-I'm-not-going-to-tell-you-what-you-feel sort of look. A smile played on his lips.

"I see. You will be pleased to know that you may be discharged tomorrow."

I nodded," Thank you, doctor."

That young man was looking at me with a weird expression. A cross between worry, pain, anger, fear and, could it be? Yes, it was there. Love.

So does he love me? Who on earth is he? Is he my brother? Or my cousin? Or maybe, just maybe, my boyfriend? If so, why does it hurt so much to look at him? Did I love him? Did he cheat on me?

These questions chased each other around in my head until, at last, exhausted, my head fell back onto that thick, fluffy pillow and I let the comfort of the night lead me on to a place called Dreamland.

Yet those blue eyes still wouldn't leave me.

A/N Oh well... I think that that was horrible. I think that I could have done better. Read and review?

Oh well. Till the next chapter!
Sign up to rate and review this story