Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Return of the Lost Son

Boss Frog's End

by EC1231 0 reviews

The tide has turned in favor of the Kyuubi, but can he finish the frog boss himself?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Yondaime - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-12-06 - Updated: 2006-12-07 - 747 words

0Predictable
The pain of Gamabunta's kodachi was searing; it felt like hot coals under his skin. Healing powers or none, this was a serious wound that required the Kyuubi's immediate attention. So the demon fox sat up on its haunches keeping the frog boss and his summoner in its sight. An orange aura, similar to the one that surrounded Kenichi earlier in the night but heavier, formed around the seated fox. Yondaime could feel the demon's chakra pressing down on him like a heavy weight and it was then that he realized just how powerful the fox had become. This was the first time in a long while that Yondaime felt that he might not be up to the task of defending Konoha against this monster. He quickly pushed back his doubts and waited for the demon fox to make his move, but it continued to sit with the fiery aura whipping about it and stare at them.

"I don't like playing the waiting game Arashi," Gamabunta called up to Yondaime, "The best defense is a good offense!" With that the massive frog took the air once again. "Water Release: Water Bullet jutsu!" he called out and shot a massive ball of water at the demon fox.

The Kyuubi remained in place, watching the frog and his jutsu. When the Water Bullet was about to hit, the fox swung one of its tails and smacked the ball down showering the area with short rainfall. Unfazed by this, Gamabunta shot 3 more Water Bullets at frog, but each one was batted away by its tails and leaving the surrounding area soaked through.

The Kyuubi laughed at the flustered frog and taunted him: "Is that the best you can do frog boss? I might as well kill you now, so that you don't waste anymore of my time."

Once again, Gamabunta felt a rumble under his feet. His first reaction was to check on the Kyuubi, but it remained where it had been since it started to heal itself. So if the Kyuubi was there, what was disturbing the ground beneath his feet? The answer came in the form of 3 red spikes shooting out of the ground. If Gamabunta had been a second slower, he would have been impaled by the quick-rising barbs. As soon as Gamabunta landed, a new set of spikes rose from the ground, just missing his webbed feet. Yondaime warned him of a third set spikes waiting for them at their new landing spot. Gamabunta had no choice: "Water Release: Water Spout jutsu." A stream of water gushed out of the massive frog's mouth and upon contact with the ground, thrust them back away from the waiting spikes.

Once Gamabunta had safely landed away from the spikes, all 9 of them retreated back into the earth and moments later, the tails of the fox were waving in the air again, although slightly muddier than before. The fox wasn't done yet. The tails that were waving behind him suddenly blast forward like red-tipped arrows. Their speed was unreal but Gamabunta managed to dodge some with his deceptive agility, and those he could not dodge, he parried away with his kodachi. It was like one man fighting 9 shinobi because as soon as he avoided one, another was coming at him from a different direction.

Finally, one of the tails broke through Gamabunta's defense and smacked him across the leg. The bruised leg buckled under the combined force of the blow and the weight of the massive frog, leaving him on one knee, still trying to fight off the Kyuubi's other tails. It was a hopeless affair for the frog boss because with his mobility limited, it was only a matter time before the inevitable happened. Soon another tail broke through, this time cracking Gamabunta across the arm that held the kodachi. The massive sword fell to the ground, blade first, and sent massive shockwaves out. Try as he might, he could not last against the continuous onslaught, and one by one, each of the tails made it through his defense, clubbing and smacking the frog boss until he was a beaten mass on the floor.

As a final move, the Kyuubi reared his tails over the fallen frog, like a harem snakes surrounding their prey, and in a synchronized strike, it plunged all 9 tails through Gamabunta, ending their fight. The demon fox smiled to itself and licked its black tongue over lips, savoring the flavor of death in the air.
Sign up to rate and review this story