Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 64 Seven Days and Counting- To The End

by Reign_Madden 2 reviews

Please r&r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-12-07 - Updated: 2006-12-07 - 4835 words

0Unrated
Monday
8.00am Tour bus

Gerard's p.o.v

I wake up with that familiar craving in my body, alcohol. I ease myself out of bed quietly heading for the bathroom. I close the door quietly behind me and go about relieving myself. I flush the toilet and as the water flushes away, I crouch down and feel around till my hand clasps the familiar shape of my vodka bottle.
I quickly unscrew the cap and take a deep gulp, feeling an adrenaline rush as my heart pumps quicker knowing what I'm was doing is sneaky. I take another gulp before stashing the bottle back behind the toilet and rinsing my hands and mouth.
I close the bathroom door on my way out and crawl back into my warm bed.
'What were you doing?' Mikey's voice brakes through Bob's snores and Frankie's deep breathing.
'Nothing' I say quickly feeling my heart rate quicken.
'So why do sound guilty?' Mikey asks through a yawn.
'I'm not guilty, what's your problem? I snap turning over and pulling the covers over my head thinking that would end the conversation.
'I don't have a problem' Mikey states 'and I hope you don't either'


Tuesday
Normal p.o.v

The last two days flew by and Benji was so excited that you were moving back in he hadn't stopped planning. He ordered a new four-poster bed to be delivered and assembled in their house in LA before the end of the week. Not only that but he was planning to refurnish his en-suite bathroom, so it had his and her sinks and a bigger bath and shower.
You tried so hard to get hold of Gerard and the guys in the last two days but it seemed impossible and time was running out.
As usual you confided in Joel who as expected didn't find the situation at all amusing.

Flash back
Sunday Morning

You waited till you heard Benji lock the bathroom door before running into the twin's room, and kneeling beside Joel's bed.
'Psst Joel' you said shaking him awake. 'Joel I have a secret.'
'Go away I don't wanna know it' he mumbled from under his quilt
'Please I need help' you whined shoving your head under the duvet.
'What is it?' he said coming up.
'Ok so...I err told Benji a little white lie, just a small one.' You muttered from under the covers.
'What was it?' he says pushing your head out with his hands.
'Nothing big really, I just told him that I told Frankie that I was moving to LA and not going to Jersey but really I didn't.' you explained innocently
'YOU WHAT?' Joel shouted sitting up
'Shut up' you hissed clamping your hand over his mouth.
'Oh you're a liar Reign Mercer' he said removing your hand.
'I know and I've been trying so hard to get in touch with Frankie to tell him the truth but none of them are answering their phones.' You told him.
'Why do you make things so difficult?' he sighed
'I dunno.' You pouted
'You kill me sometimes you know that.' He said looking down at you.
'So you'll help me?' you asked looking hopeful.
'What! No way, I'm not getting involved.' He said folding his arms across his chest.
'You're already involved, you know my secret' you retorted grinning slyly
'I hate you.' He stated falling quiet.
'You don't really?' you replied.
'Right all we need to do is tell the others your moving to LA, all the while making sure that Benji doesn't find out that you lied.' He said after a while.
'Yep sounds simple enough' you said brightly.
'Yeah simple' Joel replied rolling his eyes 'When I wake up I'll give their tour manager a call and see if he can get a message to them.'
'Thank you Joel' you cried hugging him. 'You're the bestest friend ever'
'Fuck off Reign' he said shuffling back under the covers
'Sir yes Sir' you said backing off and leaving the room.

Present
12.00

So here you were Tuesday afternoon pacing the hallway trying in vain to get hold of Gerard. As promised Joel called the tour manager who said he's tell them to call you and they still hadn't.
'What are you doing out here?' Benji asks resting against the doorframe.
'Nothing' you sigh hanging up and walking over to him, resting your head on his chest.
'You okay baby? You seem really distracted lately.' He says running his fingers through your hair.
'I'm just a little overwhelmed that all.' You reply
'Well that's understandable.' He says walking you into the living room. 'But I know that's not all that's on your mind. What else is bothering you?'
'You.' You flirt falling onto the sofa, pulling him on top of you. 'Your on my mind'
'As much as I like hearing that whilst having you sprawled out beneath me, I'm not buying it' he says climbing off you. 'I know something's bothering you and for some reason your not ready to tell me what it is, so when you are ready I'll be right here.'
'Thank you baby but honestly there's nothing wrong.' You lie snuggling close to him.
'Well like I said...'
'You're here if I need you.' You finish for him.

Benji's p.o.v
12.30

Joel and Reign had just taken Ca$h for his walk. I knock quietly on my Mom's bedroom door before walking in.
'Hey ma' I say laying at the foot of her bed
'What can I do for you Benji?' she asks closing the book she was reading.
'I need some motherly input.' I say turning over onto my back.
'I'm listening.' she says sitting up and smiling.
'Do you think I'm rushing Reign into moving to LA?' I ask quickly
'No I don't think so.' My mom answered unsurely 'is something wrong?'
'I...I don't know, she seems really distant lately, I'm beginning to think I'm rushing things.'
'I don't think you are, have you asked her what's wrong?' Mom asks
'Of course I have but she says there isn't anything wrong, but I know there is she's just reluctant to tell me.' I explain.
'Well then let her be Benjamin, when she is ready she'll tell you, it could be nothing like she says.' Mom reassures me.
'There was something else I wanted to ask you.' I say sitting up.

Later that evening-19.00
Normal p.o.v

You listened to Gerard answer machine message again, by now you've left each of them a message asking them to call you or Joel as soon as possible.
'No luck huh.' Joel says joining you at the kitchen table.
'Do you think something has happened to them?' you ask
'No I don't think so I just think they're having a really good time and haven't had a chance to call you back.' he answers
'Maybe they already know, maybe Benji told them and now they're not talking to me.' You say
'I doubt that. Maybe instead of trying to get hold of Gerard, you should just tell Benji the truth.' he says logically
'I can't he'd be really mad at me.' you reply
'Well it's up to you London, I'm just suggesting that's all.' Joel says
'Maybe we can get through to them through Tony, would you try for me' you ask him.
'Sure I'll give it a shot' he says
'Thank you' you say smiling 'I'm going to try and call them again.'
Once Joel's left you dial Gerard's number and it goes straight to his voice mail. You quickly dial Frankie's number and to your relief and frustration it's engaged.

*

Tour bus
Frankie's p.o.v

I turned my cell on it had been off since I forgot to charge it. I waited for it to charge a while, before it displayed my messages. I had quite a few text messages and voice mails. Just as I was scrolling through my contact list to call Maria my cell rang making me jump.
'Hey Benji' I answer
'Hey man, how's it going?' he asks
'Good man, what's up?'
'I wanted to ask you something?' Benji says
After I got off the phone to Benji I joined the others in the living area.
'Who were you on the phone to?' Ray asks
'Ah just Benji, he wanted to invite us to dinner at his Mom's house, Friday night.' I tell them.
'Sounds good to me.' Bob says 'We can have dinner, meet their famous Mom and pick up Reign all at the same time.'
'Yay three birds with one stone' Mikey adds 'now that's skill.'
'What do you think Gerard?' I ask noticing his lack of input
'Yee haa I'm down for whatever' he responds with a sloppy grin on his face.
'Riigghhtt. Are you ok?' I ask Gerard
'Yep I'm great, roll on Friday and lets kill those birds' he says laughing.
'Is that why Reign called us we all got a voicemail from her?' Ray says
'Probably, I wouldn't bother calling her back.' I say honestly.

Wednesday
8.00am Tour bus
Gerard's p.o.v

I was nursing a really bad hangover. After everyone fell asleep I drank the rest of the vodka before going out to the store and purchasing another bottle.
I checked my messages, but there weren't any worth returning even the one from Reign didn't seem important right now.
I walked into the kitchen section of the bus and greedily gulped two glasses of water, revitalising my dehydrated body. I clean the coffee maker and started to brew a fresh pot.
I looked at the clock and to my surprise it was only 8.00am, why on God's green earth was I up so early?
I jumped slightly as my cell phone rang. Who in their right mind would call me so early?
'Hello' I answer gruffly
'Gerard is that you' a voice whispers down the line
'Yeah it's me' I whisper back not knowing why.
'Oh good I have to tell you something?'

I get off the phone and my head was reeling, I walk into the bathroom past my snoring band mates. I close the bathroom door behind me.
This was unbelievable, I grab the bottle of alcohol, unscrew it and put it too my lips. I pause a second before lowering the bottle. I look at the clear liquid slapping the inside of the bottle, I sigh deeply before pouring the contents of the bottle down the sink. I screw the lid back on and turn around.
'Jesus Christ' I say stepping backwards 'You scared me Mikey'
'Sorry' he says 'you finished that bottle quickly'
'I didn't drink it' I say proudly 'I wasted it'
'You did?' He says his eyes lighting up behind his glasses
'Yeah because I realise I don't need it anymore.'
'That's good man, I was scared for you.' he admits.
'Don't worry about me I've got everything under control.' I say patting his back 'By the way I have some news about Reign.'

*

Waldorf
Normal p.o.v

You decide to bite the bullet and tell Benji the truth, how mad could he be?
You were dreading it a little but to tell the honest truth it really isn't that much of a big deal. What made it worse was that you built up the confidence to confront him and he wasn't home, you woke up and both him and Joel were gone as was Robin.
Josh and Sarah were still sound asleep in their beds upstairs.
Just then Benji and Robin came through the kitchen door laughing and talking.
'There's the love of my life' Benji says greeting you with a kiss
'Hello sweetheart' Robin says taking her jacket off.
'Morning' you reply feeling the confidence draining away. 'Where have you been?'
'Shopping' Robin says grinning from ear to ear 'and we have a surprise for you'
'Ohh really?' you say rubbing your palms together 'What is it?' you say opening a bag. Robin raps the back of your hand and you quickly close the bag you were looking through.
'It's a surprise' she says taking the bags and leaving.
Left alone with Benji you decide you can put if off telling him for another couple of hours.

Benji's p.o.v

I feel Reign's body against my back and I turn around embracing her.
'So lover what's this surprise?' she asks kissing my neck and stroking my arms.
'Not telling it's a secret.' I say ignoring her soft lips on my collarbone.
'Will I like the surprise?' she asks realising her plan of seducing me isn't working.
'I hope so I put a lot of effort into it.' I answer.
'Well then I'm sure I'll love it' she says kissing me affectionately.

*
Later that afternoon
Gerard's p.o.v

I told the guys about the phone call and they had mixed feelings about it, as would most people.
We were seated around the bus waiting for Brian he called and said he had some news to tell us good and bad news. Since we had two day left we were...I was dreading what the news could be.
We heard footsteps on the stairs and the door opened to reveal our tour manager
'Hey guys' he said closing the door behind him
We all greeted him back waiting anxiously for the news.
'Well as you know there are two days left to the tour, however due to unforeseen circumstances the last two venues had to cancel, which means that after today the tour ends and all acts including you are to head home.' He finishes looking at us expectedly.
'No fucking way' Bob shouts clapping his hands 'I mean I love the fans but I'm so ready to head home.'
'This is unexpected' Ray says 'We get to go home two days early.'
'Yep' Brian says
'Awesome' Mikey says 'I'm happy.'
'Tonight's our last show' I say feeling sad that the tour was ending so abruptly
'So we'll just have to play three times as hard tonight to make up for the last two venues we won't be playing.' Frankie says.

Later that night I called Benji and told him about the tour cancellation, he told us that we should come down for Thursday instead of Friday since we had the time.

Thursday
9.00am

You threw yourself into the task of finding out what your surprise was. But both Benji and Robin were staying tight lipped. You tried to tell Benji about your lie repeatedly but for some reason he was either too busy or talking to Robin. You jump out of bed pulling on your grey pyjama bottoms and t-shirt from the day before. You march into the twin's room determined to tell Benji the truth not caring about the repercussions. You fling open the door to find Benji up and getting dressed.

Benji's p.o.v

'Ever heard of knocking baby' I whisper
'Sorry I really need to tell you something.' She says quietly trying not to wake Joel
'Right now?' I ask looking at my watch
'Yes right now' she replies sitting down
'Baby I can't I'm on my way out' I tell her pulling my t-shirt over my head.
'But I really need to talk to you.' she persists
'You can, just not now, later ok' I say stepping onto my trainers.
'You said if I needed to talk you'd be here.' She quotes from the conversation we had yesterday.
'I am here baby, really I am, it's just I gotta be somewhere right now.' I reply desperately, really didn't want to be late.
'Where are you going?' she asks
'No where, I'll be back later' I say leaving. She follows me down the stairs into the kitchen.
'Where are you going?' she asks again, I can tell the lack of information is frustrating her.
'Like I said I'll be back later' I reply kissing her and disappearing through the kitchen door.

Normal p.o.v

You run to the hallway and grab your sneakers pulling them roughly onto your bare feet. You grab a jacket and Joel's car keys and head for his car. Just as you get in you see Benji take a left at the top of the road. You start the engine and pull out the drive, strapping your seatbelt across you as you follow Benji.
You've never followed him before but for some reason, you felt like you should.

You drive at least two cars behind Benji for the entire journey before you end up at the mall. You quickly park the car two rows behind his making sure you have full view. You cut the engine and jump out making sure he doesn't spot you.
You crouch down moving quickly from car to car ignoring the strange glances from passers by.
Once in the mall you keep your eyes firmly on that back of his head while you meander through the crowds of shoppers and loiterers. He wanders aimlessly from store to store browsing at some of the clothes that catch his eye. My God he really was sexy. You notice some of the girls in the mall watching him, your not sure if that's cause he incredibly sexy or if it's because they recognise him.
You look up quickly and to your horror you've lost him, chastising yourself under your breath you catch sight of him on the escalator ascending to the second story. You cautiously follow him, standing still letting the escalator carry you to the next floor. Oh Shit! You turn around scrambling back down the escalator as it continues to go up. Why the hell was he just standing by the escalator? Good thing he didn't see you. You run down the stairs not sure if your actually getting anywhere. 'Excuse me please' you cry, ignoring the tuts and groans of the shoppers as you push past them attempting to reach the ground bellow. You finally make it to the firm unmoving ground and relief shoots through you, you don't stop though you run like hell and hide behind a pillar.

*
Joel's p.o.v

I got up and decided to take Ca$h for his walk since Benji and Reign hadn't bothered.
I walk in the hallway to find not only had my jacket been taken but so had my car keys and one of my trainers. I take the stairs two at a time telling myself that I have a chat with Reign about taking my stuff without asking. As for my trainer I knew Ca$h took it and I knew I'd probably never see it again.

*

Normal p.o.v

You burst out laughing to yourself, all the while catching your breath.
'That was close' you whisper to yourself. You catch sight of yourself in the reflection of a store window. Your hair is blatantly uncombed, your wearing grey pyjama bottoms a red t-shirt that obviously doesn't co-ordinate with the pants at all, an oversized black hoody and to make the ensemble even worse your wearing miss- matched trainers one was Joel's.
You groan at yourself but mostly at your ridiculous outfit.
You leave the safety of your pillar and hunt for Benji. After about twenty minutes of searching you find him at the food court sipping on a coffee or something. You stand there watching him from afar before you decide this is really ridiculous, you turn to leave and then someone catches your eye, it takes you a second to register the familiar features, the hair, the body, the confidence.
'Alyssa' you cry in recognition. What the hell? You watch her walk over to Benji and greet him with a firm kiss on the cheek. You close your eyes hoping she wouldn't be there when you open them but she is, she's seated next to your boyfriend smiling and flipping her perfect hair. You clench your fist tightly as your blood boils and adrenaline pumps furiously through your veins.
'Ok calm down it's alright, just breathe' you say to yourself.
'I'm sorry were you talking to me' an elderly lady asks smiling which only wrinkled her features even more.
'No I wasn't' you reply feeling the anger melting away slightly. With one last glance at Benji and Alyssa you turn away defeated and suddenly very tired. You don't remember making it to the car but before you know it you're driving back the way you came.
You drive automatically your mind elsewhere as you indicate and switch the gears in aid of getting back home. You didn't realise it but tears were falling down your cheeks and blurring your vision. You make a pit stop to the local store buying milk, cookies and for some strange reason gum, if anyone asked why you were out the grocery bag will cover you, plus you needed to fix your face

*
Joel's p.o.v

Just as I was returning with Ca$h Reign pulled into the driveway.
'Hey Reign, steal much' I greet her opening the drivers door
'Oh I'm sorry... I had to...stuff' she says holding the bag up.
'Jeez what happened to you?' I ask seeing her outfit and my trainer. 'Hey that's mine' I cry pointing to her left foot.
'Oh yeah, my bad' she says trance like 'I stole your shoe' she says kicking the shoe off, handing me the keys and limping into the house.
I pick up my lone trainer and follow her pressing the alarm on the car keys automatically locking it.
'I'm going to bed' she says when I enter the kitchen 'I really don't want to be disturbed can you tell the others.'
'Yeah' I say nodding slightly unnerved by her weird behaviour.
What was really weird was her lack of affection for Ca$h, he raced in front of her barking and waggling his tail and she walked right past him.

Benji's p.o.v

I felt really bad sneaking behind Reign's back like that, I'd make up for it when I get home. What made me really guilty was she was trying to talk to me about whatever had been bothering her all week and I didn't have time to listen. When I got back Joel told me Reign was asleep.
'She was acting really odd' Joel mentions.
'Odd? What do you mean?' I ask
'I don't know, she was in a daze or something'
'Don't pay no mind she tried to tell me something today but I was on my way out so she's probably mad at me.' I say
'Wait she tried to tell you something.' He says
'Yeah.'
'You should've listened Benj' He says sighing
'Joel do you know something that I don't?' I ask
'No...I don't know anything...ever' he says dumbly
'Uh huh, sure you don't' I say sceptically eyeing my twin.

Joel's p.o.v

I leave Benji in the kitchen heading for my room dialling Mikey's number as I go. Reign tried to tell Benji and the moron didn't listen. I listened to Mikey's answer machine message before hanging up. That's why Reign was acting so strange this whole thing must be weighing her down.

*

On the road

Gerard's p.o.v

We were driving towards Washington I guessed we were about halfway there. I told Benji we'd arrive around sevenish. We spent last night in a hotel, it felt so good sleeping in a bed, it made we wanna go home even more.
I could tell tonight would be fun, I couldn't wait to see Doll Face again I know it had been only been a week, but when you're used to having someone around 24/7 when they're gone you miss the a lot, I wonder what it would be like not having Mikey around, I imagined it would be even worse.

*

Waldolf 18.00

Normal p.o.v

You'd been in bed all day drifting in and out of sleep. You knew it was late but you didn't care. You take a deep breath holding back the tears that were welling in your eyes as your thoughts returned to Benji.
You hear the door open and you sit up as Benji walks in. Ok calm down girl don't get worked up, just breathe.
'Hey baby' he says sitting next to you. 'Are you ok, you've been sleeping all day'
I'm fine you cheating wanker.
'I'm fine' you say quietly 'just really tired that's all.'
'You got us all worried you know, especially me.' he says touching his hand to your forehead checking your temperature.
You weren't worried when you were fucking Alyssa in the mall were you. He wouldn't be fucking her in the mall genius. Who side are you on? Your side sorry.
'Reign' Benji says snapping you out of your mental battle
'Yeah' you say quickly
'If this is about earlier I'm really sorry, I really had to be somewhere.' He says looking apologetic
'You never did say where you were going' you reply
'Oh I went to the mall and did some shopping'
'Is that it?' you question
'I'll have you know shopping is very tiring'
Especially if your fucking Alyssa at the same time. We just went through this they wouldn't fuck in the mall. Maybe they went to a motel. Well done that's a good thought to process.
'Earth to Reign' Benji calls cupping his hands over his mouth.
'Yes Benji' you snap
'Why don't you have a shower then come down and join the family'
'Ok I will' you say
He leans forward and kisses your lips gently.
'See you down stairs' he says walking out.
'As if.' You say wiping his kiss off your lips. You grab your duffle and throw your things inside. You were so out of there, you'd leave now getting as far away as possible and you'd leave a message for Gerard so he knows were to find you. There was no way you were staying another night with Benji cheating bastard Madden.
You take a deep breath steadying your shaking body. You kick the duffle under Sarah's bed and make your way to the bathroom for a quick shower. As far as Benji was concerned you were as good as gone.

Benji's p.o.v

'So how is she?' Joel asks
'She seemed okay to me.' I reply
'Maybe she's having you know a girlie day' Paul says. He and Billy had arrived about an hour ago for dinner.
'Maybe but even on a girlie days she's not like this' I say
'Oh maybe she's pregnant' Sarah muses
'She's not pregnant' I say 'It's something else.'
'I'm sure she'll tell us when she's ready' Joel says.
Mikey and the others would arrive soon and I hope they'll snap Reign out of her mood, if that didn't work then I don't know what would.

*

Gerard's p.o.v

'Food food food' Frankie sings 'Munch Munch Munch. Foooooooooooooooooooood'
'Shut up Frankie.' Mikey says
'No you shut up' Frankie shoots back childishly
'No you shut up' Mikey repeats
'Both of you shut up we're nearly there now.' Bob says 'So sit tight and behave.'
'Who died and made you the shut up king?' Frankie asks
'That is soo lame' Mikey says rolling his eyes
'Your lame'
'Stop now' I say jumping in 'that's enough let's all chill out and enjoy the rest of the ride.'
Earlier I took Mikey aside and asked him not to tell the others about my little slip up. We don't usually keep secrets from each other but the last thing I want is for Reign to find out, she'd only insist on babying me.

*

Joel's p.o.v

I rapped on the door and entered. Reign was up and dressed, staring out the window.
'Hey' I say quietly
'Hey Joel' she says turning away from the window.
'You alright' I ask falling onto the bed
'Yeah I'm okay.'she replies
'You know tomorrow the others are coming for you. Don't you think you should tell Benji about your little lie.'I say
'I was going to today but it doesn't matter anymore' she says
'It doesn't?' I ask a little suprised at how dismissive she's being.
'No it doesn't they'll find out when they get here.' she answers simply
'Alright if you say so. Come down stairs Billy and Paul are here.'
'I'll be down in a minute.'She says smiling.

Normal p.o.v

You grab the duffle and sneak down the stairs, manipulating each step so it barely creaks under your weight. You place the duffle by the door while you put your chuck Taylor's on making sure they're both yours, you don't want a repeat of earlier.
You grab Benji's keys off the hook, hoist the duffle onto your shoulder and quietly open the front door.

'Oh my God' you cry startled.
'What are you doing here?' you gasp seeing Frankie, Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bob standing on the Madden's doorstep
Sign up to rate and review this story