Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha

Catch Me When I Fall

by InuKag 3 reviews

Another Misunderstanding... will Inuyasha be able to say something in time? or will he come to his senses in time to see her leaving forever.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-12-08 - Updated: 2006-12-08 - 1337 words - Complete

0Unrated

He watched her carefully as she climbed hastily over the well's wall. He remained silent and unmoving in the branches of the tree.

Her protector.

Is anybody out there
Does anybody see
That when the lights are off something's killing me


There was nothing he wanted more than to just scoop her up in his arms and hold her... helping to ease both his pain as well as the pain he knew that she felt.

I know it seems like people care
Cause they're always around me
But when the day is done and everybody runs


The others undoubtedly thought that they just fought, over none other than the former love that he seemed to carry an undying flame for; it wasn't true. The truth was that he felt nothing towards the undead woman. Only a sense of duty to keep his promise; somehow he figured that her death was still his fault. He never said anything to the young woman that stayed by his side no matter what, about his feelings. He was too horrified by the fact that they were even there. He watched her as she scanned the lands surrounding her; she was searching for him he knew.

Who will be the one to save me from myself
Who will be the one who's there
And not ashamed to see me crawl
Who's gonna catch me when I fall


~~~*


She flung her yellow bag over the side of the old well and sighed. She knew he was somewhere near... probably waiting for her. Great she thought. That's all I need is a pissed off hanyou. Scanning the area, she was sure she could sense that she wasn't alone... but when she looked around, she realized that she in fact was; or so it seemed. She sat sluggishly on the ground against the well and pulled her knees to her chest; softly she began to sob.

When the show is over
And it's empty everywhere
It's hard to face going back alone
So I walk around the city
Anything, anything to clear my head
I've got nowhere to go nowhere but home


I shouldn't be here... I shouldn't have to do this anymore. She mused within her mind coldly. The temperamental hanyou could easily live the rest of his life without her... he could have the jewel, and perhaps even the undead priestess, could once again be among the living. I don't belong here anyways... she choked a bit on her ever flowing tears and suppressed heartache. Taking a deep breath, she stood gripping the side of the well for support, and looked at her surroundings again; as if for the last time.

Who will be the one to save me from myself
Who will be the one who's there
And not ashamed to see me crawl
Who's gonna catch me when I fall

/ /
~~~*

He watched her as she slumped against the well; there was an onset of tears that flooded his senses and caused him to cringe. He knew she was crying because of him... because of the things he had said... and the things he neglected to say. Quietly, he heard her voice stream softly through his sensitive ears.

"Why can't you just open your eyes silly girl... he's never going to love you... you are her replacement... her copy. You don't belong here; you are only fucking up history... he may save you all the time... that's only because you are his shard detector... in reality, he would never want to catch you if you really fell. He can't save you from you and you shouldn't expect him to you STUPID girl."

Momentarily he could have sworn he heard a slight chuckle pass her lips, and again he cringed at the emotions and swears that were rolling from her small body... her lips. He was being so selfish... he realized. By keeping this to himself... he was in fact hurting her more than he would if he actually DID go to hell with her former. He hushed his urges long enough, and as she stood and looked around tearfully, he leapt from the tree and came behind her.

It may seem I have everything
But everything means nothing
When the ride that you've been on
That you're coming off
Leaves you feeling lost

/ /
She gasped as she met his eyes upon turning to depart back to her world; had he heard? She wondered in a sense of fear and hope. Without a word he pulled her body to his, earning another gasp of surprise; she heard his voice whisper gruffly in her ear...

"/Why can't you open your eyes silly girl...? I'm always going to love you... you have never been her replacement, never her copy... and your fucking up history by thinking you can leave without me telling you how much I need you ... how much you /do /belong/." She suddenly felt as if she couldn't breathe.

"You... you heard?" Looking deeply into his molten eyes, she brushed her hand across his cheek... moving a stray hair from her line of vision in the process; revealing... tears? "I... Inuyah... you're crying? Why?" He looked away, before quickly bringing his attentions back to her and crashing his lips upon hers.

"Stay with me... Kudasai... I need you to say you'll stay."

Is anybody out there
Does anybody see
That sometimes loneliness is just a part of me

/ /
She closed her eyes again, feeling the warmth of his breath upon her face made her shiver; she unconsciously shook her head in protest to his request.

"I can't..." Her response was muffled and hesitant to say the least. "You... you see, this loneliness... it only gets worse when we are near each other. I've loved you for lifetimes, and I will always feel that way but, I can't do any of this. It isn't fair to any of us." She knew that he would take the use of us exactly as she meant it. /Kikyou/.

Who will be the one to save me from myself?
Who will be the one who's there
And not ashamed to see me crawl?
Who's gonna catch me when I fall?
Who's gonna catch me when I fall?
Who's gonna catch me when I fall

/ /
Pulling her closer, as if in an act of defiance, he kissed her neck.

"Kagome, there is only us... as in you and I. That's it... and if you'll reconsider... I ... I hope you'll have me. Without you here... I won't be able to save me from myself... I need you. And I know you need me." She simply wrapped her arms around him and cried. Softly he muttered the words she secretly longed to hear. "Be my mate Koishii... you are the only one that will ever be worth it."

Her nod sparked the beginning of the end in his resolve as Inuyasha pulled the women in his arms even closer, lifted her up, and leapt into the well.

On the other side, he slipped his Haori from his shoulders and laid it upon the ground; certain they would not be heard, and well away from danger. Her tiny hand stopped him... a wicked smile played across her lips.

"No one is home." She whispered. Taking her seductive hint, Inuyasha gripped her hand and brought her frame to him again.

"I will always catch you if you fall." To which came her reply...

"In your arms... I never will."

And not ashamed to see me crawl?
Who's gonna catch me when I fall?

/ /
For three days upon their return to the feudal era, none were the wiser. Shippo and Kirara knew... and Kaede was pretty sure, but neither dared to voice their knowledge; when the mission was over, it would no longer be a secret.

Until then... anyone with a good sense of hearing could hear their cries in the night.
Until time permitted, anyone with eyes could clearly see the love reflecting openly upon each other...

Still no one said a word.
Sign up to rate and review this story