Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 65 Happily Ever After...Maybe

by Reign_Madden 2 reviews

Please read and review the last chapter

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-12-11 - Updated: 2006-12-11 - 4636 words

0Unrated
Normal p.o.v

What in God's name were they doing here, in Maryland, in Waldorf, on the Madden's door step a whole day early?
'Wow! That's a really nice greeting Zero' Frankie says sarcastically 'Maybe next time you can throw hot water over us too, that'll make us feel really welcome.'
'No... I just you're a day early, that's all' you say feeling your body start to deflate.
'Well we wanted to surprise you' Bob says.
'Surprise me you mean give me a heart attack' you reply smiling weakly.
'Are you gonna let us in or are we gonna stand here all night making chit chat?' Ray asks stepping forward.
'Actually....' You start
'Of course she's gonna let you in aren't you Reign' Robin says appearing behind you.
You look at her and try to talk but nothing comes out so you move out of the way, casually dropping your bag, allowing the guys to walk into the hallway.
'Robin this is Gerard, Mikey, Frankie, Bob and Ray' you say pointing to each person 'guys this is Ms Madden, the twins Mom.'
You watch as Robin hugs each one of them individually fussing over them.
'We're really glad you invited us Ms Madden' Ray says 'we've heard so much about you, we're glad to finally meet you.'
'Argh! You invited them' you accuse Robin.
SHUT UP! you scream at yourself realising what you've said and how you said it.
'And I'm so glad you did' you recover quickly plastering a smile across your face.
'Hand Reign your jackets and follow me' Robin says to the boys 'make yourselves at home'

Gerard's p.o.v

We followed Robin into the living room, it was tidy, warm and very welcoming and whatever she was cooking smelt amazing.
Joel, Benji, Billy and Paul were relaxing in the living room watching MTV with another guy and a girl.
'Glad you could make it' Benji says getting off the couch and hugging us all.
'How could we say no?' Ray says greeting Billy and Paul who had also stood up to greet us.
'Oh let me introduce you to my sister and my brother' Benji says 'Josh oldest and Sarah youngest.'
'Nice to meet you' we all said in unison before bursting in to laughter.

Joel's p.o.v

Oh holy crap! What the hell were they doing here? That must've been the surprise that Benji kept going on about since Wednesday. I look to hallway door and there was Reign frantically waving at me.
'Excuse me' I say making my way quickly to the door.
We both leg it up the stairs into my room closing the door behind us
'Did you see that?' she asks dumbly
'No Reign I'm blind' I state sarcastically
'What are they doing here they're early?' she cries
'I don't know, it's probably the surprise that Benji kept going on about.' I say
'This is not what I had planned' she says pacing
'What did you have planned?' I ask
'Nothing...I... forget about it, doesn't matter now.' She mutters

Normal p.o.v

'I thought you didn't care if they found out.' Joel says
'I don't care, I'll just tell Benji.' You reply
'Well you better go tell him before dinner.' He suggests
'No after dinner, your Mom's worked so hard while spoil it.' You say.
'Good point lets go then' He says heading for the door and all you can do is follow.
I couldn't spoil dinner by telling Robin her son was a cheating bastard. And what's worse is Joel thinks your telling Benji about the lie and telling Gerard your moving to LA in actual fact your telling Benji that you're onto him and Alyssa and that you're going to Jersey.

Frankie's p.o.v

We all settle into the Madden's living room, while Robin continues to cook the delicious food that she would serve to us later on. We'd all offered to help her but she declined and told us to relax. Even though we hadn't seen Good Charlotte in a week, as we all chilled out in the Madden's comfy living room it felt as if we hadn't been away at all.
'Did you guys see Tony and Mest?' Billy asks
'Yeah a couple of times, we went out for drinks last night to end the tour.' I reply 'They're good guys' Bob states
'They are' Benji agrees 'Good people to surround your self with.'
I looked over to Zero and her and Joel seemed to be having a whispered argument. I study the lips trying to make out what they were saying

Normal p.o.v

'Shut up I'll do it when I'm ready' you hiss
'You should just do it now' Joel argues
'After dinner now shut up because your drawing attention to us' you say smiling sweetly at Frankie who was staring at you with a strange look on his face.

Benji's p.o.v

I hear my Mom call my name from the kitchen and I dutifully get up and meet her in the kitchen.
'Can you help me extend the table please and then lay it?' She asks
'Yep' I say walking around the end of the table, crouching down and undoing the clasp that held the table in its small shape. With my Mom holding the table steady at the other end I pulled the table top extending it, before closing the clasp and making sure the table legs were sturdy.
'Hey who wants to help me lay the table?' I ask looking at the eleven faces sitting comfortably around the room.
'I'll do it' Gerard offers
'No' Joel and Reign scream in unison
'I mean Gerard is a guest' Reign says looking at me.
'I don't mind' Gerard says getting up
'I know you don't' she says quickly 'but Joel really likes laying the table don't you?' Reign says looking up at him.
'I do?' he asks
'Yes you do' she says through gritted teeth.
'I mean I do' Joel replies walking into the kitchen.

Frankie 's p.o.v

At first I thought it was my imagination but now I'm certain that something was definitely going on between Joel and Reign. For some strange reason I really want to know what it is.

Gerard's p.o.v

'Gerard can I talk to you for a second' Reign asks
'Yeah of course, talk away' I say patting the seat beside me.
'I meant in private' she says
'Sure' I say following her into the hallway. She closes the door behind us and we both take a seat on the stairs
'Ok I really need to tell you something.' She says looking quite nervous
'What is it?' I ask
'I...Benji and I...well he...'
'I already know, Benji told me all about it.' Gerard says cutting you off.
'What are you talking about?' she asks looking confused.
The doorbell ring startling us both and I get up to answer the door to find a smiling Lisa shivering on the doorstep.
'Hey Lisa' I say moving out of the way allowing her to enter.
'Gerard what are you doing here?' She says embracing me in a cold hug.
'Long story short we were invited for dinner and we couldn't say no.' I explain helping her with her coat. I glance back at the stairs and Doll Face was gone. I follow Lisa into the living room where she was greeted warmly.
I scan the room for Doll Face hoping to continue our conversation but she wasn't there I shrug my shoulders and sit down engaging myself in conversation with Josh.

Reign's p.o.v

You escape to Benji's room upstairs to think. Benji told them already, he went behind your back and told them, even though you said you would. Now you have to go and tell Gerard that you're not going to LA and you are going to Jersey.
You zone back into reality as Benji walks in.
'Hey sweetness' he says 'what are you doing up here alone?'
'Nothing' you say with a smile that doesn't reach your eyes
'Baby what is wrong?' He asks coming over to you.
'I know Benji' you say 'I know everything'
'What are you talking about' he says trying to play it cool
'Don't bullshit me ok' you snap
'Damn! I tried so hard to keep it a secret' he confesses
'Well you didn't try hard enough' you shoot back
'Don't tell me you didn't see this coming?' he replies
'No I didn't see this coming it's the last thing I thought would happen' you say heatedly. Your interrupted as another knock sounds on the door.
'Come in' Benji calls angrily
'I'm sorry to interrupt' Mikey says shyly from the door 'but Benji your Mom's calling for you.'
'Oh okay' Benji says walking to the door 'We'll finish this later?'
'Can't wait' you retort.

Joel's p.o.v

I took the stairs two at a time nearly colliding with Benji and Mikey as they were coming down.
'Sorry' I apologise going around them
'Can you do me a favour?' Benji asks
'Sure, what?' I say
'Go check on your friend.' He says bitterly
'Ok' I say disappearing out of site.
I walk into my room to see Reign collapsed on the bed.
'On your feet solider' I demand pulling her up 'We are not defeated'

Normal p.o.v

'He told them that I'm moving to LA' you say to Joel
'That's good isn't now we don't have to worry about anything, crisis averted' he replies.
'Benji's sleeping with Alyssa' you say
'What?' Joel replies in surprise
'Today I followed him to the mall and he was waiting for her, that's what was bothering me today. I said I didn't care about telling Benji the truth because I was going to sneak out the door and leave. To make matters worse he's like "Don't tell me you didn't see this coming?" like I should know he was going to cheat on me.' You recount.
'I can't believe you Reign' Joel says
'What! Me' you cry in disbelief
'Yeah you, I can't believe you were going to just up and leave' he says angrily
'I was going to tell you' you reply
'When? When you were half way to your destination' he says bitterly
'I'm sorry' you say honestly 'I really am.'
'How could you even think about doing something like that?'
'I don't know, I was angry, please don't be mad at me Joel.' You plead
'I just can't believe you would leave like that.' he says sighing ' And I can't believe Benji what a moron. I'll kick his ass I swear.'
'Don't bother, he's not worth it.' You state
'I take it you're going to Jersey then.' He says deliberately not looking at you.
'Yeah it looks that way'

Frankie's p.o.v

I waited for Mikey and Benji to go into the kitchen before I follow Joel upstairs. Even though I didn't know which room was theirs it didn't take long to locate it, it was the only room with the door closed.
I consider knocking and just plain asking what was going on but where would the fun be in that.
I press my ear against the door and listened.

'...You don't have to this you know.'
'What other options do I have?'
'You can come and live with me in LA'
'What?'
'I'll buy us a house and we can live together, like we always planned to.'
'Joel we can't what about your brother?'
'What about him? He obviously doesn't care about you'
'We couldn't...'
'Yes we could who going to stop us, Benji? I don't think so'

I back away, mouth hanging open. I couldn't believe this they were having an affair. Zero and Joel were at it. This is bad but so damned entertaining. I made my way back down stairs promising myself to keep my mouth shut till after dinner then I'm going to tell the both of them I know their disturbing secret.

*
Frankie's p.o.v

We're all seated around the dinner table, a little squashed yet comfortable.
Then Joel and Reign walked in hand in hand yet nobody seems to notice the blatant affection, but I did, I knew and it was killing me.

Benji's p.o.v

I couldn't wait for dinner to be over I desperately needed to talk to Reign. She walks in with Joel and instead of sitting next to me she sits next to him opposite me.
'This looks really nice Mom' Sarah comments as she sits next to me.
'I agree' Gerard says eyeing the chicken that my Mom made for those who eat meat.
I look over at Reign and throw her a smile she quickly smiles back the flips me the bird. What was her problem?

Reign's p.o.v

After Robin says grace you all tuck in. You didn't realise how hungry you were, but having said that you hadn't eaten all day. You look over at Benji laughing and joking with Bob and it makes you sick you want to rip his stupid head off.
'Are you alright Reign?' Mikey asks
'Yeah I'm fine' you reply flashing him a smile. 'I'm fantastic'
'Look at him' you whisper to Joel 'he's acting as if nothing's going on.'
'Chill out Reign, here eat this' he says shoving vegetables into his mouth. 'I don't like 'em'

Frankie's p.o.v

Why is no one seeing this? He's feeding her off his fork. I cough loudly trying to draw attention to them.
'You okay?' Ray says patting my back and handing me a glass of water.
'Yeah I'm fine' I say shrugging him off.

Joel's p.o.v

This sucks after tonight Reign was going to be in Jersey and we have to go back to LA to work. I'll never see her now, maybe four times a year on special occasions. This is all Benji's fault selfish bastard.
I stare at my brother, my twin and I could throw my food in his face.
'Everything ok Joel dear?' My Mom says cutting through my thoughts
'Yeah I'm just enjoying the food' I reply smiling.
'That's not all your enjoying is it?' Frankie mutters.
'No I'm also enjoying the company' I add
'Anyone in particular?' he asks looking from me to Reign
'Well I know whose company I'm not enjoying' I retort looking at Benji

Gerard's p.o.v

I'm not sure if it's just me but i can feel some serious tension at this table and it's spoiling dinner. I kick Frankie under the table catching his attention and I throw him a "what is your problem" look. He doesn't respond but continues eating.

Benji's p.o.v

That comment was so directed at me. I study my twin trying to read this thoughts but I get nothing. I definitely feel a nasty vibe coming from him.
'So Gerard Reign tells me you do art' Mom says smiling
'Yes I do, if I wasn't doing music I'd definitely be doing art.' Gerard replies
'Just like our Billy' Mom says smiling proudly at Billy.
'Hey Benji if you weren't doing Reign who would you be doing?' Joel asks.
'Joel' Mom chastises
'What kind of question is that?' I retort
'The real question is' Frankie chimes in 'if Benji wasn't doing Reign, Joel would you do her? But then again it doesn't matter to you, I guess you like to share?'
'Frankie' Ray says throwing me a warning look
'That's enough' Mom says 'let's not talk like that at the dinner table.'
'Sorry' we all say together.'

Normal p.o.v

'Joel that was uncalled for' you say quietly so only he hears you
'I know, sorry can't help it' he admits
'Well try, don't ruin dinner' you reply
'Ok I'll keep my tongue in my head' he says smiling
'Good' you say patting his arm.

Frankie's p.o.v

More whispering and touching, why wasn't anyone else seeing this? Keeping my mouth shut was a lot harder then I thought. I'm so mad at Reign and disgusted by Joel.
'Frankie can you pass me the rice?' Reign asks
'Sure I can' I smile handing her the rice
'Thank you' she says accepting the dish
'Your welcome' I reply 'Can I get you anything Joel, potatoes, vegetables, chicken, maybe Reign.'
'No I'm fine thank you' Joel says looking confused as does everyone else.
'You might want to ask Benji if there's something he desires.' Reign adds smiling.
'Alright that is enough' Ms Madden says placing her knife and fork down 'Now I don't know what's going on here, but you four are ruining dinner.' She says pointing at me the twins and Reign. 'Now no one eats till it gets sorted.'

Normal p.o.v

You sit back folding your arms across your chest. This wasn't how this was supposed to happen.
'Someone better start talking' Robin says
'Spit out now' Bob says 'I was enjoying my food.'
'Reign's sleeping with Joel' Frankie announces.
'Ah! No I'm not' you screech in disbelief 'Benji's sleeping with Alyssa' you pint at him.
'No I'm not' Benji cries
'I heard you two upstairs planning to run away together' Frankie says pointing at you and Joel.
'You were eavesdropping on us' Reign says angrily.
'Yeah I was, good thing too or you two would have eloped, how could you do that to Benji?'
'Don't feel too sorry for Benji I'm sure if I was going to run off Alyssa would comfort him.' You shoot back.
'Mom it was Sarah who broke your china vase that time' Josh says laughing.
'Josh' Sarah cries slapping him
'It was Paul that blocked the toilet on the bus.' Billy exclaims.
'Billy you basta...' Paul starts.
'Gerard was drinking' Mikey shouts cutting Paul off
'Mikey' Gerard gasps 'Shut up'
'Sorry I just wanted to join in' Mikey says quietly.

Benji's p.o.v

'I'm not sleeping with Alyssa, where the hell did that come from?' I ask
'Don't play innocent, I saw you together at the mall.'
'You followed me' I say
'Damn straight I did.' She retorts
'I can't believe you followed me' I reply
'You've followed me before' she says
'That was for your protection.' I argue
'Any way Reign you've eavesdropped too, remember that night you were going to run away.' Frankie butts in.
'You were going to run away?' Gerard asks 'When?
'Frankie shut up that was a secret' Reign hisses
'So was your affair with Joel but that's out now' He shoots back
'Joel and I are not having an affair.' She says banging her fist on the table. 'Alyssa and Benji are.'

Normal p.o.v

'Enough. Reign explain from the beginning' Robin says 'I'm confused and as for the rest of you stop with the confessions.'
'Ok.'You start 'Earlier this week I told Benji that I was moving with him to LA, I also told him that I told Frankie but I didn't really because I was afraid they'd be sad if I left so I put it off. I've been calling them all week trying to tell them that I wasn't coming home to Jersey like I originally said. So today thinking that I only had one day left before they arrived I tried to tell Benji the truth but he kept brushing me off...'
'I was busy I wasn't brushing you off' Benji says interrupting you.
'So I followed him' you continue ignoring Benji's comment 'to the mall and he was there with Alyssa. So I planned to leave him tonight and as I opened the door to go Frankie and the others were standing there.'
'Is that what you tried to tell me in the hallway?' Gerard asks
'Yes it was.' You answer him 'So I told Joel about me leaving and about Benji and he joked and said I should move to LA with him, which is probably what Frankie heard.' You finish letting the silence engulf the room.

Benji's p.o.v

I look over at Reign and I can't help but laugh she was so far from the truth it was funny.
'Are you laughing at me?' she asks horrified
'Yes I am Reign cause you're so ridiculous sometimes.' I reply walking over to her.
'How dare you? ' She says twisting in her chair 'you're a liar and a cheat and I'm the ridiculous one.'
'I already told you nothing is going on between me and Alyssa' I reply looking down on her.
'You said that before' she says angrily 'If nothing's going on between you what were you doing with her in the mall?'
'I was getting this' I say taking a small box out of my pocket and kneeling down in front of her. I watch her face as realisation sets in and a small gasp escapes her lips. 'Reign from the day I met you I knew there was no one in the whole wide world that I'd rather spend my life with. I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. Will you do me the honour of being my wife?'

Reign's p.o.v

Oh my God, he's just proposed. In that fleeting second you realise that you love him more then life itself. All the anger you felt only seconds before melts away.
'Yes I will' you whisper holding out your left hand. You feel the diamond ring slide perfectly on to your index finger. He kisses your hand before cupping your face and kissing your lips tenderly. He stands up taking you with him and you hug him tightly.
'I love you' he says
'Oh God I love you too' you say sniffing back tears.
'Oh my God that was so romantic' Lisa says wiping her eyes.
'Lisa, blasphemy dear' Robin says wiping her eyes. 'Congratulations'
'Thanks' you say turning to face her and everyone else.
'Come here' Robin says standing up and embracing you both, tears gleaming in her eyes.
'That's what I like to see' Joel says hugging his brother and kissing you on the cheek.
'Congratulations Doll Face' Gerard says squeezing you tightly 'you'll make a beautiful bride.'
'Thanks Gerard' you reply hugging him close 'Thank you for everything'
'Your welcome you deserve every happiness.' He says honestly.
'Will you do one more thing?' you ask
'Anything' he replies
'I'd be honoured if you would give me away' you say looking in to his eyes.
'Are you serious?' he asks
'Deadly' you reply simply 'I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it.'
'It would be a privilege.' He says smiling proudly hugging you closely
After everyone congratulated you, and admired your ring Josh said a toast as did Ray. 'That was the best dinner we've ever had' Sarah says truthfully
'Can't argue there' Josh adds wrapping his arm around you.

Gerard's p.o.v

'For a second there I thought the proposal would never happen.' I admit
'You knew about this' Reign asks looking up at me.
'Yeah we all did, Benji called and asked for our blessing' I tell her
'I didn't know' Joel says outraged, 'how could you not tell me?' he says punching his brother.
'I was going to but I was afraid you might tell' Benji confesses 'I thought Reign might be able to get it out of you.'
'If I knew we could have prevented this' Joel says motioning to the ruined dinner.
'That still doesn't explain Alyssa' Lisa says 'How does she fit in?'
'Alyssa works at the Jewellery store, she discounted the ring for me.' Benji says
'Gee Benji I'm not sure if I want you to marry Reign' I say facing him 'Buying a ring from your ex-girlfriend isn't very smart.'
'I know that now' he says grinning 'but it was the perfect ring I had to get it.'

Benji's p.o.v

'Psst Benji' Bob says pulling me to him 'This is the end of your life you know that right.'
'You'll be married soon, you'll be Mr Reign you realise that' Paul says laughing
'What! No way I wear the pants and Reign knows it' I say loudly 'I'm the man, the husband.'
'What was that honey?' Reign says coming up behind me.
'Benji was just telling us how he has you under manners' Frankie says
'No' I exclaim 'I was just saying how much I love you and I can't wait for you to Mrs Benji Madden' I fib taking her in my arms.
'Oh really' she says 'It sounded like you were flaunting your position.'
'No honey never.' I say kissing her lips

Reign's p.o.v

'Good cause I hate to have to remind you off your place' you joke
'Do you like your ring?' he asks looking down at your hand.
'Yes it's beautiful, it's so sparkly' you reply smiling broadly.
'A beautiful ring for my beautiful fiancée' he says 'I saw it and I knew it was the one.' He replies.
'You're too good to me you know that?' you say looking into his eyes.
'Yeah I know' he sighs and you hit him playfully.
'Mrs Benjamin Madden, sounds good.' You say happily
'Sounds perfect, we belong together Reign.' he says
'Yeah we do cause no one else will out up with you' you say and you both laugh.

That night when everyone fell asleep you and Benji sneaked out.
'Where are we going?' you ask excitedly closing the car door.
'It's a surprise' he says starting the engine and pulling out of the drive.
'You know for a second there I wasn't going to propose.' Benji admits
'Why not?' you ask
'Because in the bedroom earlier, I thought you figured out I was going to propose, you said you knew everything, then you said it was the last thing you thought would happen. I thought you didn't want to get married.' He explains.
'No I talking about your "affair"' you laugh putting your hand on his knee.
You drive in silence for the next few minutes just enjoying the feelings that surrounded you both.
'Here we are' Benji says pulling over.
'Were in the school parking lot' you say slightly disappointed at the destination.
'Just go with it' he says unbuckling his belt and stepping out into the cold night air.
You follow suit and he opens the passenger door taking your hand. You walk with him through the empty parking lot.
'Stand right here.' He says stopping and facing you.
'What are we doing here?' you ask trying to stop your chattering teeth.
'This is the exact spot where I first told you how I felt about you' he says slipping the ring off your finger. 'So it only feels right that I should propose to you right here...again' he says getting down on one knee. 'Reign Mercer will you marry me?' he asks again.
'Yes' you laugh holding out your hand again. He slides the ring on your finger for the second time that night.
'You know what else we did here?' you ask as he stands up.
'No what?' he says
'This' you reply jumping on him wrapping your legs around his waist. You lean in kissing him deeply slipping your tongue into his warm mouth, butterflies shoot through your stomach as he kisses you back with the same passion he did that night you shared that first kiss in your bedroom. You reluctantly break away coming up for air.
'I love you so much' you whisper looking in his eyes.
'Are you happy Reign?' He breathes still holding you up.
'Yes I am, I'm with you' you reply kissing him again.

The End...For Now
Sign up to rate and review this story