Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Dish Best Served Cold

Chapter 1 The Start of Something Good

by tumshie1960 6 reviews

A post OotP tale AU Ron and Percy bashing. A Harry/Ginny romance

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] [X] - Published: 2006-12-03 - Updated: 2006-12-03 - 2466 words

5Exciting
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and other canon characters belong to JKR I'm only having some fun
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and other canon characters belong to JKR I'm only having some fun




A Dish Best Served Cold


George Weasley was making his way back down Diagon Alley after making a deposit into the business account of WWW at Gringotts when he saw something that stopped him in his tracks. His estranged brother Percy, looking around furtively and heading in the general direction of the Leaky Cauldron.



His curiosity aroused, he decided to follow, after all his other four brothers would be interested in knowing what 'Perfect Percy' was up to especially with him being in a tavern during working hours. They had all heard from various contacts in the Ministry that 'Wetherby' was first in and last out of his office every day. It was so bad that it taken him four weeks to notice that his girlfriend Penny had moved back in with her parents.



As George entered the bar-room Tom beckoned him over. "Your brothers are in Room 12, top of the stairs turn right."



'Curiouser and curiouser, which of my brothers would go behind our backs and meet with the prat?' /he thought as he made his way up the stairs. He stopped half way up and pulled a concealment cloak out of one of his many hidden pockets and pulled up the hood, 'no point in being recognised' /he thought.



As he approached the door he could hear voices, one was definitely Percy, but the other one shocked him, it sounded like Ron, the most outspoken critic of Percy and what he had done to the family.



/'Time for a field trial of the Extendible Ear Mark II' /he thought as he pulled one from another pocket.



The 'Ear II' as he and Fred called it was attached to a self inking 'Verbatim Quill' which when placed on a piece of parchment wrote out what the ear picked up. The OotP had asked them to develop a listening device that could be left to record in secret.



"Well then" began Percy, "I take it that Mum and Dad bought the story about you having to visit the Quidditch shop for the House team?"



"Yeah" replied Ron, "But we'll need to get a better cover story for next time, even if they don't get suspicious, Ginny might."



"Yes, she's to clever for her own good," said Percy "Mum and dad should have made sure she knew a witch's place is in the home, she's a disgrace to Purebloods, playing Quidditch like a common Mudblood."



Ron voiced his agreement. "It's the Muggleborn's fault with all their equality of the sexes crap, they're corrupting Pureblood witches with it. Women should be at home with the babies not out having careers, the sooner we purge the world of Mudbloods and Halfbloods the better, well we need to keep some as whores but that's all their good for anyway."



"Now, here's what you do, get a hair from Potter and put it in this vial of potion and one of Ginny's in this one. Offer to get them a drink and put the potion with Ginny's hair in Potter's drink and vice versa. Find an excuse to leave them alone and send mum or dad into the room ten minutes later. By that time they should be screwing each others brains out and Ginny will conceive as soon as Potter ejaculates."



"They won't remember you giving them the potion so mum and dad will demand that Potter marries Ginny. Once they're married I'll arrange for them to meet Lucius and his friends, once they're dead, the Potter money will be ours, and the Weasley name will be restored to its rightful place."



"Brilliant" said Ron, "Once I have money I'll have the choice of anyone I want, I might even keep Granger to help relieve my tension, although Creevey would suit my needs best, maybe I could rent her out, or sell her to Krum."



George couldn't believe his ears, he knew Ron could be jealous of Harry, but never imagined he would go as far as to plan the death of his supposed best friend and sister. He was torn, Ron was family, but so was Ginny, and if it hadn't been for Harry, Ginny would have died in the Chamber of Secrets and the shop would still be a pipe-dream.



In a daze George wandered back down to the main bar and ordered himself an Ogden's with a Butterbeer to follow, the whisky he shot back in one swallow, but he sat and drank the Butterbeer slowly. He realised that Tom would remember him following his brothers in and panicked, he could be seen as part of the conspiracy, without thinking of the consequences he palmed his wand and Obliviated the last ten minutes of Tom's memory.



After finishing his Butterbeer he made his way back to the shop and took his place behind the counter with his twin. Their friend Lee Jordan came in shortly afterwards and with the minimum of persuasion from George took over the counter allowing the twins to retire to the back shop.



George had already shown Fred the parchment with the recording on it, what they needed to do now was decide what they were going to do about it, they knew that Harry was due at the Burrow on the twenty-ninth and Hermione on the thirtieth and they expected Ron to carry out his plan at the first opportunity, but how could they thwart him and protect their sister and investor at the same time?



The plan was laid, they visited the Burrow for dinner the day before Harry was due to arrive and while Fred distracted Ron, George told Ginny about the plot that had been hatched against her and Harry. While Ginny found the idea of being pregnant with Harry's child appealing, she was appalled at how low Ron had stooped. She quickly agreed to inform Harry of the plot and was sure he would co-operate in foiling it.



The day after Harry's birthday, Ron, Ginny and Harry were sitting in the Weasley's front parlour after dinner discussing the forthcoming trip to Diagon Alley, Ron asked if anyone was thirsty and on his companions saying yes, went off to make everyone a drink. After delivering the drinks to Harry and Ginny he made his excuses and left them alone. After ten minutes he mentioned to his parents that Harry and Ginny wanted to speak to them alone.



Arthur and Molly made their way through from the kitchen wondering what the pair wanted to talk about, they both knew that Ginny wanted nothing more than to be Harry's girlfriend and to eventually marry him. They had seen the pair of them watch each other when they thought no one was looking, and hadn't missed the fact that the two of them had disappeared for about thirty minutes during the birthday celebrations and had been quite flushed when they returned.



Ron sneaked along behind his parents, wanting to see the fireworks when they found Potter ravaging his sister. When he looked in the room he was shocked, Harry and Ginny were sitting playing chess, he listened at the door.



Arthur spoke first. "Ron said you two wanted to speak to us?"



Molly and Arthur watched as a puzzled look crossed the faces of the young couple in front of them.



"Did he?" asked Harry. "Well we were going to tell, em, Ginny and I have finally admitted that we really like each other. I was going to ask for your permission to date her, but I was finding it hard to approach you, I don't know how Ron found out as we only decided this morning. I'm glad he forced it, we didn't want to be sneaking around on you."



Molly leaned over and pulled them both into a hug. "Of course you have our permission, but ground rules, no grandchildren 'til both of you have left school"



Both teenagers blushed and Harry picked up on the teasing tone in Molly's voice and noticed the glint in her eye, Arthur was trying but failing to keep his face straight as Molly grabbed his arm. She swept out of the room dragging Arthur behind her, Ginny swore she heard her say 'Emerald green bridesmaid dresses to match his eyes.'



Ron stood in the shadows totally bemused, Percy had told him the potion was infallible, Snape had recommended it and had even brewed it. He wandered up to his room still trying to work out what had gone wrong. He quickly wrote to Percy telling him the plan had failed and that they needed to meet soon. What they didn't know was that the twins had added a potion neutraliser to every bottle of pumpkin juice and Butterbeer in the house. Ginny looked over at her now parentally approved boyfriend and batted her eyelids at him in an exaggerated way, bringing a smile to Harry's face and a stirring in his groin.



"Well that went easier than I thought it would." She said. "I thought mum was going to start organising the wedding there and then, lets go outside and tell Hermione the good news."



Hermione had left the other three alone as she wanted to sit out under the trees and do some advance reading, she had asked Ron to accompany her but he had declined saying that he wanted to enjoy his last summer free of schoolwork, after all there were no essays to write as they had just finished their O.W.L.s.



To say that Hermione was happy that the Weasley parents had approved of Harry and Ginny dating, would have been to understate the matter. Over the years Ginny had confided in her about her feelings for Harry, and she had watched as the young girl's childhood crush had developed into something more. Harry had also confided in her that he had stopped thinking of Ginny as the littlest Weasley and started thinking of her as the prettiest and sexiest one. He traced his feelings back to when he had rescued her from the Chamber of Secrets. Something about the vulnerability of the young girl had struck a chord within him, but with him being a male (and Ginny being so young), he had failed to recognise it until recently.



After speaking to Hermione the new couple wandered off on their own, they walked slowly through the woods bordering The Burrow, not really talking, their hands swinging by their sides, as their hands brushed against each others they looked at one another and blushed, Harry took Ginny's hand in his and gasped as she intertwined their fingers. To him it just felt natural, as if her hand was made just to fit his. Their aimless wandering eventually brought them into a natural clearing, looking round Harry spotted a fallen tree and led Ginny over to it, he lifted her on to it, amazed at how light she was, and gazed deep into her eyes.



Ginny gazed back into Harry's eyes, thoughts racing through her head, the kiss, well kisses they had shared the previous day when she had led him away from the main party when no one was looking. Hermione had finally persuaded her to make the first move, what she didn't know was that she had also persuaded Harry to confess how he felt to Ginny.



As the two teens stared at each other Harry leant in and gently brushed his lips against hers, and Ginny responded in kind. Soon they were leaving trails of kisses on each other's faces. When their lips finally met again, instinct took over and soon their tongues were searching in the others mouths and they discovered the joys of nasal breathing.



Eventually they noticed that the air temperature was dropping and Harry lifted her down from where she had been sitting, this time arms slipped round waists and again Harry was amazed at the way Ginny seemed to fit against his side as if she was made just for him. It surprised but pleased him when he felt a small hand push itself into the hip pocket of his jeans.



Up in his room at the top of the house Ron's anger and disappointment grew, their plan had failed and not only that but the Boy-Wonder now had permission to date his baby sister, what a disaster, not only were his family considered Blood Traitors but now they were allowing a Halfblood to date his sister. The fact that he himself had been willing to sacrifice his sisters virginity and subsequently her life for some Galleons, didn't come into it, he was furious Potter got everything handed to him on a plate, Malfoy and Snape were right, he was nothing but an arrogant, selfish, attention seeking brat and he, Ron Weasley, would be the one to bring about his downfall.



In the loft above Ron's room a Verbatim Quill quietly went about it's business, copying his rant onto a sheet of parchment.



When the lovebirds made it back to The Burrow's garden the found Ginny's parents and Hermione sitting outside enjoying the cool of the day. As they joined them Molly went into the kitchen and made some warm drinks, Ron declined an invitation to join them so the five sat and watched the sun setting over Stoatshead Hill before retiring for the evening.



Harry and Ginny said goodnight with a chaste kiss outside her bedroom door and as Harry made his way upstairs to Percy's old room where he was sleeping, he could hear girlish giggles emanating from Ginny's. It surprised him a little, he couldn't quite imagine Hermione being so girly.



He heard a soft hooting from the open window and turned to see his beloved pet sitting there with a letter tied to her leg. Harry removed the letter and looked at the seal, Ministry of Magic /'What now?' /he thought. The only MoM letters he had ever received had brought him nothing but grief, he knew that he had done nothing wrong, but was still nervous about opening it.



/'Gryffindors charge forward' /he said to himself and broke the seal on the scroll of parchment and unrolled it.



Dear Mr. Potter, he read. You are required to present yourself at the next meeting of the Wizengamot which will be held on Aug 8th to help in the inquiry into the recent events in the Department of Mysteries.



Amelia Bones

Director D.M.L.E.



The joy of the day turned to ashes in his mouth and he fell onto his bed and not for the first time wished he hadn't been born Harry James Potter.
Sign up to rate and review this story