Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sophomore Slump...or Comeback of the Damn Century

love songs are so genuinely cunning

by killxsmile 8 reviews

Pete and Emi reunion, yo!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-12-17 - Updated: 2006-12-18 - 1672 words

3Moving
Author's Note: Sorry for the late update. Since I'm going to an AAR concert on Tuesday, I had to get all of my homework done, meaning less time to write.

Sorry to say it, but this story's coming to an end, kiddies. Only one more chapter left after this one. I'm über grateful for everyone who's taken the time to review. You guys have no idea how much it means to me.

Anyways, hope you guys like this one!

I love the following people more than gummi bears:
halleluiakid
xloveorsympathy
FrostedGlass
sing4me09
x-xJafax-x


c h a p t e r TWENTY
{ love songs are so genuinely cunning

*
Peter's POV

"A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way..."


There's no song like "Hey There Delilah" to make me think about her. Emi's like a drug, a happy pill, an antidepressant that I just can't get enough of. If lovesickness is really a disease, I'm officially a terminal case.

I hit the skip button in hopes that my iPod would choose a song that didn't remind me of my current situation.

"I've got my things
I'm good to go
You met me at the terminal
Just one more plane ride and it's done"


I sighed. "This is going to be a long day."

*
Emily's POV

The ride to Michigan was agonizingly slow. According to our tickets, it would be a 12-hour flight. No fun. A few hours into the plane ride, I was starving, but the "beef from Brazil" didn't look so appetizing. I pulled a candy bar out of my bag and decided that my iPod could keep me occupied. Randomly scrolling through menus, I noticed something new under Movies-- High Fidelity.

"Trick," I smiled. He must have put it on there when I left my iPod at his house. I pressed the center button and within seconds, a spinning record filled the screen, followed by a pensive John Cusack.

"What came first: music or the misery?"

*
"Huh?" I said. Somebody was shaking my shoulder.
"Emi, we're in Michigan."
"Oh." I stretched and felt the plane skid onto the runway. Wasn't as smooth as I expected, but it definitely woke me up.

After a few minutes, the plane came to a complete stop and the seat belt sign was turned off.

"Welcome to Michigan! It is December 26th. The current time is 11:26 AM. Temperature is 32°, so I hope all of you have jackets!"

We grabbed our luggage and filed into the line getting off the plane. We still had an hour or so until our connecting flight would get us to Chicago, so we hung out at the food court for the remainder of the time. It was ridiculously crowded, but I guess that was to be expected the day after Christmas.

As Ben and I played rock, paper, scissors for the last French fry, our flight number was announced. Again, we boarded a plane. I didn't understand why we couldn't go straight from Osaka to Chicago, but then again, there are billions of things I don't understand. About an hour later, our plane arrived at O'Hare International. We grabbed our luggage and headed off the plane, which was hard to do, since it was packed with people and their awkward luggage.

Once off the plane, we headed to the luggage carousel, scanning it for bags. After 15 minutes, ours were nowhere in sight and everyone else on our flight already left. Tired of the monotony, I had an idea.
"Emi, I know what you're thinking," my mom said.
"What?"
"Don't set a foot on the carousel. There's a flight crew walking behind you." I waited a few minutes. "Okay, hurry before they come back." I hopped on and went around the track once.

my mom = awesome beyond measure

As I stepped off, as if by magic, our bags appeared. We grabbed them and headed outside. Luckily there were a few taxis already there. We loaded our belongings into the car and were off.

"We're back, Chicago," I said, staring out the window.

*
Peter's POV

"You're going down Trohman!"
"This coming from the guy who is low on ammo."

"Pete, your cell's going off," Christina said, handing my phone over. I paused the game and set my controller down.

"Hello?"
"Pete, it's Emi."
"Hey, what's up?"
"Just wondering if you got my second present yet."
"You sent something else?"
"Yeah, I shipped it priority mail. It should be getting to your house right about now." As if on cue, the doorbell rang.
"Wait a sec. Someone's at the door."

I dropped the phone once I opened the door.

Emi.

Before my mind could process anything, my lips were crashing into hers. Electricity pulsed through my veins as she parted her lips. Her hands found their way around my neck, mine wrapped around her waist. Breathlessly, we pulled away from each other after a few minutes.

"I missed you," she said, resting her head on my chest.
"I missed you more," I said, looking down at her. She smiled and hugged my closer to her. "Does anyone else know you're here?"
"Nope."
"Well, Patrick, Andy, Joe, Christina and Gen are in the living room. Wanna make a grand entrance?"

*
Christina's POV

"Who do you think was at the door?"
"Iono. Mailman?"

All of a sudden Pete burst into the room with a girl, or a very skinny emo boy, attached to his lips. I couldn't tell because he or she had a hood on. Yes, I'm admitting that I've had my doubts about Pete's sexuality, but let's get back to the story:

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I yelled, Emi in Japan + Pete in Chicago + girl/boy in Chicago with Pete. DOES NOT EQUATE.

"Hey, bitch, you're messing with my best friend's boyfriend!" I went over to the couch and pulled off his/her hood.

"Surprise?"
"Holy shit! Emi?!"
"Fresh from Japan, yo!" She got up and hugged me.
"What the hell? When did you get back?" Gen asked.
"Around noon," she said,
"But I thought you weren't due to come back until next week." She enveloped Patrick in a hug, and by the looks of it, was squeezing the life out of him.
"Well, stuff happened..." she said, with a hint of sadness in her voice. "And now I'm here."
"I'm just glad you're back."
"What was with that performance just now? I was ready to rip Pete's balls off," Patrick asked.
"I wanted to see how you guys would react...and Pete can't keep it in his pants."
"I really can't."

Emi smirked and Pete wiggled his eyebrows.

"Too much information,"
"Hey, at least we're waiting until after you're gone to get it on," Pete said. Emi laughed.
"Hey, that rhymed!" They high fived each other.

Sometimes Pete and Emi sickened me with their PDA and whatnot, but it's hard to think of them as anything but adorable. I'm pretty sure they were made for each other. They're like Lucas and Peyton... Rob Gordon and Laura...Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask.

*
Emily's POV

Pete randomly started humming while shooting Joe's character.
"New song?" I asked, picking up a box of health.
"Yeah, it's actually the one I wrote while you were in Japan." His character rolled into a ball and started ramming into Joe's.
"Can't wait to hear it." Joe somehow killed Pete. After dying, he set his controller down and pulled me onto his lap.
"You will soon...." He kissed the back of my neck. "Avenge my death?"
"Of course."
"Low ammo?! I just found a box of it! Roll! ROLL!" Joe said, jumping in front of the TV screen. "What the hell?!"
"You're not getting away that easily, Trohman." I shot a death ray and Joe's screen fizzled out. I set my controller down then Pete and I both got up.
"Now, let's play some music in Andy's basement!" Pete said.

*
Peter's POV

We loaded into Andy's car and quickly arrived at his house. Mrs. Hurley greeted us on our way to the basement.

"Girls, will you keep them in line for me?"
"No problem, Mrs. Hurley," Christina said.
"Thank you." She laughed, then continued on her way to the kitchen.
"My mom loves you more than me," Andy pouted.
"Aww, well we love you more than we love your mom...Except when she makes us cookies, because those are just too awesome," Christina said.
"Uh, thanks?" He sat down at the drums while Patrick picked up his guitar. I grabbed my bass off the couch.
"This one goes out to the girl who kicked Joe's ass in Metroid..." I said. Joe rolled his eyes, while everyone else laughed. "...And also stole my heart last year."

*
Emily's POV

"These friends are, new friends are golden," Trick finished, setting his guitar down. "You like it?"
"Like it? That was amazing!" I got up and wrapped Joe and Andy in hugs, since they were the closest to me.
"Em. Can't. Breathe."
"Sorry. It was--There aren't enough adjectives for me to describe that." After releasing Andy and Joe, I enveloped Trick in a hug. "You're amazing."
"I just came up with the notes, Pete wrote up the lyrics."

I loosened my grip on Trick's waist and made my way over to Pete. "And you," I said, wrapping my arms around him. "Thanks for making me feel so...special. I've never had a song written about me."
"That's where you're wrong." He rested his hands on the small of my back and looked down at me.
"What are you talking about, Pete?"
"Three words: Grand Theft Autumn." The smile on my face got even wider. I didn't think it was possible, but I'm pretty sure that I fell in love with him all over again.

*
Please review. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Sign up to rate and review this story