Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Head First For Heart Ache

6

by angellbaby28 3 reviews

so i kinda got on a roll.... here's another chapter! hopefully i will be able to update again soon!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2006-12-18 - 853 words

0Unrated
Lexi groaned as her cell phone rang loudly. Brent kissed her and told her not to answer it. Lexi laughed as she reached for the phone. A number which she didn't recognize flashed across her caller ID. She pulled away from Brent and answered it. She was surprised to hear Pete's voice on the other end of the line.

"Hey Pete, what's up?" She questioned, sitting up on her bed.

"Nothing really. Look I was wondering if I could meet you somewhere for coffee. I want to talk to you about something." Pete said, almost sounding nervous.

"Um sure... are you okay?" Lexi asked with concern.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. So I will meet you at Starbucks in twenty minutes?"

"Sounds good. See you then!" Lexi pushed the end button on her phone and jumped off her bed. She was meeting Pete in twenty minutes and she looked like complete shit. She ran to the bathroom and jumped into the shower.

"Is everything okay?" Brent asked as he wandered into the bathroom.

"Yeah, everything's fine babe. That was just Scotty and we need to have a quick meeting about the band." She lied. She didn't want to upset him by telling him the truth.

"You're so busy with the band now Lex... I don't like it." Brent said quietly, the anger in his voice terrified Lexi. "Before we know it, you're going to be touring around the world and kids will be throwing themselves at you." Lexi snorted at his last comment.

"You are so fucking paranoid Brent. I am sure that after we all graduate the band will break up... we're all planning on going to college." Lexi retorted as she climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. She glared at Brent and brushed past him. She quickly got dressed and dried her hair. "I'll be back in a while." She muttered as she walked out the front door not waiting for Brent to respond. She walked quickly towards the café which she and Pete had agreed to meet at. Suddenly, she felt her stomach flop as she saw Pete sitting by the window waiting for her to arrive. When he saw her standing there, he waved. Lexi smiled as she pulled the door open and approached him.

"Hey." He said happily, getting up to hug her.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Lexi said, pulling away from him.

"You're not really. I was just early." Pete said as they sat down. There was a silence that fell between them.

"So... what did you want to talk about?" Lexi questioned, taking a sip of her coffee. Pete grinned as he dug through his bag and pulled out an envelope.

"Well, after your show the other night, I called some people... and well, if you guys are interested, we would love to sign you to my label Decaydance." Pete said, taking the contracts out of the envelope. Lexi had no idea what to say. This was her dream come true and she couldn't believe that it was happening.

"Oh my god... I will have to talk to the guys, but I am pretty sure that the answer is yes!" Lexi exclaimed, fighting to remain calm. Pete couldn't help but laugh as she fumbled to pull her phone out of her purse and dialed a number, presumably one of her band mates. A few minutes later, he laughed again as he saw Dan, Scott and Eric enter the café. Eric spotted Lexi and ran to her and hugged her tightly.

"So I am guessing that you guys are going to sign?" Pete asked as the boys sat down.

"Of course!" Dan exclaimed, grabbing Lexi's hand.

"Thank you so much Pete." She beamed happily. An hour later, all the arrangements were made. The band was going to fly to Chicago in two months, after the Fall Out Boy tour was over, and live with Pete and Patrick. They would record their CD in Chicago and then hit the road for a few months. Pete glanced at his watch and announced that he really had to get going. He hugged Lexi and shook hands with Dan, Eric, and Scott. He promised that he would be in touch within the next few weeks. Lexi said goodbye to the boys and walked in a dream-like state back to her house. She grinned when she saw that Brent's car was still sitting in the drive way. She ran inside and into his arms.

"Lexi, are you okay?" He asked. She smiled and kissed him softly.

"I am better than okay!" She squealed happily. "Pete fucking Wentz just signed us to Decaydance Records!" Lexi exclaimed. Brent tried to fake a smile, but Lexi could see right through him. "Baby, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine... congrats on getting signed. I have to go though." With that, he walked out the door, slamming it forcefully behind him. Lexi decided that she wasn't going to let his pissy mood bring her down. She had just gotten the best news of her life and she was going to celebrate accordingly.
Sign up to rate and review this story