Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

How Can Anybody Possibly Think They Know How I Feel?

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 1 review

i FINALLY updated go me!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-23 - Updated: 2006-12-23 - 892 words

1Moving
a/n: I realise it has been a while since I last updated but I had exams and all... besides that every time I go to update I get distracted goddammit!

Bree finally finished the song happy with the words and she had never done anything that lyrically mature before so she hoped at least one other person in XO would get where she was coming from. She checked the time on her phone. 3PM she had been writing for two whole hours.

Hearing the door slam downstairs she went down to see if it was her Dad. Nope Melody back from shopping. Bree met her eyes from the top of the stair case and was welcomed by a cold glare from over the top of Melody's Gucci, Prada whatever they were sunglasses. She didn't say much to Bree except:

"Your Dad is on his way"

In turn Bree returned her glare and walked straight passed her on her way down the stairs. She sat on the couch and decided to turn on the tv while she waited for her Dad.

She heard the door close and she turned to see her Dad walking into the sitting room. He didn't sit down beside her, try to comfort her he stood in the doorway to the living room, looking as though he didn't really know what to say. After all it had been awhile since he had played the roll of a dad...

"Your mom's being taken to the cemetery now, you can go visit her grave later." He stated without any emotion.

"What no funeral, no memorial nothing!" Bree seethed through clenched teeth.

"Who would go? Your mother was a drunk for God's sake!" he snapped he had had enough of trying to be sympathetic when Bree didn't appreciate or want it.

Bree didn't even bother to reply. Her mom was a drunk she couldn't deny that but her mom wasn't always a drunk at least she wasn't till he up and left leaving her mom with a minimum wage job and a kid to support she handled it the wrong way.
She got up and attempted to walk straight passed him but he stopped her gripping her arm.

"Let go of me" she said in little more than an angry whisper.

"I didn't ask for this ok? I didn't want to have to come all the way out here to the middle of nowhere in Illinois to come "rescue" a daughter who doesn't want to be saved!" he spat his face shoved right against hers.

Bree broke free of his grip and ran straight out the front door. She hadn't even noticed she was running in the direction of Patrick's house until she was a block away. Knocking on the door Patrick answered almost straight away.

"Bree, what are you doing here?"

"Would you just, take a walk with me please?" she asked.

"Yeah, yeah sure.." grabbing a jacket off the coat rack he closed the door behind him and started walking with Bree.

She retold him the events of her day since he dropped her off that morning and Patrick listened intently.

"Whoa.." he said not sure what to say or do. The whole situation was pretty fucked up.

"Yeah" she said nodding "I.. I want to go visit my mom ... would you mind going with me? It'd really help if you were there" Bree asked not trusting herself to look up in case she started crying again.

"Of course" he answered lifting up her chin and planting a soft kiss on her lips.

She smiled weakly but it didn't reach her eyes too much was going through her head.
Patrick took her hand and walked her back to his house.

Climbing into the passenger side of Patrick's car Bree stared at her hands on her lap the whole 15 minute car journey not saying a word. Patrick knew better than to say anything and let her think to herself at least for the journey there.

Patrick pulled up outside the cemetery gates, switched off the engine and turned to Bree.

"I think it would be better if you went up there on your own." He stated. Bree needed to do this alone.

She stared blankly out the car window to the hill the cemetery was. Patrick didn't think she was even going to reply but she turned to him and nodded. Shutting the car door behind her she shoved her hands into the front pockets of her hoodie and started up the steep hill. Reaching the top she realised she had no idea which grave was her mom's. Reading the tomb stones and the names she walked up and down the rows of gravestones with all their neat flower arrangements and the neglected ones. Finally noticing the one that looked the most recent she read the epitaph confirming her suspicions that this was her mom.

Dropping to her knees she chocked out an angry sobs for god knows how long...

"How could you do this to me" she shouted not caring who heard her. "Why the fuck did you leave me? Your so selfish......" she finished off the last part quieter not having it in her to shout any more. Getting up she wiped her face with her sleeves and took one last look at the grave before walking away.






Sign up to rate and review this story