Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Tears

Cry me an ocean

by kirayasha 0 reviews

Collection of one-shots based on Live journal's 30 Tears community. These center around the pairing of Sesshomaru and Rin.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Rin, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2006-12-24 - Updated: 2006-12-24 - 745 words

0Unrated
Cry me an ocean (Tears #1)

By kira

Author's note: Live Journal action of a different sort, featuring Sesshomaru and Rin. This time it's tears...



"But I don't want to live with a bunch of stupid humans!" Rin cried. "I want to stay you and Jaken-sama! Why can't I stay? Why are you forcing me to leave, Sesshomaru-sama?" Rin looked up into his cold impassive face and felt more tears stinging her eyes. "What did I do to make you want me to go away?" she wailed as she threw herself at him. They had been standing there for over an hour, having a one-sided argument and Rin felt she was drowning in a sea of despair made up of her own tears.

Sesshomaru really did not want Rin go but he felt it was in her own best interest to do so. She seemed to have turned into a woman overnight, with a woman's wants and desires and her childish attempts at seduction were starting to make him feel uncomfortable. And that was how he found himself in this intolerable situation with Rin crying hysterically all over him, Jaken standing off in the distance just as upset, while his brother and his woman discussed the situation with an occasional glare thrown his way from the former miko.

Half sighing, half groaning in frustration, Sesshomaru raised his hand and patted her back in what he hoped would pass for a comforting gesture. Unfortunately it only made her cry louder and grip him tighter. "Rin!" he said sharply, and he crooking his finger under her chin, he tilted her face up to look at him. "Compose yourself."

Rin swallowed her tears and her body shook with silent sobs as she tried hard to comply. "Please let me stay with you..." she said softly. "I'll be good, I promise. I'll do whatever you want except stay here. If you leave me here, I'll die! Please, Sesshomaru-sama....please take me with you..."

Closing his eyes, he let her chin go, as he tried to clearly think things over, but her sobbing was proving to be too much of a distraction. Hoping he had made the right decision, for he hated the idea of replacing one "disaster" with another, he quietly acquiesced to her demands. "Fine, you may stay," he said softly. He was pleased she brightened considerably, although her tears still puzzled him. "Why are you still crying, Rin, this Sesshomaru said you could stay."

"Because I'm happy..." she sniffed.

"Happy?" He quirked an eyebrow at her and she nodded as she moved away to wipe the tears from her face.

"Yes." She nodded. "I'm glad you're letting me stay with you and I promise you won't regret it, Sesshomaru-sama."

He nodded and turned away to leave without a backwards glance.

"Come, Jaken-sama, before Sesshomaru-sama leaves us behind!" Rin called out. She waited for the little toad to catch up. They hurried off after the taiyoukai, Rin excitedly answering Jaken's questions as they too disappeared from sight.

Inuyasha stood there shaking his head. "He's in trouble now," he chuckled.

"What do you mean 'in trouble'; I think he's in love." Kagome giggled as they turned to go.

"Exactly!" Inuyasha smirked. "And what's number one on Sesshomaru's list of disasters and huge trouble?"

They looked at each other and laughed.

"Falling in love with a human?" Kagome said with a smile as her mate nodded.

"Yup," Inuyasha said, his amused expression going suddenly sober. "Oh hell!" he swore.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just realized that wasn't the end of the tears..."

"Poor Rin-chan..." Kagome said softly.

"Not Rin; my brother." Inuyasha sighed. "I can almost, but not quite, feel sorry for the bastard. He's going to get everything he deserves and then some."

"Inuyasha!" Kagome said as they turned down the path leading to their home. "That's terrible!"

"I know!" He grinned wickedly at her. "Damn!" he swore. "Karma really does bite you on the ass when you're not looking!"

Later on that evening, Sesshomaru came to pretty much the same conclusion as looked down to see Rin snuggled up next to him. He had spent his time brooding about the situation as he tried unsuccessfully to convince himself he would not end up like his father. As the night headed towards day, he realized one thing; he was happy she had stopped crying, for if there was one thing he hated above all else, it was seeing her cry...
Sign up to rate and review this story