Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Tears

Proposal

by kirayasha 0 reviews

Collection of one-shots based on Live journal's 30 Tears community. These center around the pairing of Sesshomaru and Rin.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Rin, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-12-24 - Updated: 2006-12-24 - 1429 words

0Unrated
Proposal (Tears #2)

By kira

Author's note: Live Journal action of a different sort, featuring Sesshomaru and Rin. This time it's tears...

Please also note that this fic contains implied lolicon or underage girl/older man pairing...


"Sesshomaru-sama, is everything alright?" Rin asked. Several times that day her beloved taiyoukai had opened his mouth as if to say something to her before he just as quickly closed it. As amusing as it was to see him somewhat unnerved by something, it was also puzzling, and Rin was starting to become alarmed by his behavior the more he did it. "Sesshomaru-sama?"

"Yes... Everything is fine with this Sesshomaru. Why?"

"Well, you look as though something is worrying you..." she said softly.

Sesshomaru frowned. "Nothing is worrying this Sesshomaru and he thanks you for his concern."

"Good... because you had me worried there." Rin sighed in relief.

"This Sesshomaru is sorry he worried you."

"All is forgiven!" Standing on her toes, Rin kissed him on the cheek, laughing at the ghost of his smile.

"Rin, this Sesshomaru has something he wishes to ask you."

Rin smiled. "Go ahead and ask."

Sesshomaru nodded and just like before, he opened his mouth several times before quickly closing it.

"Well...?" Rin asked; her voice trailing off into a giggle. "Are you sure you have something you wish to ask me?"

Sesshomaru sighed. "Yes. This Sesshomaru wants to know..." he trailed off helplessly.

Rin laughed. "What?" She smiled impishly at him.

Sesshomaru frowned as he stared at point about a hand's breadth above her head. Swallowing in an effort to compose himself, he decided to just jump in and ask her before he lost his nerve again. Since he was unaccustomed to feeling so helpless, it made him feel afraid and hesitant to go on. But why he should feel that way, and of a fourteen year old girl he spent half her lifetime with, was a mystery he did not have the luxury of time to figure out. He stared off into space for several minutes until he realized he had better say something, and quickly. So for a lack of anything better, he simply blurted it out, "Rinwillyoubemywoman?" His words tumbled out of his mouth in an incoherent rush as a painful look settled over his features. For one brief horrifying moment Sesshomaru felt himself dangerously close to shedding tears of frustration as Rin stared up at him in confusion.

"Hunh?" she said softly, her forehead creasing as she stared at him blankly.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Sesshomaru tried again, this time a bit more slowly. "Rin," he said, looking her eye, and this time he reached out and gently cupped her cheek. Rin leaned her head into his caress and Sesshomaru, deeply breathed in her scent, drawing strength from it. "Will you be my woman?" he finished softly, although he was unprepared for her reaction. Rin's smile quickly turned into laughter.

"But I already am your woman, silly Sesshomaru-sama!" She laughed; her eyes bright with unshed tears of amusement until she saw the hurt look on his face. "I'm sorry, Sesshomaru-sama. Did I say something or do something bad that's upset you? I didn't mean to..."

"No..." he said softly as he slipped his mask of indifference over his features.

When it looked as though he was going to walk away from her, Rin felt a tremor of fear run through her. "I'm sorry, Sesshomaru-sama. Forgive me for laughing at you... I thought you were being silly and joking around with me like Jaken-sama used to do..." Rin sniffed as she blinked back her tears. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize what you were asking me... please give me another chance...please," she pleaded as the tears ran down her cheeks. Not that I really understand what it is you want, Sesshomaru-sama...

Sesshomaru looked away from her, cursing himself for making her cry. Ever since he had gone down into the depths of hell to rescue her, she became all the more precious to him when it seemed as though he had lost her forever. Because of that, he indulged her as best he could, trying his best to make her happy at his own expense, and if there was one thing he hated above all else, it was seeing her cry. "It's okay," he said softly, reaching out and drawing her close. He held her in a way he had not in several years, as she cried herself out, although this time, instead of chasing away imaginary wolves that threatened to eat her, he simply assured that he was not in the least bit angry or upset with her.

When she had calmed down, he shifted slightly away from her, but as he did so, he cupped her chin and lifted her face up to look at his own. Smiling ever so slightly, and pleased when she returned it, Sesshomaru, let go of chin and gently wiped her tears away with his fingers. "Rin," he said softly. "Will you be my woman? And forsake the company of all others to be with this Sesshomaru only?"

"Yes..." she said just as softly, and tilting her face upwards, she met him halfway in a kiss.

Breaking the kiss, Sesshomaru pulled her close. "Thank you, Rin-chan," he whispered, and leaning his head towards her, he nuzzled the top of her head with his cheek, "You have made this Sesshomaru very happy."

"You're welcome... I hope I've made you as happy as you've made me..."

"This Sesshomaru believes you have..."

Rin hugged him as she thought things over. "Sesshomaru-sama...? Now that I really am your woman, what do I do?" she asked innocently.

Taken aback as he realized he was loathed to shatter her innocence, Sesshomaru said, "This Sesshomaru will show you later." Much later...like when you're older and really and truly understand what this means. "But he wants you to know, that it will take time for him to teach you all the things you will need to know and that above all else you must have patience."

"Okay..."

"Good," he said softly and when she smiled he knew he had made the right decision. "Come, this Sesshomaru feels we have lingered far too long in this place..."

"You're right! Poor Jaken-sama must be sick with worry as we're not where we said we would be!" Rin cried as she looked up at him and smiled impishly.

"Rin," Sesshomaru said with a sigh.

"Yes?"

"This Sesshomaru feels it would be better if you refrained from telling Jaken you're this Sesshomaru's woman. It would create unnecessary problems."

"Yes...but why? I would think Jaken-sama would be very happy about it." Rin gave him a puzzled look.

"Trust this Sesshomaru when he tells you it would be," he said softly and Rin nodded in agreement.

She sighed happily as she fell into step beside him, lost in thought about her position as her beloved taiyoukai's woman. Rin longed to question Sesshomaru further about what it all meant, as she wondered why he chose that moment to come to her with his odd proposal. At fourteen, she should have known exactly what he had meant and been excited by the prospect of marriage, but she had lived an oddly sheltered, yet worldly life and was painfully ignorant of the things most girls her age dreamed of. Still, she was not as ignorant as Sesshomaru thought she was, for she had come to see him not as someone who would protect and chase her fears away, but someone who was pleasant to look at and Rin often spent the day dreaming about what it would be like to kiss him, and why he made her feel so weak and warm and fuzzy all over at the same time whenever he would casually brush past her. Even the sound of his voice made her feel that way and sighing again; she leaned into him as they walked back to where they were supposed to have waited for Jaken's return.

Feeling the warmth of her face as it rested on the stump of his left arm, Sesshomaru was pleased he had asked her to be his woman and that she had accepted. Listening to her soft sighs as they walked along, he realized he probably was not going to have to wait as long as he feared before he finally took her maidenhead. Pleased with the thought of the future outcome of his proposal, Sesshomaru lifted the remains of his arm as Rin moved to slip her own arm around him...
Sign up to rate and review this story