Categories > TV > House > Rebel Yell

Chapter 3

by wooster182 2 reviews

More House/Cam drama. Who's the guy?

Category: House - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Allison Cameron, Gregory House - Published: 2006-12-25 - Updated: 2006-12-26 - 663 words

2Exciting
Chapter 3

House's body began to hum back to life. Before he opened his eyes, he wanted to savor the memories of his dreams about Cameron. He had dreamt that she stayed by his bedside for two days. There was also an interesting bit with a mechanical surgeon. That was his personal favorite. He would almost bet his bike on the fact that Cameron would be there when he opened his eyes. He was looking forward to that smile he had only hallucinated, but he wanted to mess with her first.

With his eyes still closed, he said, "Ooh, you know I love that little nurse's outfit you have with 'Get Well Soon' embroidered on the butt, but you really shouldn't have worn it to the hospital. That's highly inappropriate."

"But I thought it would make you feel all better," the person next to him cooed.

His eyes shot open. The only person in the room besides himself was Foreman. The thought of Foreman in a kinky nurse's outfit made him wish someone would shoot him again.

Foreman smiled at him as he checked his vitals and pupils. "How's the leg?"

House scowled. "Hurts like hell. Apparently ketamine sucks."

Foreman replied, "Well, it sucks for you anyway. I'm sorry, House." He reverently looked down at him, waiting for a response.

House's agitation was increasing. "Just give me some morphine or something." He waited a tick and then casually asked if Cameron or Chase had shown up for work today.

Foreman silently chuckled at the fake interest in Chase. He knew what House wanted to know, but Cameron made everyone swear not to tell House she had stayed there for three days. Instead Foreman said, "Chase is upstairs gathering a family history and Cameron took a personal day today."

House harrumphed. She took the bloody day off and didn't come to see me? he thought. Guess the honeymoon is over...before the wedding even happened!

.......................

Cameron had stayed at her apartment the entire day. She had told him the night before in House's hospital room that she needed to figure some things out before she gave him an answer. The truth was she needed to figure House out.

She called him. Within twenty minutes, the man was there. They sat down on her couch. She took a deep breath. "I like you. And I think there could be something here, but..."

"House," he interrupted, noticeably agitated.

She shook her head in agreement. "I have to talk to him before I do anything. As soon as he wakes up, I'll talk to him. You'll have your answer as soon as I have mine."

He stood up to leave. "You should talk to him, but there is one thing you should know. I don't like you."

Cameron's eyes swam with confusion. That confusion was about to turn to anger if he didn't explain himself.

"I love you, Allison."

Her usually set jaw dropped. She started to get off the couch, but he stayed her. "I know you feel more for House than you do me right now. But give me a chance and I can show you that you aren't missing anything with that guy," he said. His voice almost hummed as he spoke. She was stunned, but proud of his declaration.

He smiled at her. Like lightning, he reached down for her before she knew it and kissed her soundly yet softly on the lips. "I mean what I say, Allison," he whispered. "I love you."

The phone rang just as she was contemplating kissing him back. "Hold on," she laughed, grinning nervously. She picked up the phone and listened intently. With her free arm, she rubbed her neck. Her brow furrowed, she licked her lips. "Okay, thanks," she stated to the other line. Hanging up, she faced the man she had just kissed. Cameron found she couldn't directly look at him. Noticing he wore nice shoes, she stammered, "That was Foreman. House is awake."

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story