Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Sinister Secrets

A Shocking Revelation

by slickboy444 2 reviews

Major Rogue/Remy & Scott/Jean. Life has grown hard for Remy LeBeau. The Acolytes have disbanded, he is in exile from his home, and sombody has placed a large bounty on his head by a mysterious indi...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Cyclops - Published: 2005-08-08 - Updated: 2005-08-08 - 3843 words

0Unrated
Sinister Secrets
Chapter 5: A Shocking Revelation


************************************************

Jean just looked over the stunning data again and again...Not believing in what she was seeing. It was a dizzying feeling, learning about something so strange and...Well, unexpected. She was worried, but mostly for her fiancé, Scott. She didn't know how he was going to take this...She didn't know how anyone could ever take something like this. Scott had already had his world destroyed once as a kid...And now this may end up doing it all over again. Jean knew that he still struggled with the plane crash, his parents, and his harsh life before he came to the institute. She often had his nightmares and they were never pleasant to say the least. She didn't know how she was going to tell Scott...She didn't know how he would accept this.

As Jean stayed lost in her thoughts, Professor Xavier wheeled himself in to the room. There was a stoic expression on his face as he looked back towards his one time pupil with a great deal of anxiety.

"Did you find what you needed?" asked Jean in a somewhat hoarse voice.

"Yes...I'm afraid that the data was true...And I have the proof."

A heavy silence fell upon them as they both tried to consider what kind of impact this revelation would have. They had overlooked this information for too long...But now that they knew it...And confirmed it...It was unclear what should be done next.

"So what do we do now?" asked Jean.

Professor Charles Xavier simply sighed as he contemplated how this was going to happen. Scott was his first student and he had special place for him in his heart. And having to reveal something that was going to turn his world upside down again was just too hard to think about. But it had to be done...There was no ignoring this.

"We'll have to tell him Jean...Scott has a right to know. He has a right to know who he is. I'll go fetch him."

"No, wait Professor...Let me get him. I...I want to be here to tell him," said Jean as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Are you sure Jean?" asked the Professor wearily, hoping she was certain about this.

"I'm sure Professor," said Jean, not having to think too much about her response, "If it concern's Scott...I want to be there. You know I love him...And I want to help him through this as best I can."

Xavier knew this wasn't going to be easy, but from the looks it Jean had no intention of sitting this one out.

"Very well then...Have him meet us in the main control room."

"Okay...Thank you Professor," said Jean, who felt that it was her duty to reveal this to Scott since she had been the one to discover it in the first place.

"Okay my dear...Hank and I will be waiting in the other room. Just remember...I won't blame you if you change your mind about this."

"No...I have to do it Professor...If for anything, I have to do it for Scott," assured Jean, making it clear that she was going to stay with this through the end.

The Professor simply nodded as he left her to call her fiancé.

'Scott...Scott are you there?' sent Jean through their link.

'Jean? Where are you? Are you still cooped up in the lab? I thought you wanted this to be a vacation,' said Scott back, not knowing the gravity of the situation.

'Scott...The Professor, Hank, and I need you to come down to the lab.'

There was a noticeable amount of distress in her tone. And while Jean tried to hide it, Scott still picked up on it.

'Why Jean...What's wrong? You sound a little stressed.'

'I'm fine...It's nothing really just...'

'Jean come on, I know you. Something's wrong...Please, tell me,' said Scott as his concern grew.

Jean hesitated as she struggled to get the right words out, but she knew that this had to be done...

'Please...Just come down to the lab Scott...There's something you should really know.'

Scott was about to respond...But before he could, Jean closed the link. Now all he could do was go down to meet her...And see for himself what was so deeply troubling to her.

************************************************

His breathing was labored and his head was throbbing. He didn't know where he was or how he had gotten there. Remy LeBeau was now in a state of pure confusion as he opened his eyes and saw the blurry images of the room around him. The fluorescent lights were bright and the room was cold and cramped. He had been lying on a small, metal bed with limited padding and no warmth. The room was like a prison cell, for there were no windows, only small vents, and ominous lighting.

"Where in the hell am I?" said Remy as he sat up and looked around at his new surroundings.

He noticed that there was a second bed off to the side of him, hinting that this room was meant for two people instead of one. And he was stuck in here behind a heavy metal door. He attempted to reach in to his pockets to get a card to blast himself out...But he soon found out that his hands were bound behind his back and every card he had was gone. Then, before he could do anything else...A strange, translucent hologram appeared before him. It was the image of the man that had bought him here...Sinister.

"Don't bother searching Remy, I hold all the cards now," said the strange hologram with a snide grin. "Besides...They wouldn't do you any good. That collar around your neck dampens your powers...So don't try anything!"

Remy then realized the tight feeling he had around his neck and he was right about the collar. He struggled to break free from his confinement, but this merely amused Sinister as his hologram stood before the trapped Cajun.

"What do you want from me?! Why did you take me here?! Why?!" yelled Gambit angrily.

The image of Mr. Sinister just laughed again as the bewildered mutant just looked back at him with so much uncertainty.

"Remy, Remy, Remy...I have been waiting for this day for many years. You could never in a dozen lifetimes understand the kind of time and commitment that I dedicate towards my ultimate goal. Now this moment has finally come. It's true that I placed that bounty upon your head over a year ago...But it was simply to make sure that you were everything I had hoped. I set the whole thing up as a little 'game' to test your ability to evade capture and fight off would-be aggressors. And guess what? You passed with flying colors!"

"But...Why? Why would you want somebody like me? What did I ever do to you?" said Remy as he took in this new information.

The snide grin on Sinister's face only grew wider as he looked in to the young mutant's eyes.

"I did it...Because of who you are Remy..."

"What do you mean?" asked Remy who was now more curious than ever as to why this man would want him.

"I know something about you Remy...Something you could never have figured out even if you lived to be older than me. I know a little secret about you Remy...And it's time you know the truth..."

************************************************

Rogue's concern for Remy only grew as she sped along in her car at speeds in excess of over 100 miles per hour. That strange man that took Remy was no ordinary guy...He was definitely a mutant of some kind. But that's not what worried her...What worried her were the strange words that this man had said about Remy. He said that there was something about him that she didn't understand...Something big that this dark man who called himself Sinister knew. Whatever it was, she had to find him...She had to get him back. There was no telling what this heinous man would do to him and Rogue wasn't eager to find out. As she pulled in towards the institute, her thoughts drifted back towards Remy. He was about to say something to her before Sinister interrupted them...Something important. She had wanted to tell him how much he meant to her and that she felt she was falling in love with him...But now she may never get that chance. However, she had to try...Remy meant more to her than she ever could have imagined...And it was up to her to bring him back.

'Please be okay Remy...I promise I'm comin' for ya. I know ya don't want me gettin' involved with yer bad luck...But I need ya...And I don't wanna lose ya. Just hang on Remy...Just hang on.'

************************************************

Scott exited the elevator and headed towards the main computer room with many mixed feelings welling up inside him. He didn't know what to expect as he prepared to confront Jean, Hank, and the Professor. He hadn't failed to notice the tone in Jean's voice when she contacted him and he hadn't failed to sense her emotions either. Whatever they had to tell him, it was most definitely something major. He took a deep breath as he prepared to find out as he entered the main computer room and headed towards the area where the blood analyzer was still working.

"You guys wanted to see me about something?" asked Scott as he approached them.

He noticed that all three of them had strange, bewildered looks on their faces. Yet they remained stoic in spite of whatever they had discovered. This only made Scott more anxious as he prepared to hear them out.

"Yes Scott...I'm afraid a rather pressing issue has come up...One that concerns you," said Xavier.

"What about me? Should I sit down for this one?" asked Scott as his concern grew.

"I...Don't think that would help here Scott," said Hank as he looked over a cluster of papers for what seemed to be the tenth time.

"Okay, so what's this about? What's going on?" said Scott as he began to lose his calm.

The Professor took a deep breath as he began to explain this seemingly unbelievable situation.

"As you know Scott...Hank and I have been working on this knew blood analyzer for some time now. With it, we hoped to gain the ability to analyze, sequence, and cross-reference the blood of anybody, human, or mutant at far greater speeds than other devices like it. And as fate would have it, you were the first to test it with a blood sample of your own."

"I know this, but I've had blood tests before. Why should this be any different?" asked Scott who was beginning to get frustrated.

"That may be so Scott...But I'm afraid that your previous tests don't matter much in this case."

"Why not? What's going on here? Is something wrong with me?! Am I sick?! Am I going to die or something?!" exclaimed Scott.

"Calm down Scott," said Jean as she placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, which seemed to calm him down somewhat, "You're not sick. You're as healthy as you've ever been. But in running your blood through this machine...We discovered something that...Well, may kind of shock you."

Scott was about to say something in response...But he couldn't get the right words out. His mind was now shot as he tried to determine what they could have discovered that would be so shocking.

"Tell me Scott...Of what can you recall about your family? I mean...Before the plane crash?" said Hank, knowing Scott was definitely eager to know now.

Scott hadn't expected that. He hadn't spoken much about his family before. Only the Professor and Jean knew the real details because it was always so hard for him to talk about. But if they did know, then why would they ask him? Scott had no idea where this was going...But he answered in hopes of finding out exactly what was causing so much chaos.

"My family? Why do you want to know about them? I was born, they raised me, I watched them die in a plane crash...End of story," said Scott as his voice began to crack under the mention of his family.

"So...They never talked to you about...Where you came from or showed you a birth certificate or anything?" asked Xavier, trying not to upset him too much even though it was clear that Scott was starting to feel more and more uneasy about this conversation.

Jean did her best to console him, but whenever it involved something like his dead family...She could only do so much. And once he learned what they had discovered, it would only get more complicated.

"No...I don't remember them ever mentioning my birth certificate or anything...But I was only eight. Why? What's this about?!"

There was no turning back now...They had to tell Scott the truth. He had a right to know...They only feared his reaction.

Hank McCoy looked at the Professor briefly, who in turn simply nodded his head, for he already knew what he was about to ask simply by the look on his face. With a great sense of uncertainty, Hank handed the Professor a rather thick folder. Xavier then proceeded to take a deep breath as he began to explain what had been so shocking to him and his colleagues.

"While running your blood through the analyzer, everything went normally at first. Your blood proved you to be in fine health and provided a lot of new data about the nature of your mutation...But I'm afraid that it's not the blood itself that's the problem."

"What do you mean?" asked Scott wearily, unsure if he wanted to hear the answer.

"The issue arose when Jean ran the complex cross-referencing program that takes the genetic code of your DNA and matches it up with hundreds of databases throughout the country including our own. And in doing so we noticed something...Strange."

Then, the Professor took out a couple of sheets of paper that looked like hospital records. A brief pause came over him as he looked at the data once more, even though he knew there was no way getting around the truth it told.

"At first we thought it was an error, so we reran the program several times. But we kept getting the same result. We tried debugging the software...And still, we got the same result. Then, we realized that this was no error...This was truth. And after much database hacking and searching of old records...We found the proof which I now hold in my hand."

The Professor then proceeded to hand the papers to Scott for him to look over. Upon seeing them he quickly identified them as blood matching data from the machine...And as he looked at it his face grew pale with shock.

"When we ran the program, we expected your blood to be matched with that of Alex whom we have registered in our database and your parents whom still have blood records in old hospital files that we had to uncover. The program was fashioned to trace your family bloodline...But every time we ran the software, it didn't recognize you as a match for any of them. Not one member of your family shared any genetic match with you. We kept trying and retrying, but no matter what we did it always ended the same. Scott...Alex, is not your biological brother...And Christopher and Katherine Summers...Were not your biological parents."

Scott felt as if someone just knocked all the air out of his lungs. He as thought someone had just taken everything he knew about himself and crushed it in to millions of little pieces. He just looked at the result papers again and again, knowing fully well how to read thanks to Jean. He just couldn't believe it...It didn't seem possible.

"But...If they weren't...How..." but Scott couldn't get the right words out as he struggled to understand the gravity of the situation.

"I looked into it further Scott...And found something else within an old computer archive in Alaska."

Scott looked back at his mentor with an expression of unparalleled confusion. Jean felt every bit of the turmoil her fiancé was experiencing and wished that she could do something...But unfortunately, it wasn't over quite yet.

"22 years ago...An infant baby boy no more than 4 months old was left on the doorstep of Christopher and Katherine Summers. The baby was weak and undernourished, so they took it to the hospital. Over the next few days the authorities tried to find out where the baby came from and who it belonged to...But they found absolutely nothing. And not wanting to send the baby to an orphanage...Christopher and Katherine Summers adopted the child as their own. They named him, cared for him, and raised him even after they had Alex. Scott...That baby...Was you."

Scott tried to swallow the huge lump in his throat as countless emotions surged through his head. He didn't want to believe this...It didn't seem possible. The people who he thought were his real parents...Were never really his by blood. An overwhelming feeling of isolation soon gripped Scott as he felt the weight of this revelation press down upon him with ever greater force.

"No...I...This can't be true!" said Scott as he started to choke on his own words.

Professor Charles Xavier was forced to look in to the pained eyes of his first student as he tried to process what he was being told. But as hard as this was...It didn't change the fact that every bit of it...Was true.

"I'm sorry Scott...But it is," said the Professor somewhat solemnly as he handed him another piece of paper, "We uncovered the record of the adoption papers. It's true Scott..."

Scott read and reread the paper over and over again. He couldn't believe his eyes as he read over every word of it in order for it actually sink in. The paper showed the name that they had given him, the manner in which they found him, and the final signatures that sealed the truth. Scott Summers started to feel lightheaded and disoriented as his mind struggled to process what he had just been told. However, they weren't done just quite yet.

"I know this is a lot for you to take in my friend...But I'm afraid there's more," said Hank.

Scott then looked up from the paper as his face grew paler in anticipation for what more they could reveal. His world was already in turmoil, yet there was still one more secret that he was about to learn that would only add to his growing sense of shock.

"More?" asked Scott in a hoarse tone as an uneasy feeling continue to grow in the pit of his stomach.

"Yes..." replied the Professor, "On that same day 22 years ago...Another baby around the same age was left in front of a door in a completely separate part of the country. That baby went through the same ordeal as you...And that baby...Is your only blood relative."

As shocked as he was already, a new feeling of bewilderment began to arise within him as his thoughts to the identity of this other baby began to torment his mind. The Professor was about to go on, but this time Jean took over...For she was tired of staying silent. This last part would be one of the most difficult...And she wanted to be the one to tell him.

"We ran the program over a dozen times Scott...But no matter what we did the same result kept coming up. It only matches you with one other person as your only blood relative. And that second baby that was left on a doorstop the same as you...Is the only sibling you have."

Scott looked back on to the eyes of his fiancé with an unparalleled amount of anxiety. Part of him wanted to know...Part of him didn't. But either way he would learn the truth...Because it now festered like a splinter in his mind. He swallowed hard, unsure of what he was about to discover...But had no intentions of leaving as he awaited Jean's words.

"Then...Who was that other baby? Do you know? Who is my only blood relative?" asked Scott as he strained himself to get the words out.

This was the part that Jean had feared. Scott had lost his family once before, now he was losing them again in a way that was almost just as bad. Now, there was only one other person on the face of this planet that shared his blood...And he had to know.

"Yes Scott...We know," said Jean softly as his attention was now completely focused on her and what she had to say. "That other baby, who was left on a doorstep in the same way you were, is your only living relative. The database that contained the information was right here at the institute...We just overlooked it. And it's a match. Scott...That baby...Is your biological brother...And his name...Is Remy LeBeau."

************************************************

AN: I have a bad feeling that I am going to get so much hate mail for this that it's not even funny. I know that some of you saw it coming...But I just wanted to keep it a secret until I revealed it myself. But that's the way the story is...Scott and Remy are biological brothers in this universe. I know some of you may hate the idea, but I wanted to go with it. The idea has been floating around in my head for a while. I noticed that after the episode of Evolution called "Cajun Spice" that they both had similar body builds, similar hair and skin tone, and both had mutations that affected their eyes and involve energy. I know my logic is kind of messed up, but I just wanted to tell an interesting story. So what do you all think so far? Did this chapter surprise you? I'd love to know what you think! Please send your feedback to me via email or post it on the fanfiction website! I'm open to all criticism...But please be gentle on this one. Thank you so much for reading my story! I wish you all the best and I try hard to update soon!

PLEASE REVIEW!!! THE MORE I GET THE FASTER I'LL UPDATE!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story