Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Independence Day

At the Grangers

by tumshie1960 6 reviews

The third chapter things start to move between Harry and Hermione

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!!] [?] [X] - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-30 - 2545 words

5Ambiance
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and other canon characters belong to JKR I'm only having some fun
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and other canon characters belong to JKR I'm only having some fun



Chapter 3: At the Grangers



By 9:30 a.m. the Dursleys had abandoned their home for the day. Harry had dressed in some of his father's old clothes, a pair of Levi's and a Gryffindor Quidditch Team t-shirt. He wore a baseball cap with the legend 'Marauders' stitched across the front pulled down to cover his scar. In his mother's trunk he had found a baby-sized red and gold windcheater with Prongs Jnr. embroidered on the left-hand breast. He had managed to expand it to fit him and wore it with pride.



Harry stepped out onto the roof of the house and mounted the broom he had found shrunk in his father's trunk, he covered himself and the broom with his invisibility cloak and flew off to the woods on the outskirts of town. He had chosen this place as he knew that the only people regularly in the woods were the local junkies and alcoholics. If any of them were to see him and report what they saw they would be reckoned to be hallucinating or on a bad trip.



Dismounting the broom he shrunk it and placed it and his invisibility cloak in his backpack. He held out his wand hand and shouted "Taxi". As promised in the advert a taxi appeared next to him, he got in and gave the driver the address he wanted. After about five minutes the taxi drew up outside Hermione's house and Harry paid his fare and got out.



Harry stood back and looked up at the house, he was aware that Hermione's parents were fairly well off but he hadn't expected this, the house was built in the Mock-Tudor style and sat in at least a hectare of land. He stepped up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Before he knew it he was almost knocked off his feet as Hermione pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.



The friends said hi to each other as Hermione held him in the hug.



"Let the poor boy breathe" he heard from inside the house. "Hi, I'm Jill Granger, Hermione's mum, please come in."



"Hi, I'm Harry, thanks for letting me visit, and thanks for taking time to talk with me, Mrs. Granger."



"You're welcome, Harry, actually Roger and myself are taking some time off to spend with Hermione, this week all we had planned was lazing around the house and catching up on the gossip. And please, call me Jill, Mrs. Granger makes me sound like my mother-in-law."



While Harry had been talking he was taking in the clothes that Hermione was wearing. She had planned her 'make Harry notice me' outfit with all her usual attention for detail. She was wearing a white v-neck t-shirt which showed the cleavage created by her half-cup bra to full advantage, the fact that it was a size too small was very deliberate and it clung to her like a second skin. She also wore a black micro-mini and a pair of sandals with a two-inch heel. Very deliberately she bent over and picked a book she had planted off the floor, giving Harry a quick flash of her knickers.



To say Harry was surprised was an understatement, he had watched Lavender Brown use the same tactics on various boys over the last two years. He didn't expect it from Hermione, who normally wore knee-length or longer skirts and very conservative tops. He'd had an inkling that Hermione liked him, especially from the goodbye kiss at Kings Cross, and the enthusiastic greeting had raised his hopes. 'It's going to be interesting this summer, especially if I can wangle some more visits when her parents aren't here.'



Hermione took in what Harry was wearing, the jeans were a better fit than what he normally wore and the t-shirt though faded, interested her, there had been no team shirts since they had started at Hogwarts, then she noticed the logo on his cap and the embroidery on his jacket and thought she would ask about them later.



Jill Granger led Harry through to the kitchen pointing out the ground-floor toilet on the way, "We're late risers when we're on holiday, we'll have some breakfast and then talk about what you want. After that you and Hermione can spend the rest of the day relaxing, is that okay?"



Harry nodded, he could see where Hermione got her 'bossy' nature, it wasn't really bossy, just everything planned out.



Hermione's dad brought the breakfast he had been cooking over from the stove and dished it out. "Hi, I'm Roger, I asked Hermione what your favourite breakfast foods were, so I hope you enjoy it."



"Thanks." Replied Harry.



It took him all his will power to not do a 'Ron' and bolt down his food but his hunger still had him clearing his plate quickly. Unfortunately eating so much food so quickly after the meagre rations and a two-day fast caused his stomach to rebel. With a quick "Excuse me" he made his way to the toilet and promptly deposited his breakfast in the toilet bowl.



He passed out for a moment and woke to see the Grangers standing over him with concerned looks on their faces. Hermione handed him a glass of water and he rinsed out his mouth.



"Sorry, I haven't been feeling like eating much since the holiday started, I guess I over did it."



Hermione knew he was lying but didn't call him on it, her mother however realised that something must be wrong, she hadn't missed the blood staining the vomit, she excused herself and went and made a quick phone-call to friend who was a nutritionist.



Hermione led Harry through to the den, it was a nicely furnished room with a matching pair of love-seats which sat facing each other, Hermione sat Harry down on one and sat beside him. Jill Granger came back from the kitchen with her husband and handed Harry a glass of juice.



"This is a high vitamin drink, Harry, drink it slowly, it will also help replace the fluids you lost being sick."



"Thank you, I'm sorry I wasted your food."



"Thank you, Harry, but you don't need to apologise, these things can't be helped, now are you ready to talk about what's bothering you?"



Harry took a deep breath and began his tale. "Before I start I need to apologise again, I lied to you when I said that Professor Dumbledore said I could phone and visit if you said it was okay, he is part of the problem I have."



"Harry, Professor Dumbledore told everyone that we could only write to you if you wrote first." said Hermione.



"He told me I could only write to the Order, and that I couldn't use Hedwig, I sent Hedwig with a letter when I got home and he sent back a school owl. I am really starting to hate that old git."



He heard Hermione's sharp intake of breath at his description of Dumbledore and started to explain what had happened since he had returned from school, leaving out the lack of food and the punches the previous evening. He handed his father's letter over to Jill and Roger, and let Hermione read the one from his mother. He watched as the look on the Granger's faces changed from the concerned look from when he had been talking to one of anger, the letters were swapped over and the look of anger on Jill and Roger's faces deepened, he heard a sob and turned to see Hermione was weeping, instinctively he placed his arm round her shoulder and she snuggled in and wept into his shoulder.



With trepidation he handed over his father's Will, all this time not a word passed between them. Roger Granger broke the silence.



"Harry, thank you for trusting us with this, I can see that you're worried because we are angry, our anger is not with you, but with those who have mistreated you. I can see why you needed to talk to someone. The first thing we need to do is go to Gringotts and see someone from the Family Trust Department. Now, how do we contact them?"



Hermione of course knew the answer. For reasons of security Arthur Weasley had bent the rules and had the Granger's fireplace connected to the floo system, but for voice calls only. Hermione gave Harry the floo address and he made the call. When his head stopped spinning and appeared in an office at Gringotts he asked for an appointment to see a solicitor, the earliest available was in three days at eleven in the morning, the Grangers said they would meet with him then.



Harry looked at the clock, it was approaching 12:30, Jill told Hermione to give Harry a quick tour of the house while she prepared some lunch. Harry found himself quite amazed at the house, it had a master bedroom and five others, each one with en-suite facilities, Hermione's room was like a mini library but the décor was more girly than he thought Hermione was.



As if reading his thoughts she said "I haven't redecorated since I was eight, I don't spend enough time here to bother."



Summoning up his courage Harry asked the question he had been dying to ask since her greeting. "Hermione, what's with the new look, I think it really suits you, or you suit it or whatever."



"Thanks, Harry, this is my 'at home' look, but also I wanted you to notice I'm a girl, oh, did I say that last bit out loud?"



"Yes you did and I'm not Ron, I've always noticed you're a girl, after all the Troll found you in the girl's bathroom but the long hair and the fact you nearly always wear a skirt were a dead giveaway. You should dress more casually at school too, you shouldn't hide your wonderful body, and I said that out loud too, didn't I?"



"Yes, you did, and now that you have noticed my wonderful body what are you going to do about it?"



Before the flirting could go any further a shout of "LUNCH" came from the kitchen. Lunch was a clear chicken soup with crusty bread. On advice from her friend, Jill had cooked this clear soup as it would be easy on Harry's stomach. He finished his first bowl and on Jill's advice waited ten minutes, and then had a second helping. After a thirty-minute wait, Hermione led Harry out to their outdoor pool and sent him into a hut to get changed.



Harry exited the hut and quickly got into the pool, he could swim, but wasn't a strong swimmer, he had taken part in the compulsory lessons while at Primary School, but as Dudley wasn't interested in swimming or any form of exercise that didn't involve beating up smaller kids, he hadn't had the chance to improve his limited skills. Not that his aunt and uncle would have allowed him to go swimming anyway. His only venture in swimming since learning, had been during the second task of the Triwizard Tournament.



When Hermione exited her changing hut, Harry was glad he was in the water, the bikini she was wearing more than fulfilled his fantasies and he felt his body reacting. She dived off the edge and swam towards him. The two of them swam around chatting about school and life in general but the flirting from earlier had stopped.



/'Time to move things on' /thought Hermione, she was well aware that the cool water had made her nipples erect and that as soon as she entered the water that her top had gone see through so she deliberately got out and paraded round the pool. Harry's eyes nearly popped from his head when he got an eyeful of Hermione. The time spent swimming around had relaxed him but now his hormones were on full alert.



Hermione noticed the look Harry was giving her and dived into the pool again. As soon as she hit the water she undid her top and let it float free. She swam up to Harry and put her arms round his neck. She felt his erection rub against her and Harry became aware that Hermione's uncovered breasts were pressed against his chest. He said nothing but reached out over her shoulder and grabbed her top as it floated past.



"I think you lost this." he said as he handed her top back to her.



"Help me put it on. " she asked and he did, although how he managed without touching her breasts remained a mystery to Hermione.



At her suggestion they left the pool and lay out on the poolside soaking up the sun. Hermione offered to put sunscreen on Harry which he accepted and then repaid the compliment. The conversation got flirtier each one trying to outdo the other. Harry lay back and drifted off to sleep, Hermione moved closer and put her head on his chest and dozed off. When Harry awoke he realised that he had an unusual weight on his chest and was holding something in his hand, it was warm, round, firm, covered in cloth and had a hard nipple in the centre. Hermione's breast! He started to move his hand away when he felt her hand stopping him.



"That feels good, but I think you should at least have kissed me before you groped me."



Harry removed his hand and looked into Hermione's eyes, a look of lust smouldered within them, "Do you want me to kiss you?" he asked.



Afraid to speak, she just nodded and moved her head forward and captured his lips with hers. Instinctively they deepened the kiss unaware that Hermione's parents were watching them from the house.



"Remind you of anyone?" Jill asked.



"Yeah, us" replied Roger, "I think you need to give her 'the talk' tonight, especially if Harry's going to be visiting more often. Maybe even suggest a visit to the doctor for some contraceptives."



"We've had 'the talk' Hermione's a witch normal contraceptives won't work. She has to either take a potion from one of their apothecaries or cast a spell on herself each time she makes love. I just hope she's more careful than we were."



As they broke the kiss Harry noticed the time. "I need to go, I've got to get back before Vernon gets home I'll see you at Gringotts in three days."



Before he left, Jill gave Harry a selection of high vitamin drinks and advised him to drink two a day. She also handed him a flask of her chicken soup and told him to drink small quantities at regular intervals over the next few hours to allow his stomach to get used to having food in it again.



Harry made the return journey to Privet Drive and was just pulling on one of Dudley's cast-off t-shirts as Vernon's head appeared in the hatch. He threw a bottle of water at Harry and spoke. "New rules Potter, if you don't work you don't eat, see you in two days."
Sign up to rate and review this story