Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > Those Three Words Are My Life

Those Three Words Are My Life

by One_Lame_Ass_Name 1 review

Mike has been in love with Billie Joe since that infamous cafeteria meeting. After twenty-five years, the bassist finally finds the strength to tell him, only to find himself too weak to handle eve...

Category: Green Day - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 516 words

1Moving
I couldn't get that image out of my mind. The two of them. Lying together, their lips attatched as if they were only one person. I had gone over there to tell him, I had spent hours figuring out how to tell Billie I was in love with him. I guess Tre had gotten to him first.

I looked up when I heard the door opening and looked back at the floor right away.

Really great of you to knock, Bill...

"Mikey?" I still didn't look at him, I couldn't. He walked over to the couch and sat down next to me, and I knew he was giving me that look, the same one he had given me when he found me in the bathroom with a razor in highschool, the same one he had given me when my dad had nearly killed me when I told him I was gay. That look that melted me, his eyes were gorgeous enough, when that compassion and love got added in I almost couldn't look at him without kissing him, it had taken all the strength I had not to do anything for all of those years, "Okay, look, I know Tre and I should have told you about us. But, well, okay, we were going to, but we weren't sure how-"

"Wait." I finally looked up at him, those eyes, they could almost make me forget what I was going to say, "How long have you two been together?" That hadn't been the first time? How long had Tre been keeping my Billie from me?

"A few months. I- it- I mean, it isn't a big deal, right? You've never cared that-"

"I don't give a fuck that you're both guys, Billie. You know what."

"I know, but I'm just- what's the problem then? What's wrong?"

I just stared at him, I couldn't tell him, not now, not after I had seen him with Tre...

"Mikey, come on, just tell me what's wrong." He was pleading with me now, and those damn eyes were suddenly filled with concern.

"It's just- I- I..." I trailed off and looked down at the floor, how the fuck was I supposed to tell him? He cupped my chin softly and forced me to look at him, God his hands were soft.....

"Mikey? What the fuck? What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything."

"No I can't." He flinched slightly, and his eyes suddenly filled with tears, I couldn't tell him this, could I?

"What are you talking about? You..." He swallowed and looked away for a second before turning back to me, trying to hide that he was crying, and I couldn't stand hurting him like that, I hated to do it to him, but I couldn't tell him this, "You've always been able to tell me everything."

I looked at him again, I couldn't believe how much I wanted to hold him, never let him go. I reached forward and wiped a tear from his cheek before I leaned in and pressed my lips against his, kissing him softly.
Sign up to rate and review this story