Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

I Came Here By Day

by Cerediwen 4 reviews

MCR meet their new home and Mikey gets freaked

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 829 words

0Unrated
Okay...so I said I'd wait but I was persuaded to update sooner...Anyway hope you enjoy and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! (my 2007 resolution is to finish this fic no matter what)

Disclaimer: Ha! So I don't own My Chem but I do own the genius that is AFI...sighs Ok so I wish...I s'pose I will have to thank them for Silver and Cold and all of my chapter titles sighs

Chapter 1
I came here by day

It wasn't going into hiding, Gerard Way tried to convince himself as he fiddled with the key metal key in the lock of the great oak doors of the mansion, ever so conscious that every eye was fixed upon him. Swearing silently under his breath as the key refused to turn, he finally snapped, ramming his hand hard against the dark wooden door in frustration. There was a hollow boom from inside as the huge door began to slowly swing back on its hinges, the darkness from the hallway inside ebbing out to almost swirl like mist around the band that stood in the house's shadow.
"Well," Ray's voice echoed from behind the rest of the group, his trademark afro visible above everyone but Mikey's heads. "We may as well go in I suppose, if we're gonna that is Gerard."
The vocalist let out an irritated sigh "Course we're going in," He muttered "After all, it's this or the press."
There was a mumbled agreement from the rest of the band, but Mikey still looked unsure "I swear this is a bad idea Gee, something's not right about this place."
Gerard grimaced before turning around to face the rest of the band "Yeah, so something's probably not right with it Mikey, but this is home now, for three months so we may as well learn to like it." He told them, smiling slightly to reassure his younger brother most of all.
"Yeah," Frank said, seeming to be the only one particularly excited by the prospect of spending three months in what looked very much like a haunted house "It'll be fun," He grinned cheesily as he skipped up the few steps to the door and to where Gerard was standing.
"Fine then," Bob said, sounding agitated and slightly cold, even though it was still early afternoon and wouldn't start to get cold for a while yet. "Let's get it over and done with, you first Gerard, your idea."
Gerard sighed resignedly and with a reassuring grin from Frank pushed the door open a little wider and stepped into the hallway, closely followed by the rest of My Chemical Romance.

~~~~~~~~~*~

The hallway was cold and dark and it took a couple of minutes of fumbling around and Frank tripping over Ray's suitcase which he had conveniently dropped in the middle of the frozen marble floor, for them to find the light switch. When at last Mikey did find the switch, there was a low hum for a couple of seconds as the hundreds of tiny bulbs in the huge chandelier that huge above their heads began to glow into life. The hallway they were standing in was revealed to be massive, with a ceiling that seemed to reach up forever, the patterns far above their heads barely recognisable in the still dim glow of the old chandelier. The walls were painted a dull white which was steadily turning grey, but the most amazing thing about the room was the staircase that sloped away from them. Unlike the cold marble floor of the hallway it was covered in a thick looking blood red carpet, which flowed down the grand stairway from the landing above, still coated thickly in shadow. The banisters were dark oak, like the doors and were covered in flaking golden patterns, swirling down to meet the band, huddled in the centre of the marble floor. Mikey was the first to speak after what seemed like an eternity of glancing around at the room and then the smaller details like the antiquities and gloomy looking paintings of old hunting scenes and battles that were dotted around the walls.
"This isn't right." He muttered under his breath but even that echoed and rebounded all around the huge room.
The rest of the band once again mumbled their approval, all apart from Frank who was staring towards the stairs where Gerard's tired form was wandering up to the landing. Frank sighed quietly as he turned back to his friends, who had all followed his gaze to where the vocalist was now disappearing from view down a corridor.
"Don't worry," Bob told the guitarist gently "He'll be ok, the pressures just getting to him."
"This house is getting to me." Mikey muttered darkly, picking his suitcase up from where it lay on the floor.
Ray shrugged "Yeah, same here but that means there's even more reason to find the kitchen. I'm starved and right now pizza and chips is looking pretty good."

~~~~~~*
Sign up to rate and review this story