Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > If Only

Fate

by IWCT 0 reviews

What if Neji snapped before he had a chance to fight Naruto and discover that destiny wasn't set in stone?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Characters: Hanabi, Hinata, Neji - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 402 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: The Hyuuga Clan seems to be eating my brain, I hope Mr. Kishimoto doesn't mind.

Yay for "What If's!" A fairly violent alternate universe drabble, which I present to you with compliments. I hope no Neji fans are offended, I'm not certain of my characterization here.

~~~

Fear hammers in her chest, at the sight of the first broken body. Gousu was a member of the branch family, and his killer has ripped away the head band revealing his green seal.

She runs forward, down the hallway, her silk socks slipping on the lacquered wood. Red seeps through the paper walls from the rooms along this corridor, turning the white any shade from pink to crimson. Nothing has dried yet. Bodies lie in doorways, limp, unmoving, green glaring at her from each head. The curse seal hasn't been activated as it should have been. What has happened to Father?

The main practice courtyard is up ahead. Two people are fighting, but the taller one is obviously winning. She sprints forward, just as the taller shadow in the night darkness thrusts his hand forward, striking the small chest with a horrible crack.

Hanabi skids to a halt as she watches her older sister fall limply, crying out in pain. Starlight washes down on the scene, and silver eyes turn to look at her. She can't feel any murderous intent, the way she knew she should have been able to. She can't feel anything from him.

He steps on Hinata's body, and is rewarded by a piercing shriek and a gurgle, but doesn't seem to care that he has stabbed the broken rib bones into Hinata's lungs, barely missing her soft heart.

"Hanabi-sama, you were out very late," he tells her conversationally.

"Neji-s-s-san," she sounds like Hinata for some reason.

"I was just finishing up some business from the chunin exam preliminaries. I'm leaving now," his voice has no inflection.

She doesn't ask why. Doesn't dare ask why, in case he might stop acting as if everything was normal. Why had she run towards the screams? Why not away, to scream for the Third, and help from experienced jounin?

Neji hasn't move his foot from Hinata's corpse. He looks Hanabi over carefully. "Do you know what fate is in store for you?"

She shakes her head mutely, terrified.

"Itachi was entirely sane," Neji tells her, and then rushes forward: "Sixty-four points of divination!"
Sign up to rate and review this story