Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Pretty Like A Princess

by vulgar_vogue 0 reviews

Minako used to be jealous of Usagi. She was the precious moon princess, and Minako was only a decoy princess. But now she has discovered that she is so much more then a stand in.

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Minako (Venus), Usagi (Moon) - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 500 words - Complete

1Moving
Title: Pretty Like A Princess
Author: vulgar_vogue
Length: one shot
Fandom: Sailor Moon
Pairing/Character: Minako
Disclaimer/Claimer: I do not own Sailor Moon.


Always the bride's maid, never the bride. That is what Minako has felt like that her entire life. She would act like a happy normal girl who obsessed over boys and making herself look pretty, but the truth was that she always felt alone.

As Sailor Venus she was raised that way. She was taught high-class etiquette, and learned how to behave like a princess. Still, she was always told that she was not the princess. She was just the decoy in case something terrible happened to the moon princess. She was the perfect decoy too.

She had long golden hair and beautiful blue eyes. Minako was as pretty as the princess, they could almost be twins, and she acted like a princess too. She even received her own cat just so that she could be more disguised as the princess. But inside Minako didn't feel like a princess.

She would put up her front of being everyone's friend but inside she felt alone. None of the other senshi had to go through what she did.

When the moon princess was born Minako, just like everyone else sworn to protect her, arrived to give the baby princess presents. Although the baby was cute, Minako couldn't help but feel a little angry with the innocent Usagi. Why should she be treated differently from the rest of them? Minako was just as pretty and just as talented. This feeling towards Usagi only grew as she watched the princess grow up. Usagi was a very clumsy girl. She didn't know proper elegance and had no manners what so ever. She was not a perfect princess and yet everyone still worshipped her.

On Minako's tenth birthday her mother gave her a red ribbon and told her that she was her own person, and that even though she was raised to be a decoy princess, Minako was unique and so much ore then just a stand in. She was the princess of Venus.

From that day on Minako always had a red ribbon in her hair. She felt like her own person now. She finally felt like she had grown her own set of wings and was free to fly on the currents of the wind to where ever she wanted to go.

Minako was her own person with a different kind of magic. She didn't have magic like that of a princess, but she had the magic of loving and respecting yourself for who you are. Still, sometimes she would look at the moon and curse it, but this time it was different.

In their past lives they obeyed the courts and society status of their families. Now they were free to be their own people. Minako was free to be herself, and instead of fighting alone to protect the princess, she fought with Usagi to protect the world.
Sign up to rate and review this story