Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I've Seen Love Die - Patrick Stumph

Thirty-Two.

by punkypromqueen

I believe ladies and gentlemen it's time for a wedding.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2007-01-01 - 2366 words

?Blocked
...
Thirty-Two.

It was a beautiful evening for an outdoor wedding, and everything was set up and ready to go except for the bridal party who were of course late. Kate emerged first from the limo. She as well as the other bridesmaids had black tissue taffeta two-piece gowns. The dresses consisted of a strapless top with an ivory wide ribbon belt accenting the natural waist and a full skirt that just barely touched the floor. They looked beautiful, to put it mildly, especially Kate with her hair swept back out of her face and pinned up in a loose bun. Kate tripped slightly on the curb and cursed.
"Oh fuck." She mumbled and Sara laughed at her as she emerged from the limo as well.
"So lady like my love."
"Oh you shut up, we better get inside, we're kind of late." Kate mumbled as she rushed into the massive ivory tent that shielded them from the rest of the wedding. Sara entered and took a deep breath as the wedding planner began rambling off instructions in a heavy French accent. Kate could see that Sara was trying hard to intently listen to the weird man but Kate didn't bother she rolled her eyes and took a peak outside of the tent. She saw her brother stunningly dressed in an all black tuxedo to accent Sara's (/Kate's/) ivory dress. The boys were also dressed in all black the only thing distinguishing them from the groom was their ivory ties, and, well, Patrick's black trucker hat. She could tell her brother was nervous just by the way he was standing, and she smiled. Kate noticed the audience as she scanned the room, it was filled with the randomest group of people she had ever seen. It had people ranging from her grandparents and dad to the members of Panic!, The Academy Is, and Motion City Soundtrack. She quietly laughed but was then surprised when Molly waddled over and tugged on the bottom of her dress, signaling that she wanted to be picked up. It was rather difficult to keep a hold of the infant in her little puffy dress that mirrored Kate's, the only difference was that Molly's had little cap sleeves. Kate kissed her niece on the nose before passing her off to her mother who left the tent to sit in her designated seat on the groom's side. Mrs. Wentz gave her son a quick kiss on the cheek and let him kiss his daughter before actually sitting. It was then that the music started and Kate cursed herself for not listening to the little French man, she put her head back in the tent and turned around. The bridesmaid line was already formed and a now very angry little French man was yelling at her.
"Ok, I'm the Maid of Honor just put me where I go." She yelled over the wedding planner, and he just placed her in the line before Sara and handed her a small bouquet of white roses tied together with black ribbon while yelling profanities in French. As the girl in front of Kate left the tent Kate's nerves grew. Don't trip, don't trip, smile, don't trip. was all she could think as she was finally instructed to make her way down the aisle. Patrick's breath got caught in his throat as soon as he saw her. He shifted the hat on his head, an obvious nervous reflex that caught Andy's eye. Andy responded by tapping his friend in the leg and as non-obvious as he could leaned down and whispered,
"You ok?"
Patrick nodded his head and replied,
"She's so beautiful."
It was then that Sara emerged from the tent escorted by her father. Everyone turned their head to look and Andy let out some kind of a noise and glanced at Joe who also had a confused look on his face. Of course Sara looked exquisite but that was Kate's dress. Only seven people had actually seen in, and they were the only ones who knew that it even existed. Andy and Joe's nervous reactions caught Patrick's eye. Patrick glanced at Andy who just smiled nervously as if to say "yeah I know something, and I can't tell you right now." The wedding of course went on without a hitch and everyone was excited to go into the reception tent. Patrick of course stupidly listened to Pete's fabulous advice and brought a date, and not only was that awkward enough but the members of Fall Out Boy who weren't getting married and the members of Delilah got to sit at the same table, and of course Sara being the good best friend that she is, put Kate at that table instead of at the family table, unaware of Patrick's little friend. Before they sat down however Patrick got a hold of Andy alone.
"What?' Patrick questioned.
"Oh nothing don't worry about it." Andy replied and tried to get away from Patrick before he would actually have to explain him a Joe's reactions. As if on cue Joe walked by the two and Patrick stopped him as well and gave him a look.
"Dude it was so funny that Sara was wearing Kate's dress." Joe laughed unaware that Patrick had no idea about anything. Andy shot Joe a death look and grabbed a hors d'oeuvre from a passing waiter and shoved it in Joe's mouth.
"Huh?" Patrick asked severally confused, and Andy acted as if he had just seen someone he hasn't seen in years.
"Oh wow would you look at that a wedding party." He exclaimed surprised and began to walk away but was stopped by Patrick again.
"What is going on?" Patrick said now aggravated and Andy stopped with a guilty look on his face.
"Look, I promised I wouldn't tell." Andy sighed.
"Well too bad, you brought it up." Patrick responded. Andy sighed once more and glanced at Joe who just shrugged with an innocent look planted on his face and mouth full.
"Pete told Kate that you were going to propose back you know," he paused and Patrick inhaled sharply before Andy continued, "when you were. So she figured that she'd start looking for dresses not thinking that she would actually find one, but she did. She wasn't going to get it but we all convinced her that she should, you know in case it wasn't there when she went back, so she did. But then you never proposed,"
"Dumb ass." Joe threw in and Andy shot him a look before he continued once more.
"And I don't know what happened to Sara's dress, but the one she's wearing is Kate's." Andy finally finished. Patrick took a step backwards and steadied himself with a chair before replying,
"Oh." And walking away. Andy groaned and glared at Joe,
"Now do you see why we never tell you things?"
"Yeah it's a really bad idea dude." Joe replied with his mouth still full. Andy and Joe walked over to their table and took a seat where the name cards told them too. Andy was sitting nicely between Joe and Patrick's date, Patrick was sitting next to his date and Kate, Kate was sitting next to Sam and the list goes on from there. Kate noticed that Patrick looked ill and figured that she'd ask him what his problem was before making him look like an ass in front of his date who was more than unwelcome at the table.
"What's wrong you don't look very well?" Kate whispered, Patrick glanced at her before adjusting his hat and responding,
"Nothing, I'm fine." He gave her a half smile.
"Oh great so then why don't you introduce us to your date whom none of us have met, ever, in our lives, and yet here she is, at my brother's wedding." Kate smiled and rested her head on her clasped hands awaiting a reply. Sam pinched Kate underneath the table and Kate turned to Sam.
"What? Is it wrong that I would like to know who our good friend Patrick has brought to accompany him?"
"I wanna know." Joe threw in mouth still full trying to back up Kate as much as he could without looking like he was abandoning Patrick and Pete's plan. Kate gestured to Joe as if to say "see someone agrees." Patrick sighed and pointed to his date.
"This is Louise. Louise this is everybody." He mumbled and Kate let out a laugh.
"Louise is it?" She questioned with a laugh and the girl nodded.
"Well then, very nice to meet you Louise. I'm Kate." Kate extended a hand to shake, Louise excepted. Andy sat in silence, he couldn't take it anymore he felt as if he needed to even the score, he had told Patrick about Kate's secret so he felt it only fair to tell Kate one of Patrick's secrets.
"It's his cousin." Andy blabbed and closed his eyes in order to avoid the daggers Patrick was shooting in his direction, Joe let out an obnoxious laugh causing the food he was consuming to fly out of his mouth. Only Andy and Pete had known it was his cousin (well cousin's cousin, but who's keeping score here?).
"Wait let me get this straight," Kate held up a hand while trying to hold in her laugh, "you asked your cousin to be your date to the wedding?"
"Cousin's cousin actually that's why you've never met her." Andy blabbed out once more before covering his mouth with his hand to prevent any more secrets from flying out.
"Why?" Kate looked at Patrick who just sat there mortified. He shrugged in response.
"We're you trying to make me jealous or something?" She questioned.
"Well it was working." He raised his voice a tad.
"Are you kidding me?" Kate raised her voice to match his. It was then that Pete motioned for his band to come join him on stage.
"I've gotta go." Patrick mumbled before getting up and following Andy and Joe to the stage. Kate got up and sat next to Sara as her brother started speaking into he microphone.
"OK." Pete started, "Me and the guys have put together something special for my new bride, and I'm going to stop my babbling soon but I just want everyone know that this song is, yes dedicated to Sara of course but I'm pretty sure that it's dedicated to someone else as well, not from me though 'cause that's so many kinds of gross." Pete ran off on his tangent and Andy coughing from his spot on the drum stool brought him back to focus.
"Well I love you and this is for you."
Pete put the microphone back in it's stand and started the bass to 'I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)' by The Proclaimers. Andy followed with the drums and soon Joe with the guitar, and of course Patrick with the rhythm guitar and the vocals (in a non-Scottish accent - if you've ever heard the original song - if you haven't, I encourage you to go listen. It makes me happy.)

When I wake up, well I know I'm gonna be,
I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you.
When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you.
If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you.
And if I haver, hey I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you.

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
To fall down at your door.

When I'm working, yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you.
And when the money, comes in for the work I do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you.
When I come home(When I come home), well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you.
And if I grow old, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you.

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
To fall down at your door.

fa la la (fa la la)
fa la la (fa la la)

fa la la (fa la la)
fa la la (fa la la)

When I'm lonely, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's lonely without you.
And when I'm dreaming, well I know I'm gonna dream
I'm gonna Dream about the time when I'm with you.
When I go out(When I go out), well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you.
And when I come home(When I come home), yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home with you.
I'm gonna be the man who's coming home with you.

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
To fall down at your door.

fa la la (fa la la)
fa la la (fa la la)

fa la la (fa la la)
fa la la (fa la la)

fa la la (fa la la)
fa la la (fa la la)

Da Da Da Dun Diddle Un Diddle Un Diddle Uh Da Da

fa la la (fa la la)
fa la la (fa la la)

And I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
To fall down at your door.


Once Patrick sang the last word to the song Sara rushed to the stage engulfing Pete into a gigantic hug followed by a huge kiss. Once apart Pete laughed into the microphone,
"I'm guessing that she liked it." And everyone who wasn't applauding before was now on their feet clapping at the fabulous job the boys did as well as to congratulate the happy couple.
Sign up to rate and review this story