Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Brother!

Pasta

by JoManta 2 reviews

He didn't like it. He didn't like it when he'd leave like that. Leave before he woke up. It scared him. He didn't want his brother to leave. Leave for forever. He was always afriad. He never wanted...

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ritsuka, Seimei, Soubi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-29 - Updated: 2006-12-30 - 1855 words

0Insightful
Pasta

"Ritsuka. I'm home." Soft cat ears perked up right, large eyes looking up. The child flung his body off the floor and dashed down the hall into the main room.

"Seimei!" The teenager grunted when a body wrapped around him, quickly supporting the boy's bottom so he wouldn't fall. The boy purred happily as he snuggled into the other's curly ebony hair. "I missed you Seimei." The older chuckled, hugging his little brother.

"Missed me? I wasn't gone that long was I?" The boy pulled back, pouting.

"You weren't here when I woke up. I thought you'd left me." Seimei smiled at the boy, ruffling his hair causing the child to laugh.

"I just had something to do early, that's all. I wouldn't leave you Ritsuka." The boy smiled happily up at his brother. Seimei gently lowered him to his feet. Being only eight, he was still quite small. "A friend of mine will be coming over later. I thought you'd like to go shopping with me. We could take some pictures in the park if you'd like."

"Yeah!" Ritsuka jumped up and down happily, his ears twitching. "I'll go get my bag!" Seimei chuckled as his little brother raced back to their room for his stuff. He glanced around at the many photos already pasted on the wall. Most were of them together, another half of single photos. A few were of some friendly venders and neighbors they knew.

He sighed, his smile falling, when his eyes fell on the only picture he didn't care for any more. A picture of Ritsuka...with their mother. He was still very small, only three. But already in the picture he could see his mother's fear in her eyes. That fear had driven them away. "Seimei!" He looked down to see Ritsuka staring up at him curiously. "You're spacing out! Come on!" Ritsuka tugged on his brother's hand impatiently.

"I'm sorry. Let's go then." Ritsuka smiled happily as they left the apartment. "Would you like pasta tonight Ritsuka? We haven't had that in a while."

"Yeah!" Ritsuka kept a firm grip on his older brother's hand. His brother always told him to, though he didn't have a problem with it. "The streets are dangerous if you don't pay attention." Seimei was always right. "So why is your friend coming over Seimei? You never have friends over."

"This is a special friend. I think you'll like him Ritsuka."

"Do you go to school together?" Seimei shook his head as they entered the grocery store.

"No. He's older then me. He'll be finishing high school this year. But there is something I want you to know Ritsuka."

"Mm? Can I have this Seimei?" Seimei nodded and Ritsuka put the treat in the basket.

"My friend doesn't have ears." Ritsuka's cat ears perked as he glanced up at his brother curiously. "I don't want you to ask annoying questions about it so I'm telling you now. My friend doesn't like talking about his ears much." Ritsuka nodded, though he wasn't exactly sure how one lost his ears yet.

The thought stayed in the child's mind as they shopped and took pictures. But when the tall blonde man stood before him in their doorway, all thoughts were replaced with utter awe. The older man smiled down at him. "Hello there. You must be Ritsuka." The child blushed pink as Seimei stepped out from the kitchen.

"Soubi! Ritsuka let him in." The boy jumped, quickly rushing to hide behind his brother's legs. Seimei laughed as Soubi approached. He knelt down, gazing up at Ritsuka now.

"I'm sorry if I scared you Ritsuka. You're very cute." The child's ears twitched against his hair, pointing back as his cheeks burned.

"You didn't scare me. You're just really tall!" Soubi smiled as Seimei laughed again.

"Come on now. Help me set the table, Ritsuka." Seimei ruffled his brother's hair, his fingers tweaking one ear before heading back to the kitchen. Ritsuka followed him quickly, glancing back at Soubi.

It took a little while through dinner before the two older boys got the child to speak again with Soubi there. "Do you have many friends Ritsuka?"

"Not really. Everyone wants to know about Seimei. Everyone knows Seimei through their big brothers and sisters." Ritsuka said as he sipped his milk, humming happily. Seimei laughed weakly.

"I really don't like when people do that." Soubi smiled at his friend.

"I don't mind." Ritsuka said, setting his glass back onto the table, now empty. He hopped up onto his feet. "I'm gonna go take my bath Seimei." The older nodded as Ritsuka left the kitchen.

"He's quite cute." Soubi commented once they heard the bath water running. Seimei nodded as he cleared the table. "Does he really mind not having any friends?"

"I'm not sure. He seems content with just me. It worries me though." Seimei replied as he began running water for dishes. Soubi tied back his long hair before rolling up his sleeves. "He never talks about school unless I ask him."

"Maybe he doesn't like going." Seimei shook his head.

"He says he likes learning, and I know he loves reading. I think it's the students he doesn't like." Soubi nodded in understanding, taking up the dishrag. "He has mentioned a couple boys though. They're a few years older then he is but they are friendly to him."

"Have you met them?" Seimei shook his head. "Older kids can be bullies some times, though not appearing to be."

"Ritsuka tells me they"re strange and there are bullies in the other classes. But these two seem nice enough to scare them away."

"Like protecting him?" Seimei nodded.

"I'll ask if he'd like to have them over sometime." Seimei stated as Soubi nodded. "And you'll have to come over more often." Soubi looked up as Seimei dried off another plate. "I'd like Ritsuka to have more friends. Besides, he likes you. He'll want to start making memories with you."

"Memories?" Seimei nodded with a grin, one of his ears falling to point at the picture covered fridge door. Soubi blinked curiously, glancing at it. "Taking pictures?"

"It's Ritsuka's way of remembering. He says we'll forget if we don't keep them. Mother's stress caused some issues for Ritsuka." Soubi nodded, knowing full well what that was about. "He'll probably want a few pictures of us after his bath."

Sure enough when the boy was finished bathing he came trotting out with his digital camera. "Come on! Get closer." Ritsuka whined as he glanced up at them. Seimei smiled, leaning back against Soubi's shoulder, crossing his arms over his chest. Soubi also smiled, his hands tucked in his pockets. Ritsuka grinned, snapping a few pictures. "Yay!"

"How many was that Ritsuka?" Seimei asked as he leaned over his brother's shoulder to look.

"Fifteen! I've never taken so many pictures of someone other then you Seimei!" Ritsuka cheered, his cheeks pink. Seimei nodded with a smile.

"We'll have to print them off for Soubi." Ritsuka nodded, turning to the other.

"You'll keep them, right Soubi?" The blond smiled.

"Of course Ritsuka." Soubi rubbed one of Ritsuka's ears affectionately while smiling. The boy blushed, his ear twitching in the fingers. Seimei watched on calmly.

Later on when Ritsuka was fast asleep Seimei and Soubi sat in the living room. Seimei was busy on his game as Soubi sipped his drink. Seimei's face hardened, glaring at the screen. Soubi glanced his way before gazing down the hall toward the thin stream of light coming from the bedroom.

"What are you thinking, Soubi?" He blinked, looking at the other again. "Don't think I can't see through you. What are you thinking?" Seimei's voice was icy and calm, all warmth gone. Soubi's face grew solemn as well.

"What do you mean?"

"Ritsuka." Soubi looked up again. "I don't like the way you're always thinking when you look at him. I can see your mind working in your eyes." Seimei placed the control down, turning off the game. "I don't like what you're thinking Soubi."

"And what is it I'm thinking Seimei?" Soubi gazed down into those hard black eyes as the other crawled up between his legs. His hand brushed his cheek, his fingers tracing the back of his ear. Their lips were so close he could feel Seimei's hot breath on his skin.

"You're thinking things I don't like toward my Ritsuka." Soubi's eyes narrowed, darkening.

"Is it a problem to think? Or is it a problem to think about Ritsuka and not you?" Soubi replied. Seimei's eyes narrowed with anger. Soubi grunted when their lips crashed together, Seimei's aggressive behavior surprising him. He couldn't fight back when his tongue slid between his lips demandingly.

"I will not have you think of my Ritsuka in such a way Soubi." Seimei hissed against his lips. Soubi grunted in reply.

"Seimei?" The two jumped, looking up in surprise. Little Ritsuka blinked his wide innocent eyes as he stared at the two. "What are you doing?" He whimpered, his ears falling in confusion. Seimei stood, straightening his sweater. He approached the boy with a warm smile.

"Nothing. What is it Ritsuka?" The boy gazed up at his brother with those large teary eyes.

"I'm lonely. Are you coming to bed yet?" Ritsuka whimpered again. Seimei smiled, running his hands through the boy's soft hair and over his ears.

"I'll be there in a little bit. I'm just going to tell Soubi bye. Why don't you go back to bed?" Seimei said. Ritsuka glanced around him to Soubi who was now shrugging on his jacket.

"Can I say bye too?" Seimei hesitated before nodded. Ritsuka trotted toward the blonde, his eyes on the child. Ritsuka blushed, wrapping his arms around Soubi's middle the best he could. "Guh-bye Soubi. See ya later." Ritsuka muttered, the need for sleep catching up to him. Soubi leaned down, scooping the child up in his arms.

Seimei's eyes sparked. Soubi placed a kiss on the child's forehead with a smile. "Goodnight Ritsuka." He gently deposited the boy into Seimei's arms, meeting his glare head on. He nodded to the other before exiting. Ritsuka muttered incoherently, snuggling into Seimei's neck.

"Seimei...I'm tired. Can we go to bed now?" Seimei sighed, hugging his little brother to him.

"Yes Ritsuka. I'm sorry." He turned, heading for the bedroom. He gently placed the boy on the bed before stripping his sweater and pants. He then crawled under the covers with the child. Ritsuka purred sleepily, snuggling into his brother's chest.

"Seimei."

"Hm?" The older replied, his face half buried between Ritsuka's soft ears.

"I really like Soubi." Seimei's eyes flashed darkly as he glanced down into the boy's hair. "I'm happy...to have another friend..."

"Is Soubi you're friend Ritsuka?"

"Mmhmm." Ritsuka hummed. "I love you...Seimei..." His black eyes widened a bit. "I love you...lots...nn..." Seimei smiled. Ritsuka was asleep.

"I love you too, Ritsuka." He whispered, his arms tightening around the boy's small body. "I'll never let you go. My little Ritsuka."

XXXX XXXX XXXX

Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Sign up to rate and review this story