Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Death by Numbers

by shiina 0 reviews

[Jiraiya, Naruto] Naruto's first kill goes a little too well and Jiraiya teaches Naruto that not all things need to be told.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Horror - Characters: Jiraiya, Naruto, Sakura, Tsunade - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-01-04 - Updated: 2007-01-05 - 446 words - Complete

4Insightful
Word Count: 388
Spoilers: If you don't know who Tsunade is.
Characters: Jiraiya, Naruto, mentions of Sakura, Tsunade, hints of Sasuke
Pairings: None. Can be read as NaruSaku, JiraTsu if nessasary.

xxx



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sakura doesn't know that Naruto has killed someone before -blood on his hands, tears on their face, why aren't I crying. Why aren't I sad? - and he decides that there are some things that she shouldn't know -Naruto, she chides, you can stop smiling now. No use acting innocent when I know you did it. -

Naruto is all about power and strength and speed. (Sasuke is too, he doesn't like to think about it though) And he'd be more likely to shove something into your stomach than he would to lop off your head with an axe. He prefers to use his hands, to know that the person is dead and not getting up (though if their head is fifty feet away from their body then it'd be safe to assume that they wouldn't be moving anyway).

Jiraiya taught him many things on his trip. He taught him strength and how to harness his. He taught him power and how much is too much and when to stop. He taught him speed and how to become a decoy. He did not teach him how to deal with death, Naruto taught him a thing or two about that. (Kage Bunshin is like me, so if it dies, I die, ya know?)

For the first kill Jiraiya was standing back, waiting for the inevitable breakdown (the only one who hadn't, he remembered, had been Orochimaru, then he quickly ended that train of thought). When it didn't happen he began to worry (Listen Jiriaya, if someone doesn't break down immediately then you'd better get them to a doctor.) and when he didn't start laughing madly he began to hesitantly approach. (Ne, ero-senin, why aren't I crying? I'm not sad at all.) Jiriaya sucked in breath and put his hand on Naruto's shoulder /(it's alright, you don't have to cry.)/. He didn't mention that Tsunade had been worried about this, that Naruto wouldn't care.

And when he sends the next reports back to Konoha he decides to add a little in, saying that Naruto was broken up over his first kill and terrified of doing it again. He'd make sure that there was enough time and enough kills in between now and returning that the Hokage didn't ask questions. Because, he decided, there were some things that Tsunade didn't need to know.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xxx

Will later be added to Catch me When I fall, my drabble collection.

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask via reviews.
Sign up to rate and review this story