Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age

Lies and More Lies

by AlexSanDee 3 reviews

Kara turns to Gerard for help

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-01-04 - Updated: 2007-01-05 - 1411 words

0Unrated
"Did you have a good time at Mikey and Alicia's last night?" Kelly asked Monica across the breakfast table. She picked up another piece of toast and buttered it while waiting for an answer.
Monica took a sip of coffee. "It was very nice, we had lasagna." OK she thought to herself I'm not lying. We did have a nice time and we did have lasagna. It's just that Gee and I were there alone.
"What did you have for desert?" Kelly asked innocently.
Gerard who was pouring himself a cup of coffee started coughing. Monica was pretty sure he was hiding laughter. "Uh, Gee what was that desert called?" she asked sweetly.
He stopped coughing and turned to look at them. Kelly smiled at him and Monica who was on the opposite side to the table stuck her tongue out at him while Kelly wasn't looking. He took another sip of coffee. "I don't remember the name" he said slowly, "but it was sinfully sweet."
Monica hid her smile. God, she didn't think it was possible but she loved him more each day. He moved to the table and took the seat beside her. Kelly had finished her eggs. "Can I go over to Molly's now. Her mom is going to take us to the mall."
"Promise to be careful" Monica told her. "And thank her mom for driving you."
She watched Kelly grab her coat and leave. Her life was so perfect now it frightened her. Her daughters were well adjusted, they had become part of a wonderful family and the man sitting beside her was everything she had ever dreamed of.
"You have a strange look on your face. What are you thinking?" Gerard asked her. He reached out and touched her cheek. "Everything OK?"
She leaned over and gave him a quick kiss before answering, "Yea, everything is perfect and that is what worries me"
He understood "Ah yea, I know what you mean. Well honey our life is great and it will stay that way."
She giggled "Oh really? How do you know?"
"Cause I said so, that's why" he ran his fingers down her neck causing her to shutter. He leaned over for a kiss that was anything but quick.
The sound of Kara clearing her throat caused them to break off the kiss. "Excuse me" she walked over and poured herself a cup of coffee. "Donna needs to get one of those espresso machines like Mikey and Alicia have. It's great."
"When will Bob be back in town?" Gerard asked
Kara smiled "Tomorrow night. His flight is supposed to come in at 5:20. Mikey and Alicia are going out but Ray said he would drive me to the airport to get him. If I had a car I could pick him up myself." She pointed out.
Monica sighed; she had this fight with Kara often. "You could borrow the car," she told her daughter.
"I don't want to borrow the car. Our car is so old and nasty. I want something newer."
"Well then you should get a part-time job and start saving some money." Monica pointed out.
Kara looked bored, "Whatever" she took her coffee in the other room.
Gerard smiled "Ain't it great to be a parent."
She looked at him and wondered if when he talked about the two of them being together he realized her daughters would be part of the deal. Probably not but she pushed that thought from her mind.
Kara walked back in and sat down "I have to talk to you about something." She sat her cup on the table and laced her fingers together. Monica was shocked to see her looking at Gerard. "Mom do you mind?"
Monica raised her eyebrow but shrugged "Sure, that's fine. I promised Donna I would run to the store to pick up a few things anyway." She kissed Gerard before leaving.
Kara watched her mom close the door before she turned to Gerard. "I have lots of questions about Dad's death and I don't know who else to talk to"
Gerard was shocked "Kara I really don't know anything about what happened other than he drown."
She nodded "Yea, but I thing something happened that mom is hiding. I'm not stupid I figured out he abused her. It's just so hard for me to understand. He was so nice to Kelly and me." She looked like she was going to cry.
"Kara you need to talk to your mom about this." He wanted to help her but he really didn't know how.
She looked down sadly "Yea, I'm sorry to have brought it up"
"No, don't be. I wish I could help you but I can't." he hated that he didn't know what to say.
She sat for a few moments then looked up at him. He could tell she wanted to say something else but was struggling. "I need to talk to someone who knows Bob so I guess your it." She fiddled with her coffee cup.
"What is it?" He was starting to get a bad feeling. She really looked upset. "Did you have a fight with him or something?"
"Gerard, I don't know what to do. I think I might be pregnant." She blurted out.
"Holy shit" he said without thinking. "You have got to be fucking kidding me. Oh man I'm sorry I said that but ...shit"
Kara started to cry, "Mom will kill me."
He moved to the chair beside her, "Your mom loves you. Yea, I imagine she will be upset but she will stand by you. What did Bob say?"
"I haven't said anything to him. I'm going to buy one or the home pregnancy kits and find out for sure." She looked at him with tears in her eyes "Please don't tell mom. I might not be and then everything will be OK"
He nodded, "I won't say anything now but you need to tell Bob. He needs to know what you are going through. This shouldn't happen, Kara. If you are going to be an adult you need to act like one. And shit, I can't believe Bob wasn't smarter. Unprotected sex? Man, what the hell is wrong with him?"
Kara looked at him "It's not his fault. I told him I was taking birth control pills. I lied to him and now he'll hate me" tears were streaming down her face.
Gerard put his arm around her "Why would you lie like that?"
"I just wanted to be with him and I thought it would be OK just that once. I was planning on really getting the pills."
"Shit, Kara. This is so not good. You need to find out if you are as soon as possible. And you need to talk to your mom."
"I'm going to find out today. Please, I'll talk to mom later. I'm eighteen I have the right to make my own decisions." She sounded defiant.
"Yea, you do but by lying you really didn't give Bob the chance to make his own decision, did you?"
"I know" she lowered her head. "It's just that I love him so much"
Gerard looked at her and sighed, "If you love each other that much then you need to talk care of each other. Make sure you protect the other person, know what I mean?"
She nodded wiping away the last of the tears, "I'm just so scarred," she whispered. "I don't want Bob to hate me"
Gerard hugged her "Honey even if you aren't pregnant you need to tell him the truth. You owe him that. I know he loves you a lot."
"Yea, he does now but what about when he finds out I lied? Will he still love me?"
Gerard couldn't answer that one. Kara stood and smiled "Sorry I brought you into this. It's just I needed to talk to someone."
He took her hand "It's OK, thanks for trusting me. Please let me know when you find out and I'll drive you to the airport to get Bob tomorrow. That way you two will have a chance to talk."
She smiled "Thanks, Gee"
He watched her walk away and sighed. Shit, how was Monica going to handle this drama if her daughter was pregnant? And how was she going to handle the fact that the life she had tried to build for the girls concerning their father was starting to fall apart?
Sign up to rate and review this story