Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby Seasons Change But People Dont [[Dont Pretend You Ever Forgot About Me]]

You Look Pretty Sinking; But The Real Bombshells Have Already Sunk

by xxlaurenxx 7 reviews

When Pete returns to Chicago after touring, he'll realize what he really left behind

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-15 - 977 words

1Ambiance
ELLO; YEUPPP YOU'RE LUCKY CAUSE ii UPDATED AGAiiN CUZ ii WAS BORED. YEAH, MORE PEOPLE SHOULD REViiEW, CAUSE YEAH, iiF YOU DON'T ii PROBABLY WONT MAKE VERY MANY MORE CHAPTERS
SO BE LOVELY AND REViiEW FOR ME =]







Pete left quickly after the feud. Big surprise, leaving was really the only thing he really knew how to do right; leaving and making a fool out of himself cough Little-Petey getting exposed over the internetcough. I cannot believe that he had the nerve to even try and talk to me after what he did to me. In my eyes he was nothing.

I sat in the back of the store alone, seeing as Gage and Kay had already left for the night. It was late, nearly midnight in fact and the store seemed dead. I looked up at my manager, a tall, skinny, older woman, who insisted that everyone call her Ma. "Hey Ma, you mind closing for me?" I yawned as I stood up and stretched.

She took the cigarette stub out from between her lips with her long, fake, fire engine red nails, looked up at me and nodded, causing her wrinkles to move around a bit, "Go ahead doll", she spoke. Her voice resembled that of a heavy smoker's, which she was. Smoking at least a pack a day, her voice was raspy and deep.

I walked up and gave her a hug, "Thanks Ma, I really owe you one."

"Honey, what better things do I got to do, go home and take my multi-vitamin?" She smiled. "You're young, go out on the town and have a good time."

I smiled as I began to walk out, "The town is overrated."

___________

The sky was dark and the streets were wet as I made my way home, walking through the back alleyways of downtown Chicago. I arrived at the door of an old rundown apartment located in the bad part of town. It was the only place my mom and me could afford seeing as my dad was taken by cancer a year earlier, and being the proud people that my mother and me were, we refused handouts.

I placed my hand on the door handle, looking up, noticing one familiar star, our star. Wait...correction; our old star. It shown brightly right in the center of the seemingly black sky. I was just about to turn the handle when a figure emerged from the blackness. I quickly turned to see Pete beginning to approach me. I quickly attempted to turn the handle and lock him out, but was shocked to see that the front door was locked.

Pete walked up to me, "Court..."

"What do you want?" I said as I sat down quickly on the stoop and cupped my face in my hands. "Can't you just fucking leave like you did before?"

Pete sat down beside me, and completely ignoring my question, brought up a new topic. "I see you remember our star", he said as he leaned back, stretching himself out. I refused to answer, causing him to sit up forward again. "Court what are you doing on this part of town. Especially at night."

I rolled my eyes, "Since when have you ever taken any interest in my well-being?" he asked snobbishly.

"Just because we broke up doesn't mean I ever wanted anything bad to happen to you", he snapped. "This is fucking lame; and you're hopeless. I'm gone." He stood up, beginning to make his way down the alleyway.

"He died", I said just loud enough for him to hear. He turned his heels and began walking back towards me. "My dad.... He died from cancer last year."

He reached me and sat down beside me, attempting to take my hand to comfort me. I moved it before he could reach it, though. I didn't want to seem too vulnerable, especially to him. "Why didn't I know about this?"

"The things you miss when you're on tour..." I said distantly.

"You're fucking making it seem like I destroyed you. Like I destroyed you're family." He said.

I sat forward just as he did and looked him square in the eye, "Maybe because you did fucking destroy me, Pete!" I snapped back. "You made me promise you that I would wait for you to come back from touring, and I did! I was in love with you!"

"And now you're being a fucking drama queen", he said harshly. "Just cause you're life sucks now you have to go and blame me", he took a pause. "Were you just expecting to use me to get out of your fate; to get out of being trash? Well let me tell you something sweetheart, I know first hand that if you want something you can't depend on anyone but yourself to get it."

"So that made it right to just leave me like that....?" I screamed. The faint voices of people three blocks down screaming for us to shut up entered the silence, as Pete's face turned sorrowful. "Why are you even here?"

"I have no fucking idea why I'm here, Court", he said honestly. "My initial thought was that maybe we could make things right between us."

"There's nothing to make right, Pete. Everything's over and done with."

There was a slight silence for a minute or so until Pete opened his mouth to talk. "God what happened to you, Court?" He took a pause. "You make it seem like I'm the only person who's changed. But look at you. The girl that I used to know was never this bitter and raw and tough. She was never afraid of getting close to someone." Taking one final pause he scratched behind his head, "I mean Court, I don't even know you anymore."

"I grew up", I began, "and learned that no one's worth trusting."
Sign up to rate and review this story