Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Hope

by Zillian 1 review

Aang is dead and now it seems Katara's world is falling apart. Hope is dead. Slight Aang/Katara

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Aang, Katara, Sokka - Published: 2007-01-17 - Updated: 2007-01-18 - 422 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Avatar is dead.

Aang is dead.

Hope is dead.

That's all there is to say. The endless refrain of death in my heart. Yet there is so much more to say. Aang. His name sends shivers up my spine. The world knew him as Avatar. I knew him as a friend.

The Avatar is dead.

Aang is dead.

Hope is dead.

At least his last moments were happy, they tell me. The joy of winning was still fresh in his young heart. Mine feels so old now. How can I only be fourteen? Gran Gran said war aged people, but I never thought it would feel like this. Like at any moment the tide will come, carrying me away to the Spirits. They can have me.

The Avatar is dead.

Aang is dead.

Hope is dead.

And now Sokka is pulling me close into his warm arms. His eyes are old. I cry on his shoulder, a place I have cried so many times before for less important things. He is crying warrior's tears, sobbed too often. We lose so many friends. We lose too many friends.

The Avatar is dead.

Aang is dead.

Hope is dead.

Earth Kingdom Children play all around me. How dare they enjoy them selves when Aang, the funniest boy in the world can't play! I watch through them through the window with hate in my eyes.

The Avatar is dead.

Aang is dead.

Hope is dead.

I go to bed. Sleep is the only escape now. I can still see the sun high in the sky as I pull the covers over my head. I never see the moon anymore. I miss the moon.

The Avatar is dead.

Aang is dead.

Hope is dead.

I wake up to the sound of a crash. I rush out of my room. My window is broken. A ball lies innocently in the corner, pretending it did nothing. The children gaze inside worriedly, they have all heard about me, the amazing Waterbender who helped save the world. Who couldn't save her best friend. I pick up the ball and closely examine it. It's soggy with water, I could show these kids a thing or two. They're all so young. They all have such old eyes.

Aang wouldn't want them to be sad.

Aang wouldn't want me to be sad.

Aang would rush out there and play with them.

"Go long!" I cry throwing the ball as far as I can.

The Avatar is dead.

Aang is dead.

Hope lives.
Sign up to rate and review this story