Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Deceit

::Naruto::

by saxis 3 reviews

"This is a robbery! If you do what we tell you to do, nobody will get hurt!" SasuNaru/NaruSasu.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-18 - Updated: 2007-12-30 - 2382 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.

A/N: A huge thank you for all who reviewed the first chapter! You gave me motivation to write this one!

‘Thinking’

[Edited: 5.5.2009]

-----

Chapter 2.

::Naruto::

-----

‘I’m late. I’m late. I can’t believe I’m late again. Shit. Shit. Shit.’

Uzumaki Naruto was running to work, already almost an hour late.

‘Why did the damn bus have to break today of all days?’

The only day – night actually – of the week that Naruto’s boss will make an appearance at the store. Every Friday, the boss, Sarutobi, comes to get the money from the previous week’s sales from the store’s safe.

‘I hope he’s not there yet.’

This hasn't been Naruto’s day, at all. From the moment he woke up – late! – everything has gone wrong.

First he had missed his weekly ramen date with Iruka because he had forgotten to set his alarm clock. And, as if this wasn't bad enough, when he went to Iruka’s apartment to apologize, his perfectly innocent mind was scarred for life.

Naruto had probably knocked on Iruka’s door hundreds of times before he finally decided to just let himself in – Iruka had given him a spare key for occasions just like this. Thinking that he could wait for Iruka to get home and maybe eat some instant ramen, having not gotten his daily dose yet, Naruto had put the key into the lock.

He was not ready for what he saw when he opened the door.

There, on the living room couch, was Iruka with another man, doing things Naruto didn't even want to think about Iruka doing, much less witness with his own eyes. The man was later announced to be Iruka’s new boyfriend.

After a rather embarrassing high-pitched screaming scene and minutes of running around like headless chickens, both Iruka and Naruto calmed down a little. They were both still blushing furiously when Iruka emerged from his room fully clothed. And after Iruka not so kindly shoved his boyfriend – Naruto never did get his name – out from the apartment, he began to endlessly apologize to Naruto.

When Iruka finally gave Naruto a chance to speak, he assured Iruka that everything was alright and that no permanent damage had been done. Iruka’s troubled look had instantly been replaced with a look of extreme relief, so Naruto did not feel the need to upset the older man again by telling him about his poor, poor mind being scarred.

Iruka has been like a father to Naruto ever since they first met. He was the first person to acknowledge Naruto and truly care for him.

Naruto was orphaned at a very young age. His mother died giving birth to him, and he was only six months old when his father died – Naruto doesn't really know what happened to him.

When he met Iruka the first time, he was six years old.

Since the death of his father, Naruto had already lived in numerous foster homes. Each had been worse than the previous one, but before that time no one had tried to actually physically hurt him.

That night Naruto’s foster father had been extremely drunk. He had decided that everything wrong in his life was somehow the six-year-old Naruto’s fault. The police had been called by Naruto's foster brother, and Iruka had been one of the police officers that had come to help.

Iruka had taken the terrified boy to the police station with him and his partner. He had taken care of Naruto the whole time the boy was at the station, and in that little time a bond had formed between them.

Even after Naruto no longer needed police assistance, having moved into an orphanage, they continued to keep in touch. Iruka visited him at least once a week and called him every other day. And later, when Naruto had become older, he started to visit Iruka at his house and, when the man was at work, at the police station. Naruto was, and still is, very well-liked there.

Naruto is very grateful for everything Iruka has done for him. He doesn't even want to think about what would have happened to him if he hadn't ever met the kind man.

Naruto is also really happy Iruka has found someone to love – even though his love interest had seemed to be a bit eccentric. Iruka definitely deserves to love and be loved in return.

When Naruto finally reached his work place - a gas station just outside Konoha - he headed straight to where his fellow worker, Kiba, was.

Kiba isn't only Naruto’s best; the boy was also Naruto's first friend of his own age. They met in sixth grade and got along right away. Kiba had been the only child that had dared to get close to Naruto and didn't try to avoid him because he lived in an orphanage.

Naruto stopped beside his best friend, panting hard from running so fast.

Kiba looked at him disapprovingly and sighed. “You're late again, Naruto.”

“Yeah. Sorry, man,” Naruto said after catching his breath. He rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled sheepishly.

“You don’t have to apologize, Naruto.” Kiba’s serious look changed to one of amusement. “Just be glad the boss wasn’t here to see it. He would have fired your sorry ass on the spot.”

Naruto grinned, “Yeah, I know. That old fart is too uptight for his own good.”

“No, Naruto. You are just irresponsible for being late.”

“Hey!”

Kiba just gave him a pointed look.

“Okay, okay. You're right.” Naruto admitted in defeat.

Kiba smiled, pleased with himself, “You should go change ‘cause you look like shit, man.”

“Thanks.” Naruto glared at Kiba, while said person just laughed.

Naruto still took the other boy’s advice and went to change. Five minutes later he emerged from the staff room wearing his work clothes. He walked to the counter and sat down next to Kiba.

After two minutes, he couldn't take it any longer.

“God, I’m already bored.” Naruto shifted in his seat restlessly.

This kind of job – where he was just supposed to sit still and wait for clients – didn't really fit him. The only reason Naruto didn't quit was the fact that he really needed the money. He wanted to be independent. He didn't like the idea of leeching of off Iruka’s money, at all.

“Just deal with it.” Said Kiba without any sympathy, turning a page of the magazine he had started to read.

Naruto stuck his tongue out at Kiba and pouted, “Fine, I will.”

Fifteen minutes of total boredom later, the store’s doors finally opened and the first client of the night walked in.

The client was a boy who looked to be no older than Naruto himself. The boy had raven black hair and pale skin. He was wearing a white dress shirt and black pants.

All that went on in Naruto’s mind was ‘wow, what a babe’.

The dark-haired boy stopped in front of the counter. He lifted his gaze from the floor and looked straight at Naruto – and stared.

And stared.

And stared some more.

For a brief moment, Naruto was mesmerized by the boy’s deep onyx eyes, but, when he finally came to his senses, he began to feel self-conscious.

After that he began to feel highly uncomfortable. Naruto didn't like to be stared at like that, no matter how attractive the person doing the staring was. He didn't know how he was supposed to act, so he did the only thing he could think of at the moment – he got mad.

“Oi, bastard. What do you think you’re staring at?” He said not so quietly.

Naruto hadn't really meant to sound so rude – honestly, he hadn't! But he wasn't going to apologize either – after all, he wasn't the one being impolite and staring.

-----

Sasuke was able to regain his bearings after the blond had spoken. He instantly plastered his usual impassive look on his face.

‘Bastard, eh?' Sasuke thought, smirking. 'Well, isn’t he a feisty one... Maybe more than a little obnoxious, yes, but feisty...’

“Bastard? Is this how you usually treat your customers... Naruto? You call them names without any reason?” Sasuke asked as innocently as an Uchiha possibly could, ignoring the blond’s earlier question.

Naruto bristled. ‘That smirk... It makes me want to pound his head repeatedly against the cash register!’

“Don’t try to turn this around on me, bastard! You were the one staring! Why? You really think I’m that hot? I’m honoured. You should probably – he pointed at the raven haired boy’s chin – wipe that drool off.”

“Hn. Don’t flatter yourself, dobe. You're not that great.” God, how Sasuke hoped that the other boy was only bluffing with the drool thing.

“Don’t call me that, you bastard! And how did you know my name anyway?” Naruto eyed Sasuke suspiciously before pointing a finger at him accusingly. “Are you stalking me or something?”

Sasuke smirked his ‘are-you-really-that-stupid’ smirk. ‘This Naruto character is a bit thick, but it’s certainly entertaining to watch, and provoke, him. It’s way too easy to anger the blond anyway...’

“No, idiot.” Sasuke pointed at Naruto’s chest “You have a name tag.”

Naruto blushed, embarrassed, and intelligently said, “Oh.”

“Oh, indeed. You shouldn’t just go around accusing people of things they haven’t done.” Sasuke’s wicked smirk widened and he added with an arrogant voice. “Don't you have any manners, dobe?”

Naruto’s embarrassment was gone in a flash; he was fuming now. “Why you...” But before he could finish what he had been about to say, and jump over the counter to give Sasuke’s throat a little squeeze, Kiba stopped him.

-----

When Shino was done with the car, he decided to go after Sasuke.

He, being as good as he was at his job, had naturally immediately noticed when the Uchiha had left. He just hadn't bothered to say anything about – or against – it. He knew very well that the stubborn boy wouldn't have listened to him anyway.

He checked his surroundings for any possible attackers, or other dangers, while walking towards his destination.

Shino always did his job extremely thoroughly, but especially now – when the actual object of his protection was against having a bodyguard, reluctant to cooperate with him – he had to be more alert and cautious than ever.

Shino noticed a group of people a little behind him – they were coming from their car, obviously heading for the store. There was four of them; one man and three women.

Shino observed what the people looked like and how they were acting to determine if they were a threat or not. Two of the people were talking animatedly to each other, while the other two were listening to them, laughing. The man had dark hair and huge eyebrows, while the three women each had different hair colours – black, blond and pink.

Shino decided that the group looked harmless and that they didn't seem to pose a threat to the Uchiha.

When he reached the store, he went in and inspected his surroundings.

Shino saw Sasuke standing at the check-out counter with two sales clerks. The raven-haired boy was talking with the blond haired one. He also noted that there was only one other person inside the store with them; a young man with grey hair and eyeglasses. Shino had seen the man go into the store just a moment after Sasuke.

After having thoroughly checked the place out, Shino walked to where the Uchiha was. The blond Sasuke had been talking to was now trying to get out of the other sales clerk’s grip to strangle Sasuke – the boy looked absolutely furious.

When the Uchiha acknowledged his presence, Shino nodded towards the fuming blond and asked, “Is everything alright, Uchiha-san?”

-----

Sasuke only nodded an affirmative to Shino’s question. He was watching the dense boy in front of him intensely, while said boy was thrashing around in his friend’s grip. Even though it didn't show on his face, Sasuke was having a really hard time trying to suppress the smile that was threatening to form on his lips.

Sasuke could tell that Naruto was different from the people he usually had around him; the boy was clearly a ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ kind of person. It was refreshing for him to converse with a straightforward person, even if they were just fighting.

Shino’s voice interrupted Sasuke’s train of thought.

“You shouldn’t have left without me, Uchiha-san. I’m supposed to be with you at all times. Hatake-san...”

Sasuke just snorted and proceeded to ignore the man beside him. Shino seemed to take the not-so-subtle hint, and didn't finish what he had been about to say.

Naruto had stopped his thrashing when Shino had spoken. When Kiba let him go, he immediately burst out in laughter.

After he had calmed down a little, he spoke. “Oh man, this is too much... You actually have a babysitter?”

After saying this, Naruto started to laugh again. Now it was Sasuke’s turn to be annoyed. He glared at the blond who was now clutching his stomach in uncontrollable laughter.

“I have better things to do than stand here watching your idiotic face, so why don’t you do your job - or are you even capable of that, idiot?”

Naruto’s laughter died down instantly.

“Don’t talk down to me, you bastard! You should be more respectful towards me, Uzumaki Naruto, the future mayor of Konoha!”

Sasuke’s reply to Naruto’s exclamation was less than agreeing; it involved words like ‘you’, ‘mayor’ and ‘in your dreams’.

The boys just kept shouting at each other – well, Naruto shouted – while the seven other people in the store watched on, curious.

No one noticed the three armed people entering the store until a loud male voice echoed through the store. It made everybody freeze.

”This is a robbery! If you do what we tell you to do, nobody will get hurt!”

-----

End of chapter two.
Sign up to rate and review this story