Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Time to Live

Chaos with the Weasleys

by loralee1 2 reviews

AU Post OotP, No HBP, With Voldemort gone it's time for Harry to Live.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dobby, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Moody, Neville, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-20 - Updated: 2007-01-20 - 1572 words

5Insightful
Time to Live 11
By Loralee
Disclaimer: Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling not me.

Chaos with the Weasleys

Harry apparated just to one side of the back door at the Weasley's and knocked on the door. He heard Mrs. Weasley call for someone to get the door, then footsteps. The door was thrown wide and Ginny Weasley appeared in the doorway.

"Hi'ya Gin, how's your sum-" was all the farther Harry got before Ginny's right fist knocked him on his arse and the door slammed shut. Stunned Harry lay there on the ground and heard Mrs. Weasley call out.

"Who was it Ginny, dear?"

"Harry 'Bloody' Potter, the Prat!" screamed Ginny.

The door flew open once more and Mrs. Weasley stood staring down at him.

He looked up and said, "Mr. Weasley invited me. I'm sorry, I'll leave."

Molly Weasley dragged him to his feet and crushed him in a hug.

"Don't be silly Harry, of course you are welcome, where are your things? You can share with Ron. It's so good to have you home. Don't worry about Ginny she just a bit upset."

She released him and as he got his breathe back. "I'm very sorry, Mrs. Weasley, but I won't be staying here. I'm only here for supper tonight. If that's a problem then I had best leave now. I don't what to be a bother or upset your family."

Molly Weasley opened her mouth to protest but Arthur laid a hand on her shoulder.

"We are glad you are here even if it's only for a meal. You are welcome anytime Harry. I certainly understand that you have quite a lot of things that you must attend to before the trials and that it might be inconvenient for you to stay here."

Mrs. Weasley made a small noise of protest but didn't say anything as feet were heard pounding down the steps and Ron burst into the room.

"Harry! It's about time you came here. How long have you been back? Gred and Forge said they saw you in the Alley yesterday. How 'bout some chess."

Harry laughed, "Yes, about that long." As he followed Ron into the living room he lowered his voice, "What's the matter with Ginny? She decked me and slammed the door in my face."

Ron looked surprised. "Oh, she's been reading that rag 'Teen Witch Weekly' they've had Harry sightings the whole time you've been gone. They've even had a couple of pictures of you with different girls."

Harry was staring in horror but Ron didn't seem to notice.

"Then you sent Mum a present. She really likes those teacups with that funny mouse in a dress. I really like the shirt you sent me too, Canon's rule, the twins told Gin and me that they heard from you but they might have just been trying to wind her up, by then. I can't figure out why she thought you had to write her too. It isn't like Mum didn't share her letter with her. Besides, you're my friend not hers. So chess?"

Harry dropped his head into his hands with a groan.

They heard the back door slam open and Bill yell. "Mum, Dad, I saw Harry today. You'll never believe what happened. He stepped in front of a Killing Curse meant for Ragnok and Lucius Malfoy is dead."

Ron's jaw dropped, Harry paled and Molly Weasley rushed into the living room grabbed up Harry and began poking, prodding and trying to remove his clothes.

"Are you hurt? Why didn't you tell me? Right to bed with you, Arthur call Madam Pomfrey."

"MRS. WEASLEY!" shouted Harry finally getting her attention. "I'm fine, Malfoy's killing curse never got near me." He glared at the sheepish looking Bill standing in the doorway.

"Molly, let the boy alone," said Arthur.

"You're alright?" asked Molly one final time before bursting into tears and hugging Harry yet again.

Arthur got Molly to release Harry and sit down. By this time Ginny had come back down the stairs to see what all the shouting was and the twins had come through the floo.

"Now Bill, what's all this about Harry and Lucius Malfoy?" said Arthur sternly to his eldest son.

Bill took a deep breath. He had jusst realized that telling his mother about Harry in such away had not been a good idea. That had Harry Potter not been standing in their living room he might have scared her to death.

"Well Dad, I'm still not sure of all the details but I was in the Lobby this morning when Lucius Malfoy came in a shot a killing curse at Ragnok, Harry here stepped in front of Ragnok and then levitated a big money scale into the path of the curse and security killed Malfoy."

"Harry, do you have anything to add?" asked Mr. Weasley.

Harry shrugged, "It wasn't that big of a deal. I've seen Dumbledore do the same when he dueled Voldemort. Accio something to block the killing curse. I'm good with that spell."

"I'm surprised I didn't hear anything about it at the Ministry. If the goblins have broken off relations because of this incident then we could be in big trouble." Arthur mused.

"They didn't Dad. It was business as usual after," said Bill.

Arthur looked surprised and turned to Harry. "You have to understand Harry, Gringotts is Goblin territory and what Malfoy did could very easily have led to war."

"Oh, I know that, Ragnok explained it over tea in his offices" said Harry. Arthur looked surprised once more and Bill was staring wide eyed at Harry but before they could ask any more questions a whiff of smoke appeared from the direction of the kitchen.

"Dinner," yelped Mrs. Weasley as she made a beeline for the kitchen.

Arthur and Bill eyed each other and decided to drop the questions for now as Molly called them to the table.

Harry asked the twin seated next to him, "How's the store?"

"It's doing very well, were selling over seas now."

"Really?" ask Harry with a smirk.

"Oh, yes," said the other twin leaning across the table, "Our partner set it up,"

"And our goblin account manager helped with the paperwork."

Ron leaned in from the other side. "The still won't tell who their secret partner is." He mumbled around a mouthful of food.

"Wouldn't be much of a secret if we told now, would it?" said the twin beside Harry.

Harry grinned and shook his head and turned to hear Mr. Weasley talking about the enchanted lawn mower that he'd dealt with that day. It seemed it had turned on its owner and chased him up a tree.

Harry was halfway though his dessert when the question came.

"So Harry, what did you do on your Holiday?" asked Ron.

Harry's mouth was full of treacle tart so he shrugged and made a face.

"Ron let the poor boy eat. Who knows what kind of meals he's had, out gallivanting around the world. I sure none of those girls eat enough to keep a flea alive," said Molly.

Harry swallowed

"Girls, Mrs. Weasley? What girls?" asked Harry.

"All those scarlet women you've been catting around with, Potter," snarled Ginny, with a scowl.

Harry was beginning to get annoyed. "I haven't been with any girls, Mrs. Weasley. What makes you think I have been?"

"I have the clippings right here, Harry dear," said Molly, pulling down a book of newspaper clippings from a cabinet beside the stove.

Harry began to flip through the clippings. "Why do you insist on believing what the papers say? This isn't me. Paris? I wasn't in Paris. Skiing in Switzerland might have been fun but I was never there either."

The next photo stopped Harry cold, his face turned red as he squinted at the picture then he looked up directly at Mrs. Weasley.

"Do you really think that I would 'frolic' naked in a fountain with three girls in, where is this, the Riviera? Do you think so little of me, then?" said Harry, hurt in his voice.

Molly Weasley blushed, "Well no, of course not dear, I well..."

"Wouldn't you?" snarled Ginny.

He turned to her. "No I wouldn't. I don't want some quick shag with a bimbo, scarlet woman. I want someone that I can love and trust and respect, who feels the same for me, someone who sees me, Harry. Not The-Boy-Who-Live or The-Destroyer-of-Voldemort. I would have thought that my friends would have known that."

Ginny Weasley fled the room in tears.

Harry stood, "Thank you for the wonderful meal Mrs. Weasley, I think I better be going."

"Oh, you can't leave yet Harry you have told us where you've been or what you've been doing. I still don't understand why you didn't just come here," exclaimed Mrs. Weasley.

"Molly, Harry doesn't owe us any kind of explanation," said Arthur firmly.

"But Arthur, Harry should stay here. Surely it isn't wise for him to be out there on his own, he's still just a child," said Mrs. Weasley.

Harry could see the twins backing out of the room and Ron sliding that way as well.

"I'm not a child Mrs. Weasley. I can take care of myself; I've been doing it for a long time. Thank you for supper. Good night everyone." And with those words he strode out of the house and apparated away.

Revised 1/18/07
Sign up to rate and review this story