Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Curse on Your Lips

Sending Postcards From A Plane Crash.

by jessiearei 4 reviews

Pete finds out how Kadence feels...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 1189 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9

Sending Postcards From A Plane Crash.

Author's POV:


Kadence went up to her room and pulled her cell phone out. She had forgotten to call Spencer when she first got there because of the incident with Pete...

"Hello?"

"Missy? Can I talk to Spencer, I forgot to call earlier." I said into the phone.

"Yeah, hold on." She heard shuffling then a small voice came through the phone.

"Mommy? What took you so long to call? I was worried that you forgot about me..."

"I'm sorry baby, I got caught up in work. I'll make it up to you when I get home ok?"

"Ok mommy, so how is the interviewing going?" For a 6 year old, Spencer was very smart.

"It's going great baby. Are you having fun with Missy?" Kadence asked.

"Yeah! We went to the park today and everything. We also made cookies, she's a lot of fun. I like her."

"That's great! You better save some cookies for me!" Kadence laughed.

"Of course mommy!"

"Well I hope your staying out of trouble."

"Me, in trouble. No way." Spencer said laughing.

"That's good to hear. Well I have to get back to work. I'll call you tomorrow if I have time. I love you Spence."

"I love you too mommy!" And with that they hung up.

Meanwhile downstairs...

The guys finished recording 'I've got a dark alley...' and decided to call it a night. Pete walked into the living room and saw his notebook sitting on the coffee table. He picked it up and opened it and a note fell out of it. On the front of it said Pete. He opened the note and started reading it...

Dear Peter,

I hope you know me staying here is very hard. It brings back old memories that I don't know if I want to relive them. I missed you guys terribly, but I had to distant myself. I couldn't stand the heartbreak that I went through. You don't understand how bad you hurt me. You just stopped calling and caring. It was like I was just a thing of the past that didn't even matter anymore. You didn't even properly break up with me Pete. It was heartbreaking and I went through it all alone. That's why I took the job at AP and moved to California. I had to get away from my past because it was haunting me. I don't know if I will ever be able to forgive you Pete. I'm sorry but it's true...

Kadence


When Pete finished reading the letter, he had tears in his eyes. He couldn't believe he hurt her that much. Truth be told he hadn't even thought of it that much. He thought she'd moved on. But apparently he was wrong and he had to fix things between the two of them.

He walked up stairs and headed towards Kadence's room. When he got there he heard that she was on the phone. He decided to wait till she was done but couldn't help but listen to what she was saying.

'I love you Spence.' Pete was heart broken, even though he had no reason to be. She had moved on just like him, but why did it hurt so bad for him to hear her say that she loved someone else. He didn't even know who she was talking to, it could have just been a friend. He knocked on the door and she yelled come in.

"Hey Kade, can I talk to you for a second?" Pete asked. She nodded her head and motioned for him to take a seat on her bed. It was quiet for a few seconds before Pete finally spoke.

"I'm really sorry Kadence. I never meant to hurt you that bad, I swear."

"Save your apologies Pete. Boys like you are overrated."

"If it means anything, for what I've become, I just feel more alone." Pete said looking down at the ground.

"You never called me when I was down, love never wanted me." Kadence said. "What did you ever do for me Peter?" Tears were streaming down both their faces.

"I'm sorry..."

"That's been said so many times that I'm not sure if it even matters." Kadence said, more tears running down her face. Pete got up from the bed and made his way to the door. He stopped before leaving for a few seconds. When nothing was said, he just kept walking.

That night Pete stayed up all night writing a song. He finally finished it at around 3 in the morning, put it in an envelope, and slid it under the door to Kadence's room...

Kadence woke up the next morning at around 10 and found the envelope. She opened it up and read it to herself...

"XO"

I comb the crowd and pick you out
My mouth moves too fast for you to figure it out
It starts eyes closed to fingers crossed
"To I swear, I say"
"To I swear, I say"

To hands between legs, to "whatever it takes"
To drinks at the club to the bar
To the keys to your car
To hotel stairs to the emergency exit door

To the love, I left my conscience pressed
Between the pages of the Bible in the drawer
"What did it ever do for me" I say (I say, I say, I say)
It never calls me when I'm down
Love never wanted me
But I took it anyway
Put your ear to the speaker
And choose love or sympathy
But never both
Love never wanted me

"I hoped you choked
And crashed your car"
Hey "tear catcher", that's all that you are
And ever were
From the start
I swear, I say
I swear, I say

To hands between legs, to "whatever it takes"
To drinks at the club to the bar
To the keys to your car
To hotel stairs to the emergency exit door

To the love, I left my conscience pressed
Between the pages of the Bible in the drawer
"What did it ever do for me" I say
It never calls me when I'm down
Love never wanted me
But I took it anyway
Put your ear to the speaker
And choose love or sympathy
But never both, no

To the love I left my conscience pressed
Through the keyhole I watched you dress
Kiss and tell
(Loose lips sink ships)

To the love I left my conscience pressed
Through the keyholes I watched you dress
Kiss and tell
(Loose lips sink ships)

To the love I left my conscience pressed
Between the pages of the Bible in the drawer
"What did it ever do for me" I say.


Once she finished reading it she had tears streaming down her face. She was becoming a mess and she had only been there for 1 day. She was going to go crazy by the time she was to leave...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so i was going to put this up on friday but i was rushed because of some stupid snowstorm that we didnt even get. stupid weather man. haha anyways sorry about the delay. pls review.
Sign up to rate and review this story