Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Red Planet - Part Four: City of the Red Tower

One the Road Again

by siriusfanatic 0 reviews

Having reunited with their allies in Brimstone City, Stoker seeks to defend the city from opposing forces from both inside and out!

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-23 - 1193 words

0Unrated

BIKER MICE FROM MARS

RED PLANET
PART FOUR: CITY OF THE RED TOWER

Disclaimer: Biker Mice From Mars and related characters and concepts are the property of Brentwood Inc. and is the creation of Rick Unger. The story and images presented here are neither sponsored, endorsed, created, by the owners, licensees, or other related entities. The story and images are copyright the writers of this fanfic. Characters Cody Orion, Alexis Sarimana, Tawny, and other characters are the property of thew40 and siruisfanatic (aka Terrabm and Captain Terrabm). Please do not use without permission from either of the writers, which can be reached at wreality24@hotmail.com and CaptainTerrabm@aol.com.

Author's Note: This story is another in a series of re-postings of the "Red Planet" series. For more information, see "Red Planet - Part One: Invasion."

This is the continuation of the "Red Planet" series by siruisfanatic and thew40.

You can check out artwork for BMFM at my gallery here: http://terrabm.deviantart.com. Also, co-writer TheW40's other works can be found here on Ficwad as well: http://www.ficwad.com/viewuser.php?uid=17565



Chapter One: "On the Road Again"

For the poor Freedom Fighters, it's been nearly a month since they separated from their families and journeyed through the Arias Mountains. Plutarkian scouts had been spotted all over the place, and every so often, could be heard with their large, crab-like machines that tore down trees.
Every night, at least one person remained awake to watch out for in-coming Plutarkians or Sand Raiders that would wander near their camp. When the sun dawned, said person would wake his fellow Martian and they would proceed to cover up the evidence of their being there. Then, throwing their gear into the jeep (which held the bros motorcycles which they had named-'Lady', 'Lil' Hoss', and 'Streak', respectively), they would head towards the next mountain, watching as the Plutarkian scouts would survey the area.
Now two weeks since Throttle, Modo, and Vinnie freed Stoker, Cody and Tawny, they were beginning to feel the cold of winter fade away, bringing about spring time in this region of Mars. Still seventy-five miles from Brimstone City, the Biker Mice were feeling a little overwhelmed by all this stress.
"Stoker," Tawny pointed out, "we're running low on gas."
Stoker perked an eyebrow and saw this as well. "We'll have to risk going out onto one of the main roads. Not something I like doing, but..."
"We're stuck."
"Yeah. Hang on."
The jeep turned off the back road and into the forest that took up the sides of the street. Quietly, the jeep came upon one of the main roads. These roads would be easier to take, but it was well-trafficked by Plutarkians and Sand Raiders. Stoker spotted a gas station soon as he pulled onto the road. It appeared abandoned within the past day or two, which was never a good sign.
As he pulled up to the pump and pulled out the nozzle and inserted it into the tank.
"Keep an eye out, bros," he advised. "Vinnie, Throttle, check inside to see if there's anyone in there. If not, grab some supplies and let's get moving."
"Right," Throttle replied, dragging his little "brother" in with him. Stoker smiled and looked over to Modo, who had decided to sit on top of the jeep's hood, looking out towards the road, eyes bright and ears perked.
Tawny pulled out her small computer and warmed it up, looking at the most recent data regarding Plutarkian military movements. "Stoke," she said, looking up from the monitor, "the data I just downloaded says that Plutarkian scouts have been spotted in this area, along this road, specifically."
"Damn it. Bros! Let's get--"
"STOKE!" yelped Cody. "Do you hear that?!"
Stoker did indeed. He pointed to Tawny, who rushed inside the station and pulled Throttle and Vinnie out. Then, all of them made for an old pop machine and an ice container. Both were empty. Stoker opened up the pop machine and pulled out the pop racks, tossing them carelessly to the ground, then threw Throttle, Modo and Vinnie inside. And then he, Cody, and Tawny leapt into the old ice container.
Silence filled the air for a full minute.
And then came a loud rumble. Gigantic tanks, storage trucks, jeeps, and a plethora of other vehicles thundered down the road, on their way east. Stoker held his breath as he heard the troops march by.
"Sir! There's a jeep here!" shouted someone from outside.
"Leave it! We have to be at Brimstone City by dawn! We have no time to fuck around," grunted another.
"Yes sir!"
The scout trotted back to the line of soldiers. After twenty more minutes, silence regained strength over the road. Stoker peeked out of the ice container. He looked left, then right, but could not hear a sound, see anyone, or smell them either.
He threw open the door and gasped, taking in some air. Then rushed over to the pop machine and yanked it open, letting the bros spill out in a heap.
"Ack! Need air..." Throttle moaned.
"Were you trying to kill us?! I feel like a sardine!" Vinnie choked.
Modo looked nervously at Stoker. "Did they say they were heading to Brimstone City too?" he asked.
"Yeah. Which means we gotta get there before they do."
After filling up on the rest of the tank, loading up the remaining food and drink from the station, the mice leapt into their vehicle and took off...heading West, the opposite direction of the Plutarkians.
"Uh, Stoker," wondered Tawny. "Aren't we supposed to be heading East?"
"Nope. We'll come from the southwest, and surprise them."
A few hours later, the Freedom Fighters were well on their way towards the city of the Red Tower. The mountain rangers were starting to flatten out, forming into hills. But, some twenty-five miles from Brimstone City, was the mountain called Mount Proctor. Tall and heavily forested, Stoker figured it would be the best way to make it past the Plutarkians without arousing suspicion.
As they approached the mountain, Stoker realized the obvious.
He was wrong. Very wrong.
Plutarkian airships were soaring above it, patrolling it. Troops were spotted by Throttle--who always seemed to have good eyes--racing through patches of the mountain that fewer trees. No . . . that wasn't right. They were ripping down the trees!
"Stoker, look at that!" yelped Tawny.
"I didn't know they were here," Stoker confessed. "We'll have to move around. Tawny, Cody, why don't you two scout on ahead? Bros, stay here."
Cody smiled. "Aye-aye, captain!"
Stoker just shook his head. "Get going, you two. We don't have a lot of time."
Just then, there was a noise from above. Martian air force jets flew in and opened fire on the Plutarkian airships. Following this was a barrage on the mountain itself. Billowing clouds of smoke marked the destruction of some of the Plutarkian installations.
"Better belay that, Stoker. Looks like we may be able to enter Brimstone anyways. But just to be safe, let's get back on the back roads. One of them should lead us there."
Sign up to rate and review this story