Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One More Night & One More Toy

The Set Up

by Cucumber 4 reviews

"Hear me out, okay. He's funny, he's smart, he's rich, good-looking and romantic, he even knows how to cook, he's laid-back...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1113 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4
Daniel finally left, he packed his bags and flew back home. He said he would send me my stuff later that week. I was just so glad that he was gone, but my mom just shock her head when she saw me.

"Oh Tara. Why throw away such a beautiful thing? He was wealthy, he was a doctor! You had a secure future!"

Needless to say, my mom didn't think much of my barista position at a fancy café. She didn't even understand that coffee was all I wanted to do; I could even be a world champion at making coffee! But did she understand that? No, she just looked at the money my brother was making and compared it to mine.

"Mom, drop it."

George and Pete walked into the kitchen. In case you hadn't figured it out, the kitchen was the heart of the house. They sat down opposite me.

"Are you drinking already? It's still only noon!"

I looked at the beer in my hand.

"I was thirsty."

"George, can you tell your sister it was stupid of her to break things up with Daniel. She's 25! She's running out of time."

"Running out of time for what mom?"

"Marriage. Honey, you have to think about your future!"

I just rolled my eyes.

"George is almost 30, he doesn't have a girlfriend."

"Men are different; they can be single longer without being thought of as strange."

Hang on; was she saying that I was strange? I noticed Pete staring at me like he had never seen me before. I tilted my head to the side and raised my eyebrows.

"What?"

"I'm just still thinking how hot if would be to see you and a girl getting it on."

"Pete, she's my little sister!"

He just shrugged and winked at me. George glared at him.

"Pete."

"Relax George; I can take care of myself!"

"Not when it comes to Pete."

"Okay."

I had no idea what that meant, but I wasn't in the mood to argue with him. It wasn't like I really had a shot with him anyway, I mean, he is Pete Wentz the rock star and I'm just Tara the barista. Not exactly the ideal pairing.

"I'm going for a walk. Who wants to join me?"

I stood up from the table, I needed the fresh air.

"I'll join you."

Pete stood up as well and followed me to the door. He was not really the company I had expected, but he was better then no one. I hated walking alone, especially in the country. We walked in silence for awhile; away from the house and towards the woods.

"I was wondering if you would like to consider dating this guy I know."

I stared at him. He kissed me last night and was asking me today to date his friend?

"What?"

"Hear me out, okay. He's funny, he's smart, he's rich, good-looking and romantic, he even knows how to cook, he's laid-back...

"Pete."

"Let me finish! He respects women and he's amazing in bed!"

"Do I even want to know how you know he's good in bed?"

"So, does he interest you?"

"Yeah, I guess. Who's the friend, someone in your band?"

"Yes, he's in my band."

I nodded for him to continue. If he was trying to set me up with a loser I'd kill him.

"What's his name?"

"It's kind of funny, actually. It's Pete..." he paused. "Wentz."

"You're setting me up with yourself?"

I couldn't help laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"Why don't you just ask me straight out like normal people?"

"Because I'm not normal. Are you still interested?"

Of course I said yes. No girl in her right mind would turn that guy down.

"Come one, I want to show you something."

He grabbed my hand and led me through the wood, he was leading me through parts of the wood I hadn't even been to and I'd lived here the first 18 years of my life! The wood was dark and I stayed close to Pete, maybe a bit close, but I had never been comfortable in the dark. He stopped and looked at me.

"Close your eyes."

I first stared at him before I closed them. I felt his hands over my eyes as he guided me through the woodland. I had no idea where we were going or what was on Pete's mind. Maybe he was a psycho and was leading me up to a cabin so he could kill me and no one would find out. I was getting scared by my own thoughts when we stopped. His hands moved from my eyes and to my hips. He was standing close to me, so close I had difficulties breathing.

"You can open your eyes now."

I opened my eyes and looked over a small lake. I had no idea we even had a lake near our house! The scenery was so beautiful and so ... romantic.

"Pete, where are we?"

He put his head on my shoulder.

"This is where your brother and I spent most of our free time, either swimming or building a little tree house."

He pointed towards one tree and I could see a tiny house there. I had always tried to follow them, but I always lost them because I was too afraid to go into the woods alone. I had been a big pussy when I was little.

"It's beautiful!"

He smiled and led me towards the lake. He sat down by the waterside and motioned for me to sit down next to him. I still couldn't believe that this had been so close to my house but I hadn't had the slightest clue! I noticed the Pete had been staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me, the view is so much more beautiful!"

"I've stared at this view most of my childhood. I never had much of a chance to stare at you."

I'll admit it, I blushed. I turned almost bright red. Why was he doing this to me and why had his words this effect on me? He smiled at my reaction and moved closer.

"You're cute when you blush."

He brushed my hair from my face. He inched his face closer to mine and our lips were almost touching. He looked into my eyes and licked his lips before smiling and planting a small kiss on my lips. He kissed me again, this time with more force and there was some tongue action. He even managed to pin me down in the grass and half straddle me.

And then someone made a loud, fake cough above us.
Sign up to rate and review this story