Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > The Hidden Evil Design

Chapter 1: The Owner of The Sacred Jewel Shard

by KazeYoukai667 0 reviews

Inuyasha and his friends have eluded Naraku's grip time and time again... but this time, the tides may turn on our group... in the form of a strange game... what is it? What exactly is that demon ...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Inuyasha, Naraku, Sango - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1657 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters, names, places and what-not. I do, however, own my ideas and hope they are enjoyable to you as you read this! Thanx.

Note: The story really kicks off here... no more prologues!

Chapter 1A: The Owner of the Jewel Shard


"Wait, Sango!" Inuyasha called to the rapidly vanishing figure on the horizon, but for all the good it did, he might as well have been yelling to the tall oak tree beside him where he had lain just moments before.

"Damn it!" Inuyasha cried, infuriated, and not quite knowing why. "She doesn't even know if it's her brother or not! And even if it is, she won't be able to save him from Naraku!"

Hearing a sudden noise behind him, Inuyasha whipped around, only to see Kagome readying herself for battle, her quiver of sacred arrows slung over her shoulder. Her eyes were alert and wary, the eyes of someone completely used to this era of chaos and war. They were currently focused on the ground, where Shippou was still laying, apparently too excited, or frightened, to move, then to Miroku, who was on his feet as well, holy staff in hand and eyes looking similarly expectant, and then to the half-demon himself.

"Inuyasha..." Kagome began, but he cut her off quickly with one motion of his hand. She knew that motion, and did not dare question it, though she could have disciplined him interrupting her with a single word, but she did not. The situation at hand now was too serious.

"Kagome, get on my back... we're going after her," Inuyasha said, and crouched down on the ground, ready. Kagome nodded. "Okay, but if it is... him... we have to take extra precautions... remember that Kohaku is not just some lowly demon that we can simply kill without hesitation... it's Sango's brother..."

"I know that!" Inuyasha snapped, and Kagome took a small step backward, a trifle hurt by his response; she was just trying to make her point, of course. But hard times called for desperate measures, or however the saying goes. She nodded again, confident like she was just a couple of minutes ago. "Alright... let's go."

************************
Meanwhile, far ahead of them, Kirara's fast pace drew her and her master closer to where that enigmatic figure stood, on a small rise almost directly in front of them. Sango's mind was on only one person, and that was her beloved brother, whom she knew was standing only feet from her, on the ground below, looking up at her, his mind wiped clean of all the memories of his past life, before that terrible day at the castle... when he...

"No!" Sango cried to herself, and below her, she could feel Kirara twitch from that shout. "I refuse to believe it! He is my brother and I will do all that I can to save him from that bastard Naraku's evil grip!"

And as if in reply to her yell, the figure on the ground suddenly leaped up with catlike agility, much like Kirara herself, and then flew into the sky.

Sango, openmouthed, stared blankly at the person (she now knew it to be a person) as they easily lifted themselves into the air, almost as if they were walking up invisible stairs leading to the heavens. At the moment, the figure was in shadow, cast by the absence of the sun behind the clouds, but very quickly the shape was revealed... to be Naraku.

************************

Jumping through the air with incredible speed was one of Inuyasha's special traits... he could cover many miles in a very short time... that tactic came in very useful as they made their way toward Sango.

Because he could not fly, being an ordinary human, Miroku could run extremely fast for a long period of time and not get fatigued; he took advantage of this now... it had served him well in the past and he was determined to do it to get Sango back, no matter what it took.

Shippou, while he could use his fox-magic to transform into a flyable object, did not, because he knew he would slow the group down... instead, he rode on Inuyasha with Kagome, clinging to her shoulder for dear life.

"Hey, Kagome!" Miroku called from just behind them, "Where is your strange contraption that you used to bring to this world? Is it back in your era?" Kagome had to think of what the lecherous monk was trying to get at... but then she had it. "Oh yeah, my bike! I did leave it over there, and forgot to bring it back when I returned yesterday... sorry!"

"That's okay!" Miroku replied, but in his head he was seething. It would have been nice to use her carriage-like machine; for one, he wouldn't be lagging behind Inuyasha like this, and for another... he dismissed the unfinished thought with a grin. Instead, he used this time to look past Inuyasha, where a broad expanse of woods was quickly approaching them, and not too far ahead... approximately 500 feet ahead, were two... no, three... figures in the sky. Two looked like Sango, riding on Kirara, but who was the other? From this distance and perspective it did not look like her brother, Kohaku... instead, it looked like... but it couldn't be! And yet...

"Inuyasha, be careful!" Miroku yelled to the half-demon, but his effort to waste his voice was futile; Inuyasha seen him, all right. "I know! It's that bastard! We'll get him this time!" Miroku could not help but realize that no matter how many times Inuyasha said that, it did no good; Naraku and his incarnations just did not seem to want to die. But he hoped, with all his heart, that this would be the day Naraku was destroyed, mainly to help Sango reunite with her brother, but also to get rid of this damned Kazaana in his hand. It would be quite interesting, once his curse was lifted, to not have to worry about stroking beautiful females with a black hole in your hand.

************************

"Naraku, you bastard!" Sango screamed, hurling Hiraikotsu from the strap on her back and readying it, aiming for the nefarious demon in front of her.

At the moment, Naraku was in his baboon pelt disguise, a disguise he once used before he attained his newer, better, more powerful body. Why he was using it now, Sango did not guess; at the moment she plain did not care. All her thoughts were bent on killing him, both for her and Kohaku's sake, not to mention everyone else that had been torn apart by his schemes.

"Sango, I implore you to calm down," he now said, speaking softly, always with that faint hint of arrogance in his voice, a voice that said he was boss and everything went his way, or the highway, "I did not come to fight you. On the contrary, I wish to talk to you, if you would not mind." She knew that he knew before he finished his sentence that it was going to do no good. Someone that killed your whole family, practically and forced your only brother to become a mindless slave, slaughtering everyone he is ordered to slaughter, isn't really someone you can just sit down and have a pleasant conversation with, is it?

Sango shouted in anger, raised her boomerang and threw it with all her might, toward the baboon-pelted figure in front of her; she missed by a mile.

"Shit!" she cursed, urging Kirara to go forward as fast as her fiery body would allow, to reach her weapon before it was too late... but it was too late. With one motion, Naraku reached out a hand and caught Hiraikotsu before it smashed into a tree, and although she could not see it, Sango knew that the demon was laughing.

"Sango, you should know by now... I cannot be killed by your petty means. Now maybe Inuyasha can, one day, or even his brother, Sesshomaru, but never you... you don't have what it takes, do you?" He stopped, lowering the boomerang to his side, and reached into his pelt, where he withdrew a glowing piece of the Sacred Jewel. He was the owner of the shard, after all.

The only visible part of Naraku's body showing now was the lower half of his face, and Sango could see him smiling from ear to ear (although she could not see his ears, that's another expression).

"Now, you thought that I was your dear brother, did you not?" he asked, and held out the shard, as if offering it to her. But then he snatched it back, just as quickly, almost as if knowing what he had done at the last second.

"Never mind that, though... it's really good that you so willingly gave me your weapon, Sango... because I have a very special surprise for you and all of your friends! Would you like to know what it is?"

Her mind still filled with raging thoughts of murdering the demon in front of her, Sango could not help but be a little curious. "What do you mean?" There was no reply from Naraku, but he was still smiling. "What is it?" Sango asked again, this time more urgently. There was still no reply.

Frustrated, Sango shouted, "TELL ME, DAMN YOU!"

There was still no response. But then Naraku began to laugh.

"I will tell you!" he finally replied. He replaced the jewel fragment into his robes and then sat cross-legged in the air.

"It's a little involved, but I'll make it brief," he continued. Sango sighed in anger, wondering what the hell he was thinking of, and listened to his words...


To be Continued

Note: HI! Told you I leave big cliffhangers! Next chapter is gonna be good, I can promise you! If you haven't yet read, please do!

KazeYoukai667 signing out...






Sign up to rate and review this story