Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

Ennui And I Divide

by Cerediwen 4 reviews

Ray's burial

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 882 words

0Unrated
Chapter 24
Ennui and I Divide

Frank sat next to the blazing fire, even though it had now reached midday the forest was freezing and he shivered as he shifted slightly closer to it. Gerard sat at the base of the huge tree he'd been sleeping under for most of the day and no matter what they did he would come no closer to the fire or tell them why. Stealing a quick glance in his direction Frank shook his head, the vocalist was a mess and there was no denying it. Mikey hadn't been able to coax any sense out of him and it was scaring them all half to death - it was plain as punch that Melaina was responsible but what she was responsible for was still a bit of a misery. Frank sighed as he poked the fire with a wet twig he'd picked off the ash strewn floor, they should have gone back to the mansion ages ago but Gerard would just not budge and a voice at the back of Frank's head was taunting him with the arrival of Melaina's guards again. All the pluck and courage he'd had yesterday seemed to have evaporated and he was simply left with a feeling of overwhelming dread.

~~~~~~~*~

"Get away!" The scream of pain rang out through the whole network of small, stone clad rooms that formed the maze of Melaina's dungeons. The rats who scuttled to and fro in the darkness stopped for a minute, pricking their ears to listen before dropping back onto their grey paws and carrying on with their daily lives. The screams didn't bother them; they'd got used to it after the first dozen prisoners and now it was normal, they'd probably be more scared if no one did scream. The thing that still froze their blood was the cackle that followed though, anytime that echoed they ran, dashing back to their cervices in the walls until the last eerie echo had died out for good. So Melaina threw her head back and cackled, her long hair flowing down her back as she did so, the whip cracking in her hands as she brought it down hard across his back again. He screamed out in pain as the burning in his skin refused to die, blood running down his back. Upstairs a little girl was standing by her window and listening to him scream. She'd been screaming herself before, ramming her fists into the wood of the door as she tried desperately to stop his pain. She'd banged the door until her fists bled but the lock never gave in so now she had to stand and listen to him scream as the chrysanthemum in the pot nearest to her flickered in and out of perfect white. It was beginning to stain grey and it sent shivers down her spine - the first signs of insanity and her mama was inflicting it. Resting her hands back on the still and shivering as the cold air chilled her to the bone she stared out into the city. Around the streets and in the squares the black robed creatures still shuffled, bringing an even more lifeless silence to the place as they continued on their business as if the city its self had become mute.

~~~~~~~*~

The three men stood around the grave, their heads bent as silver tears ran down their cheeks, memories over loading their minds. Stuck in the newly turned earth was a wooden cross, stripped of bark by the knife that Mikey had found at the bottom of his coat pocket. Beneath the mound of ash and dirt lay the body of their friend, their best friend, their brother; dead as cold as the grave he lay in. As they stand there in silence Bob slowly begins to speak, his tone dark and grave as he stops occasionally to stop the tears from choking him. As the three end on the one cold note of Amen, it doesn't seem to ring quite true with any of them, none agreeing with the days events and each cursing the woman who is currently lying in the arms of their best friend. Then, from out of the cold of the forest they begin to sing, the words they all hav heard sung a thousand times before in concert and in studio.
"For what you did to me, and what I'll do to you, you get, what everyone else gets, you get a lifetime. Do you remember that day when we met you told me this gets harder - well it did. Been holding on forever, promise me that when I'm gone you'll kill my enemies, the damage you've inflicted temporary wounds. I'm coming back from the dead and I'll take you home with me, I'm taking back the life you stole. We never got that far, this helps me to think all through the night bright lights that, won't kill me now, or tell me how just you and I, your starless eyes remain." The notes and the words echoed around the forest, creatures that would normally have not woken up for months yet stirring in their sleep as if to pay respect to their dead and their mourning. And so the tale rolled on another death, and another grave.


~~~~~~~*~
Sign up to rate and review this story