Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Curse on Your Lips

Monster, How should I feel?

by jessiearei 2 reviews

Some of the shit hits the fan.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1487 words

0Unrated
Chapter 11

Monster, How Should I Feel?

Kadence's POV:


Oh. My. God. What do I do? I can't tell Patrick! Oh my, oh my, oh my. I've been caught, what do I tell him?

"No! He's not my son. I swear Patrick." I said starting to panic.

"You're lying Kadence! Tell me the truth now! Is Spencer your son?" I can't lie to Patrick, what am I going to do?

"You can't tell anyone Patrick! Please don't!" I said breaking down. I fell back on the bed sobbing hysterically. Patrick's going to tell Pete, I know it. Pete's his best friend, he won't keep it from him. Patrick looked shocked and dumbfounded. He sat on the bed silent for a few minutes before he turned and looked at me.

"Kadence, are you serious. You have a son? Is he...is he Pete's? Please tell me the truth Kade."

"...Yes" I said looking down at the floor. This was not how I wanted him to find out.

"Kadence why didn't you tell us! This is Pete's child too! I can't believe you would keep this from him, from all of us! How could you? Kadence Pete trusted you!" Patrick all but yelled.

"I trusted Pete too damn it! He broke my heart and left me for the fame! He doesn't care about me and he wont care about our son! That's why I never told anyone! Because I knew he wouldn't be there for Spencer and me! Pete never cared about me and he won't ever care about Spencer!" I said fuming, "I couldn't tell you him."

"Kadence I know Pete was a jerk to you, but he has a right to know that he has a son! This isn't like you, what happened. You've changed so much since the last time we saw you. Where did my best friend go?" Patrick said looking down.

"She's right here. She just grew up. And she had her heart broken one too many times." I said looking up at Patrick. "You can't tell him Patrick. Please don't, I will eventually. I just have to work up the courage."

"And how long is that going to take Kadence. How old is Spencer? Five, Six, I'm not going to wait long. You have till the end of the week before you leave. You better tell him, because trust me you don't want me to tell him." Patrick threatened.

"What happened to my best friend Patrick?" I asked.

"He learned that the truth hurts and that you have to take it as it comes. No matter what happens." He said walking out of the room. I layed down on my bed and drifted off into the worst sleep that I've ever had, full of nightmares.

Author's POV:

Back downstairs...


Pete, Joe, and Andy sat downstairs watching TV as Patrick went upstairs to talk to Kadence. Pete sat there cracking his knuckles nervously.

"Pete if you don't knock it off, you're not going to be able to play the bass anymore." Andy said annoyed at all the noise Pete was making.

"Sorry, I just want to know who this Spencer character is."

"Pete she's aloud to date ya know. She's not a child and you need to stop being so overprotective. You've already had your chance and you blew it." Joe said.

"Yeah, I know! But I can't help it! It was stupid of me to lose her like that!" Just then they heard yelling from upstairs. Pete started to get up but Andy stopped him.

"Don't. It's their argument. Don't get involved Pete. If they wanted you to know, then you would be up there with them. Now stay seated and don't try to eavesdrop." Andy said while turning up the volume on the TV so that Pete couldn't understand what they were saying.

Patrick walked down the stairs five minutes later looking very pissed off.

"So Trick, what did she say?" Pete asked standing up.

"I don't want to talk about it right now Pete. Sorry." He said getting a sympathetic look on his face before walking off to his room. Pete stood there confused.

"What the hell is his problem. I only wanted him to find out who Spencer was. He didn't have to go get into an argument with her." Pete said walking off to find Patrick.

He found him in his room, sitting on his bed staring at the ceiling. He heard Pete come in and told him to go away.

"Come on Trick, just tell me who that Spencer guy is. I'm dying to know." Pete whined.

"He's not her boyfriend if that's what you thought. He's just a close friend of hers. She'd never be able to date him, trust me. Now could you please just leave me alone." Patrick said still staring at the ceiling.

"Thanks Trick, but first you have to tell me what you guys got in an argument over." Pete said sitting down on Patrick's bed. Patrick sighed knowing that it was going to take a lot to get Pete to go away. But he made a promise and he couldn't tell Pete about Spencer.

"It's nothing Pete. Now could you please just leave me alone. I don't feel good right now." Patrick said turning on his side away from Pete.

"Patrick you lying to me. Just tell me the truth." Pete pressed the subject.

"Damn it Pete just go away." Patrick snapped.

"Sorry." Pete said looking down. He got up and made his way to the door.

"Pete wait. I'm sorry. I just don't want to talk about it right now. Maybe later ok?" Patrick said feeling like a dick.

"Yeah. Get some sleep and feel better." Pete said smiling before he left Patrick in his room to think about the news he just got.

'So Pete has a son. And he doesn't even know it. It had to have been the night that we got signed; when Kadence was drunk and Pete took advantage of her. God I can't believe Pete's a father. And Kadence is selfish enough to keep it from him, to keep it from us. How could she? She wouldn't have had to go through it alone. Pete would have been there. I know he would have. He may have gotten caught up in the fame, but if he knew about Spencer it wouldn't have happened.'

Patrick fell into and uncomfortable sleep the night. He tossed and turned all night. He woke up the next morning and walked into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee.

"Damn Trick you look like shit. Didn't get much sleep last night?" Joe asked as Patrick walked into the room.

"No, I had too much on my mind." Patrick said looking at Kadence who was sitting at the table eating a bowl on cereal. She just stared at her bowl of cereal as if she didn't even hear him.

"Hey, cheer up. Chelsea's going to be here today. You haven't seen her in 2 weeks!" Pete said trying to cheer him up.

"Chelsea? As in thee Chelsea you told me about over the phone. The one that's amazing and you love so much!" Kadence said trying to lighten the mood. Patrick blushed and looked down at the floor.

"Aw Patrick's in love." Andy said in a baby voice.

"Shut up you guys. I'm going to take a shower before she gets here." Patrick said and went back upstairs.

30 minutes later...

Patrick had finished getting ready and was pacing the apartment waiting for Chelsea to arrive.

"Trick, calm down. You're going to wear holes in the floor if you don't stop pacing. Sit down, you look fine." Kadence said pushing Patrick down into a seat only for him to jump back up to go answer the door because the doorbell had rang. He walked back into the room with a girl about 5 ft 7 in. She had short hair in the back with the underneath pink, with long pink bangs, and she had dark brown eyes.

"Hey guys." Chelsea said. They all said there 'hellos' and then Kadence stepped up from the couch.

"Hi, I'm Kadence. I've heard so much about you." Kadence said sticking out her hand.

"I'm Chelsea. I've heard so much about you too! The infamous other best friend." Chelsea laughed shaking Kadence's hand. They all sat down and started talking, Kadence also taking notes of it all.

"I think this is the start a new friendship," Andy whispered in Patrick's ear, pointing at Kade and Chelsea...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So i ran out of titles from fob lyrics. this one is from Monster by Meg and Dia. its an amazing song, you should definantly check it out. so not too much drama in this chapter. next couple of chapter is alot worse. and since im totally sick i've got a few done so the updates shouldnt take me forever this time. so pls review!
Sign up to rate and review this story