Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > My Life Then and Now

The News That Ruined My Life...or Did It?

by Blood-Skye 1 review

There is something wrong with her dad and she discovers that she has an older half-brother and ster. Something major is about to happen. What could it be? I'll work on the format later. I don't hav...

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Chuck Comeau, David Desrosiers - Published: 2007-01-08 - Updated: 2007-01-08 - 1853 words

0Unrated
Kimmi's P.O.V.
I was swiping the floors of the restaurant I worked at. I only had a half-hour left of work. Then I would go and practice Toni's guitar, mine was in the shop getting repaired, with Toni, the bass player in our band. Tonight Toni and I were the only ones who could practice. Abby had a hockey game to go to and Kelsie had a church thing to go on.
"Miss Marcett, why don't you go and wait on the table in the back? All the other employees have left." My boss asked.
"Whatever." I answered.

I walked over to the back table where there was five guys sitting. They were all laughing and joking.
"Must be nice to hang with friends instead of working." I thought to myself.
"What can I get you guys?"
"Um...lets see. I can't have any dairy products, so how about a milkshake." one of them replied.
"I thought you said you couldn't have any milk products." I stated.
"Yeah, but since the uptight one ain't here, I can." he laughed.
"Coke for all of them." someone said joining them.
"You must be the uptight one." I said to him. He gave me a confused look and then turned and smacked the guy who had just been talking.
"Quit telling people that I am uptight!" he yelled.
"Okay six cokes, anything else?" I asked. I wanted to get away because there was something familiar about them all.
"Kimmi! You're guitar is back from the shop!" Toni yelled walking in the restaurant holding two guitar cases. All six of the guys shot their heads up and two of them had put there's back down at once. The one that was uptight and some guy that had short blondish/black hair that was spiked.
"Sweet! I'll be right back." I said placing the pad of paper on their table. I grabbed my guitar case and put it on a table near theirs. I started to look over her guitar to make sure everything was in working condition. We were playing Battle of The Bands soon.

The guys at their table-David's P.O.V.
"Chuck, David, what is your problem? That chick walks in and both you put your heads down and cover your faces." Pierre questioned.
"Because I know one of those girls. I don't know her personally, but I know her from somewhere." I replied.
"That girl that came in is my sister. She hates me because I made her stop dating this one guy. His name was Chris and he was just not for her. So, she ran away and moved in with one of her friends that don't go to our school." Chuck added. Pierre nodded in understanding. The two girls walked to the back and came out with six cokes and a chocolate milkshake. Kimmi set the chocolate milkshake in front of Pierre.
"Don't let Mr. Uptight take milk away from you." she said. Chuck reached for the milkshake, but his sister slapped his hand. Chuck looked at her.
"You! What are you doing here?" she yelled.
"Hanging with friends. Why? Miss me?" Chuck smirked.
"Oh yes, dreadfully. Chuck please won't you forgive me for being such an ass and running away." Toni replied sarcastically. Kimmi got a look that said she knew what was happening. Chuck got up and stood in front of his sister. Kimmi sat down next to me, where Chuck had been sitting. I turned to Seb and had pleading eyes to get her away from me.
"David, what is your problem. Who is she?" Seb asked in a whisper.
"I can`t remember why I know her..." I replied. I just did.

"Charles-Andre Comeau, don't think that I am going to forgive you." Toni yelled. Some guy had walked in and Kimmi looked up at him curiously. Like she knew him or something.
"Dad? What are you doing here?" She asked. He looked very upset about something and when he spoke I could see the worried look in Kimmi eyes.

Kimmi's P.O.V.
My dad walked over to me.
"Girlie, we need to talk." he said sounding very serious.
"Okay. Let's go over here and talk." I said and pointed to an empty booth far away from everyone. Toni was now sitting right by Chuck, still arguing. But I knew they were all watching as my dad and I walked to the empty booth and sat down.

"Dad, what's going on?" I asked.
"There is no easy way of telling you this baby girl but..." He stopped. He was looking over at the guy named David, he was sticking straws up his nose and napkins in his ears, probably to keep Toni laughing and not yelling at her brother.
"What is it dad?" I questioned getting really worried. He took a deep breath.
"I'm sick." he said at last.
"Okay, I will take you home. I will make you a hot bowl of chicken soup and you will feel better after some rest." I told him. He shook his head, like I had said something wrong. There were tears starting to form in his eyes. I took his hand and held it in mine.
"What do you mean `you're sick?" I asked. Tears were forming in my eyes too, but I don't know why.
"I am meaning that I have cancer. I just found out. That is why I haven't been myself lately. They didn't catch it in time and I have to spend the rest of my time in the hospital." he said. I looked down at the tables trying the gather all of my thoughts. So many were running through my head at that point. Why was this happening to him, why didn't we catch it earlier, and where would I live after he died?
"Dad, if you have to stay in the hospital, where will I stay?" I asked. Now the tears were running down my face. I was losing my best friend in the whole world. The only person who believed I could go far in the music business or whatever I wanted to do.
"You will be going to stay with your real mom. In fact, she should be arriving soon to get you." he told me. He grabbed my hand and held on to let me know everything would work out, but how could it? I was losing him.
"There she is now." my dad said after a two minute silence

I looked at the door to see a medium height, skinny and long blonde hair women walking towards us. She was pretty, my dad said I always looked like my mom, but she was beautiful. I wasn't that beautiful, I mean everyone said I was, but I didn't think so.
"Hello, Kevin. How are you feeling?" she asked.
"Okay, I guess. Thank you so much for meeting us here." my dad replied. I was trying to stop crying because I was in a room with seven strangers. My dad was the only person who has ever seen me cried and now everyone was watching me break down.
"No problem. So, is this my daughter?" she asked pointing to me. I was still in a stage of shock so I wasn't paying attention.
"Yes, this is her. Kimmi meet Marie, your mom." my dad said bringing me out of my shock.
"Hello." I whispered. By this time the six guys and Toni had walked over.
"Girl, what's wrong?" Toni asked. I pulled her aside and explained what my dad told me. I wasn't prepared for what would happen next though.

Toni and I joined the group that formed around the booth.
"Mom, what are you doing here?" David asked.
"What? She is your mom?" Toni asked.
"Yeah, why?" he asked. I looked at my dad to see if he could explain but by the look on his face he had no idea what was going on.
"David, Kimmi. I have to tell you something." Marie began.
"You guys are brother and sister. Well, half, you have different dads." she finished. David and I just stared at her.
"What about Julie?" he asked.
"She is your full sister." Marie answered.
"I have a sister too. I am going from an only child to the youngest of three." I screamed and stormed out.

It was pouring that night. I heard footsteps behind me, but I kept walking because I though they belonged to my dad or Toni.
"Kimmi. Wait." the person yelled. I stopped and turned to see Toni's brother standing there.
"What?" I asked. At lest he couldn't tell I was crying.
"Come on. Why are you running?" he asked.
"Because this is too much for me to handle. I can't take all this in at once. My head is about to explode." I yelled. He looked down at me as he walked closer. He pulled me into a hug and whispered.
"No matter what, we will all be here for you. You are now part of this big weird ass family we have. We are all like family and we will help you adjust in any way possible. Okay?" He gave me these really cute puppy dog eyes and I am the biggest sucker for puppy dog eyes.
"Okay, come on. They are waiting for me." I said and headed back to the restaurant.

I walked into the restaurant and went back by my dad.
"Time to go, hon." he said and looked at my mom. I couldn't hold it in anymore from them.
"Dad, no! Please tell me you are joking. Tell me this is all a lie. Please. Don't leave me. I can't do it without you." I pleaded. Tears were falling from mine and my dad's eyes as we hugged. He gave me a kiss on the head. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a locket.
"I was going to give this to you for your graduation present, but I won't be there in person, but in sprit. It was you grandmother's and now it is yours." he said handing me the necklace. I held it in my hand and watched him get up and walk out of the restaurant. I ran after him.
"Dad, I will come visit you everyday." I yelled as he pulled away. I fell to my knees on the ground when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see the hand belonged to David.
"It will be okay. I am here for you." he reassured me. I stood up, soaking wet and cried on his shoulder. The news I had just received was the best and worst news of my life. It ruined everything I had planned. My dad wasn't going to be there to walk me down the aisle and won't see me graduate or see his grandkids. But on the other hand I just found out that I have a brother and sister. I finally get to meet my mom and my brother's friends seem nice. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story